Skin Name: Quinto Black CT v1.8
Author: PeterK.
Type: Modern Skin
File Extension: wal
SHA-1: 33DD3004FDD144906DF3F359AB51DA9DE739FDB3
Size: 1.62 MB

Changelog:

- added: Component Label slider
- added: CLOSE buttons on Equalizer, VU Meter (analog and digital), Spectrum Analyzer and Art-window
- added: LED Color context menu option
- added: flashing-button-script (makes the MENU button flash after click)

- changed: Equalizer is no longer a drawer
- changed: set Notifier "Never show" option as default
- changed: set "Scrolling disabled" option as default
- changed: set minimum size of the Medialibrary window - you can use it now as pseudo-WindowShade-Mode
- changed: the looks of the playback status signs and text

- fixed: moving the balance slider on the Equalizer to the right showed LEFT on the display

Download Link: Here

Enjoy!

Additional notes:

1) If you hit the EQ button on the Equalizer you will see the line EQ: ON on the display. If you hit this button again Winamp shows the PreAmp value on the display instead of EQ: OFF. Also after a fresh start with Equalizer on you will see the Preamp value on the display. This is again one of those "not under my control" - things.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Update 1.8.png
Views:	425
Size:	436.1 KB
ID:	53773  
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 09:13   #2
libero

Everything is good, beautiful, excellent, but ... a lot. Equalizer, as a separate window - a controversial decision, I liked the old version. Finally, please complete the LED indicators on the main and separate windows. Remove the constantly burning start by -20, and add the initial (on / off) and peak (max) diodes. The version of the diodes is the best of version 1.5 - there they are more vivid and better visible, especially on the large indicator.
libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 23:46   #3
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
..Also after a fresh start with Equalizer on you will see the Preamp value on the display..
I've also found this annoying bug while working on Big Bento Modern. A PARTIAL fix you can implement is to limit the messages sent to the display to ONLY WHEN the EQ is visible*.

To achieve it, you can add the line below into the "System.onEqPreampChanged(int newvalue)" section, try it out:

code:

if (getScriptGroup().isVisible() == 1)
{
displayInfoII("showinfo",t);
}

*This makes a bit more sense to me, only show EQ related messages when the EQ is shown.

Also, for the EQ ON/OFF message, I used the below code and it works on my skin, but I don't know if it's applicable to your skin:

code:
System.onEqChanged (boolean newstatus)
{
if (!newstatus)
{
SongTicker.sendAction("showinfo", "EQUALIZER: OFF", 0, 0, 0, 0);
}
else
{
SongTicker.sendAction("showinfo", "EQUALIZER: ON", 0, 0, 0, 0);
}
}

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2018, 07:21   #4
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
I've also found this annoying bug while working on Big Bento Modern. A PARTIAL fix you can implement is to limit the messages sent to the display to ONLY WHEN the EQ is visible*.

To achieve it, you can add the line below into the "System.onEqPreampChanged(int newvalue)" section, try it out:

code:

if (getScriptGroup().isVisible() == 1)
{
displayInfoII("showinfo",t);
}

Hello Victhor and thanks for your ideas. Well this part above helped, although I had to change getScriptGroup() into getContainer("equalizer").getLayout("normal") since the Equalizer is no longer part of the Main Player container.

Regarding the second suggestion you make I cannot stop wondering because I saw the same behavior in the older versions of my skin when Equalizer was a part of the Main Player container and I still got the wrong message on the display: EQ: PREAMP: 0.0 DB instead of EQUALIZER: OFF. So sending a message from one container to another is apparently not the reason for that oddity.
Old 7th April 2018, 14:08   #5
PeterK.

I still do not know how to get rid of the EQ: PREAMP: 0.0dB text line on the display. But I know what causes it!

In the equalizer script there is a function called setEqBandValueNull(), in which all sliders/bands and the preAmp slider get the value 0 - they "jump" into the middle point of the tracks. And the line setEqPreAmp(0); makes Winamp display the decibel value on the display without any apparent reason. As soon as I remove the command I see the proper text line:

To be continued ...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	eq off.png
Views:	322
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	53780  
Old 7th April 2018, 15:03   #6
PeterK.

Also when I choose a preset Winamp shows me the PreAmp value on the display. This would mean that every preset sets the band- and preAmp-value and makes Winamp show the last one (here preAmp) on the display.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	presets.png
Views:	327
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	53782  
Old 7th April 2018, 19:37   #7
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
Hello Victhor and thanks for your ideas. Well this part above helped, although I had to change getScriptGroup() into getContainer("equalizer").getLayout("normal") since the Equalizer is no longer part of the Main Player container..
Actually I forgot to mention those lines should go into equalizer.maki heh, so you can avoid forcing the script to look for the container and then the layout and then the script group.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2018, 19:04   #8
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
... then the script group.
I have a confession to make Vic. I have to withdraw what I said about successfully pasting the line ...isVisible==1..., which would prevent the appearance of the EQ: PREAMP: 0.0DB line on the display(s) while starting Winamp.

The more I think about your proposition the more I am confused. And the reason is, that it is regardless whether the Equalizer (as container/window) is running or not. The EQ: PREAMP: 0.0 DB text line appears on the display when the Equalizer (as feature) is on. Right? So what am I supposed to check if it is visible or not? Which group? Help me here ...
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins