Old 13th May 2004, 12:11   #41
SLoB
Major Dude

thats looking better
couple of points i notice
the flat part of the bottom of the main body under the volume could do with being rounded
the mute button is too big and has a slight unnatural curve on the top of it
those 2 buttons next to the Xon are a tad too big, they would look better being made a tad smaller so they dont look as tho theyre fighting for space

the stop/play/next/forward buttons could do with having more focus to them, given the size of the other buttons on the panel, the main cbuttons should be made bigger as these are the main buttons in usage
the top right buttons for closing etc look a little too dark

the lcd parts maybe have a reflection layer? to give the appearance of a more glassy look

perhaps also add that top metal bar (main panel) to the right hand side and then add the buttons on top of that, would lend itself to a little more variation on the colour themes
also the buttons (right hand side) could be reduced in size without any detremental effect
add a slight sheen to the top line of the player on top of that metal bar but blending into the highlight on the curve

just some ideas
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2004, 13:25   #42
Boricuaso

lol thanks for the reply, now thats a hell of a homework,
lets see how much i can fix without changing the desighn aspect" as if there was any" sounds cool.

yea i got 12 hours to kill at work i'll see what i can do.
Boricuaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2004, 22:43   #43
Boricuaso

update

the fixes that slob pointed out where fixed.
for the exeption of making buttons larger or smaller.
i just dont like little buttons.
i couldnt realy do much to change the size of the play,next and prev cuz of location and didnt want to move them from there.

but did my best on changing the rest and added some new stuff, pluss an attenuation button to get the volume down to a user set level, when pressed.

the new screens color is part of the change display modes.

EDIT: fell free to comment and point out something that looks wrong and needs fixing.

Last edited by Boricuaso; 14th May 2004 at 23:40.
Old 15th May 2004, 08:36   #44
WHEREamI
Major Dude

ooo, i'm starting to like this skin even more! looks much better with that texture on the black. not sure i like the new color scheme.. i'll assume that's part of the color themes though. (not sure what you mean by "part of the change display modes.")

my one suggestion: i think it would look better if all the lcd text was more of a very dark gray. it's a little too high contrast atm. on the buttons, the black is fine, though.

~WHEREamI
WHEREamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2004, 15:30   #45
Boricuaso

ill go ahead and try the dark gray for the text and things on the display, to see how it looks.
as of "the new screens color is part of the change display modes", its because some of the text on the other display the red one, has got inner shadows, i dont think that color themes can change from solid back to red with inner shadows and there are things this display dont have that the red display has so since color themes cant change those thing i have included a button to change thrue the diffrent display modes to match diffrent color themes or user preference.
hoppe fully i can make the display options as customiseble as a color theme but not sure about it, got to get a little more into the maki stuff.
Old 15th May 2004, 16:33   #46
vamitul

nice job. can't wait to see it working. one question: the tone button, wat does it do?
vamitul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2004, 16:50   #47
Boricuaso

ill post a screenshot in a few hours, the tone button opens a drawer, to show controls for lowering and rasing the bass and treble tones or lows and highs lol ,it also gives you the status of the low and highs in values of +20 thru -20 and also a grafh of the whole frec band for quick reference,
this is for those who dont like tweaking the eq too much this gives you acces to quick adjustments,
i use this the most.
Old 15th May 2004, 22:10   #48
Boricuaso

up date

im close to done "graphics only", atleast with the main mode, 2 more modes 2 go

i hope that by the time im done with all the graphics, my motivation for coding are still up.

lost of work but im very happy with the results

hope you all like the progres.
fell free to comment i need all the help i can get.
Old 15th May 2004, 22:52   #49
WHEREamI
Major Dude

that tone button is a cool idea!

i'm not sure about the EQ.. it' doesn't integrate into the main player that well (it looks too much like it's floating). perhaps extend the lcd all the way up to main player, and have the x-fade buttons cut into the lcd. you could also then make the "x time" text there part of the lcd.

one more thing: the red lights i think should be brighter. could also look good in blue (another option? ).
Old 15th May 2004, 23:20   #50
Boricuaso

yep, the tone controls comes in very handy,i use them in bettwen songs, quick and easy fix of sound.i like it better than sliders,buttons are more presice!.i use the lows and high controls on my cyl skin, have to script the midds.

thanks for the idea "whereami".
im going to try and see how it looks moving the eq up and kind of merging the xfade time button in to the lcd screen.
shouldnt be hard.

if i cant do it ill figure a way to fill the gap "i say more buttons hahaha "ooookay.

lets see what i can do.
Old 16th May 2004, 05:17   #51
sanosuke
Major Dude

Nice skin but i was thinking is there a way to toggle the vis and the equaliser? Then the ON, AUTO and PRESET buttons can be within the equaliser?

Big-assed signature deleted by errr.. whats his name again??
sanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2004, 06:04   #52
vamitul

here is a ideea, why don't u put the eq/vis in the main lcd. since u got that tone, u don't really need to use the eq too much, and if u r watching a cool vis or avs, u defenatly don't need the built in vis. plus, the skin is kind of large, so this way u save some space.
oh, and one more thing: the overlay for the lcd: too much contrast wich translate into poor visibiliti. try lowering it a little
Old 16th May 2004, 11:23   #53
Boricuaso

hum geting rid of that eq frame that took me so long to make , its going to be difficult.

i placed the eq in the main window and it does looks good, and the fact that you dont have to worry about the eq frame or drawers or all the buttons outside of the display, kind of fells like im cheting.

but i have always like the eq in a separate container.

im going to try a few diffrent things before i come to a conclution.

i tried to fix the glare or reflection or overlay "the glass on top of the display", but im preaty sucky at it, if any one have got a solid technic on doing this please share.lol

this is what i came up for the reflection.but not happy with it.

edit: just noticed by looking at the croped image,"it kind of looks real"
Old 16th May 2004, 15:49   #54
vamitul

arrrh... better, as u can see, the visibility of the lcd is much better. but it looks kind of wierd (like the glass is hard cutted). try this: blur the "glass", then use the levels command to get a attenuate display (the white line betwen the dark area of the glass and the "lighted" one is too strong and well defined)
oh, and about the eq: try something like this: add a button in the lcd (eq display) for "separate in its own window"

Last edited by vamitul; 16th May 2004 at 16:07.
Old 16th May 2004, 21:59   #55
VAG
Major Dude

Boricuaso, don't use Inner Glow on the reflection layer (use gradient from white to black, where black set opacity 0% )
As about those red highlights....hmmm I'm not sure if they fit ok there, try light blue or green to see how looks, I believe would be better, or even orange than this red.

Nice design, a bit big I think, but good work my friend.

LaterZzz
VAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2004, 23:55   #56
Boricuaso

thanks guys for helping out, i tryed all the tecknics concerning the glass for the lcd, but had no luck, for some reson the style of reflection im trying to use dont work,at least not me making it.

ill try the other fixes as soon as i get this glass thing deltwith properly
i added some depht to the display i think it helps the glass some.

here is a pic of how i got it."with the ughly glass" lol

if any one fells like helping on the glass and posting the stile or .psd for the glass, here is the lcd w/o glass to work on. thanks

i might endup using simple blending options
Old 17th May 2004, 16:54   #57
vamitul

here is your screen using my default glass "routines". feel free to modify it.
http://justitiarul.directnet.ro/screen.psd
Old 17th May 2004, 21:01   #58
SLoB
Major Dude

a quick few ideas in a few mins
thers 2 white highlights, one main one or try the other subtle one, alternate the top 2 layers (dont use both)
thers a couple of reflective layers there also, jus a quick idea as you would be looking at it so ther is a face reflecting back
http://www.slob.org.uk/wa5/teststuff/screen.psd
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2004, 21:37   #59
Boricuaso

thanks guys for taking the time to help me out
ill be taking a look at the .psd's im sure ill learn something from them and come up with something

thanks again. later
Old 19th May 2004, 00:55   #60
Boricuaso

thanks again vamitul and slob for the display help,they look very good,you guys sgot skills. i whent browsing thru the skins factory and i think i whant mine looking like the tara service manager or ForTheRecord, the none beveled look, heres the link for fortherecord.

http://www.theskinsfactory.com/skins...ortfolio&id=95

oh well, till then, i worked some on the eq, but i might off overcrouded the eq area, well like before comments are welcome,so please tell me what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: png screenshot13.png (94.1 KB, 210 views)
Old 19th May 2004, 07:47   #61
vamitul

It's looking great! the eq is now well integrated in the skin, and the flat diplay is looking quite good. try using a reflection map on it.
Old 22nd July 2004, 04:14   #62
WHEREamI
Major Dude

Boricuaso: Any progress on this skin? i was looking forward to seeing it completed.

~WHEREamI
Old 22nd July 2004, 13:37   #63
Boricuaso

@WHEREamI: hehe thanks for asking, the skin was still in progres,till a few days ago when i had a little issue with my laptop the only comp i have availible for graphics at the moment,and progress stoped, Velvet Sledge was doing the coding and that also whent to a complete halt.

i witch i could say when the progres will start back up.

but ill up date this forgoten thread,hehe with the first version,ones i get the first coded version of the skin.

later
Old 22nd July 2004, 14:46   #64
Velvet Sledge

ahhhh crap... i just wrote a really long reply in the "quick reply" box, then decided i'd attach the skin so far, so i copied my reply, but when i came here it was gone oh well, it's too late to re-type the reply, so let me just draw your attention to a few pointers

orb/display colours.

att button

prev/stop/next down buttons

ignore the display, i just threw those bits in to amuse myself, i couldn't handle using the skin with nothing moving...

oh and the two little buttons are for play.

crap.. the file it too big... i'll try and work something out, send it to you later, it's WAY past my bed time now... sorry...

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares... you a mile away, and you've got his shoes." - Billy Connelly

"And the lord said unto john, come forth and recieve eternal life, but john came fifth and won a toaster" - Someone else in the winamp forums

"There's nothing wrong with the voices in my head... except when they start singing "this is the song that doesn't end.... "" - Me
Velvet Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins