Old 15th June 2018, 03:00   #1
WGTR

Using AutoDJ and most Android users cannot connect

Ok, I have Shoutcast installed with SC-Trans2 as the AutoDJ.

Everything seems fine with the install and for my iPhone app there are no problems at all. But, for my Android app most people cannot listen in.

To be a little clearer. I have about 10 different streams on my Shoutcast server, but only one is using SC-Trans2, the rest are running without AutoDJ. All of them work no problem for Android, iPhone, browser, Winamp, etc....

The one with SC_Trans2 however will work on everything, except most Android phones. But, as soon as I disable the AutoDJ and feed it from Winamp it works fine on Android phones.

What is the problem?
WGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2018, 03:51   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

"for my Android app most people" ... "most Android phones" ... seems mostly to do with a problem with your android app

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2018, 22:45   #3
WGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaromanda View Post
"for my Android app most people" ... "most Android phones" ... seems mostly to do with a problem with your android app
That may be the case. But, any idea why? The app has no problem connecting when I have AutoDJ disabled and am feeding it with a source such as Winamp.

What I'm asking, if I wasn't clear, is what is the difference, to the app/player, in AutoDJ and non AutoDJ? Does the app/player get a different type of feed or something when in AutoDJ as opposed to normal mode where I'm using a source such as Winamp?
WGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support