Old 24th January 2011, 01:27   #1
dgcurtis

winamp freezing when sc_trans uses metadata

I am running sc_serv and sc_trans on my linux Centos 5.5 server. I was using sc_serv 1.9.8 without any sort of problems.

I decided to try using sc_serv2. Since doing so, when I run winamp on my Windows workstation and connect to my server, winamp will freeze temporarily but it starts to play music immediately. After 20-60 seconds winamp becomes responsive. It will also freeze when the server changes to the next song.

I've tried this on two different clients and they both have the same issue. They are both running Windows 7

Here is my version info:

sc_serv: DNAS/posix(linux x86) v 0.2.0.0 b 0.0.13.0 (Jan 20 2011)
sc_trans: DNAS/posix(linux) v 0.2.0.0 b 0.0.40.0 (Dec 12 2010)

Winamp 5.601

Thanks
dgcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 02:19   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

do not use bento skin in winamp - seriously this is the answer

note: this bug was tracked down and fixed on the 7th January, but the fix is not in the release version of winamp yet, for some bizarre reason

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 09:08   #3
DrO

i probably wouldn't expect a publically fixed Winamp version for a few months (based on previous release schedules but that could be wrong). only thing i can think off is seeing if it's ok to release a patch with the fixed in_mp3 and skin file as an interim solution.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 09:56   #4
jaromanda
Forum King

5.601 came out very soon after 5.6 ... would think a stability patch would warrant a sooner rather than later patch release ... specially since it's stability with the latest DNAS ... don't want to turn people off shoutcast 2!!

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 10:19   #5
DrO

i'd happily roll out a new Winamp version to fix it but it's not that simple (especially with the 5 - 6 updates that were the 5.60x release).

however i'll check out doing a patch release of just the files which need to be changed (as would need to lock it down to just 5.60x and have it check for the proper skin folder location incase it has been moved from default so not as simple an installer as most of the patch installers done).

-daz
Old 24th January 2011, 15:20   #6
dgcurtis

Yeah, that was the issue. I can live with that. Too bad it's the default skin but at least the work around is easy enough.

Thanks!
dgcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 15:25   #7
DrO

aye, is an unfortunate issue that slipped through.

-daz
Old 25th January 2011, 21:38   #8
DrO

will be getting a patch installer done for this (have got auth to do it) so hopefully that will alleviate things in the interim.

-daz
Old 28th January 2011, 15:07   #9
DrO

http://download.nullsoft.com/shoutca...Stream_Fix.exe is what you need - will be sorting out a proper forum thread, etc about this shortly.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support