Old 21st October 2012, 17:37   #1121
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
Pizza and some Smirnoff while walking around 6th st in Austin. Does that count?

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 18:50   #1122
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujay View Post
You must have a ring piece made of steel Ted

UJ

Yes, but the flames don't do my office chair any good at all.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:40   #1123
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_rock923 View Post
Searching for a recipe for an office party this week, I found the following:

Source: http://www.fatgirltrappedinaskinnybo...ss-bundt-cake/

I usually cook an entree for these things, but I thought I'd try dessert this time around. Looks interesting!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 20:21   #1124
rockouthippie
Banned

I don't think chocolate cakes come out that great in ring pan. Red Velvet... angel food.. I think chocolate cakes kinda get a little burned on the outside and have kind of a bitter skin. A ring pan makes a lot of skin. I think it just kind of comes out dry.

I'd still eat it It looks good. But I usually make chocolate cake in my 1950's antique silica glass 10" square corning. It may not look like anything fancy, but it makes cake that is baked perfectly even. Yum!

I like raspberry frosting....
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 22:32   #1125
webthing
Forum King

Mmmmmmmm. More please.
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 21:35   #1126
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
originally posted by YouTube:
This video has been removed by the user.

Old 29th November 2012, 19:31   #1127
rockouthippie
Banned

^ Cheese and nachos.... Dinner tonight.... Carnitas is making the house smell good.

This is nuke food since I can get fresh tortilla chips from the mexican market. I just made up a few pounds of carnitas give or take about like this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-carnitas/

Carnitas is really good nuke food. It makes a good sandwich if you're lazy.

You take a plate with some refried beans about an inch thick, put shredded Panela cheese on top and and a little cheddar. Panela is good because it doesn't get runny or greasy. Frozen jalapeno slices have a freezer life of forever .... so.. You can use jarred salsa, but it needs fresh cilantro.

I get fresh tortillas fried this morning and usually they got a deal on pork shoulder at the Mexican market down the road here. It needs some hot sauce... Tapatio is the best one I think.

You can nuke the chips, but it's better if you put em in the oven for a little. I gotta have a little guacamole, even though I'm a little allergic to it.... Pop 2 benadryl before guacamole.

So you eat a bag of fresh chips with a plate of stuff. Pretty good eatin' Maybe it's just an excuse to eat sour cream OK... so it's better than the $8 burger at BK and cheaper too. And I didn't need to really cook.

Carnitas is cool because you can do Tex Mex like this stuff, burritos or Cuban Tacos or quesadillas ..... without really working... past putting a pork roast in a crock pot...

And it nukes perfect from frozen....
Old 29th November 2012, 22:22   #1128
webthing
Forum King

^ Like your recipe better.

Old 2nd December 2012, 13:28   #1129
webthing
Forum King

Best Milkshake Recipe EVER
Old 2nd December 2012, 15:04   #1130
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2012, 15:12   #1131
rockouthippie
Banned

That is good. I've done that.

My grandma used to run a soda fountain in the family grocery store, and the bullet ingredient in milk shake is... Corn syrup... put a glug in your milkshake.

And ice cream should be 0F or close...... The top of the fridge isn't cold enough for a judicious milkshake.

I bought one of these a few months ago.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/10-s.../40710546.html

It's a good ice cream tool. Couple whacks will go right through a half gallon block of ice cream. I guess you could just use a scoop

All milkshakes should be made with French vanilla ice cream or fortified with a cap of vanilla and the best milkshake, I think, is pineapple. Followed closely by frozen overripe banana.

I love milkshakes. Espresso ones are really good too. I usually make up a few shots and put them in an ice tray.

I need the calories sometimes and I gave up on calorie shakes. Eat a quart of ice cream. 1200 calories... no fuss... no muss....
Old 4th March 2013, 23:36   #1132
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db

Steak marinated in Soy Sauce for a day, it is currently being baked in the oven at 425.

The plan is to cook it then slice it into strips to be served beside a bed of rice and "oriental veggies"

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 23:40   #1133
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I love it when people post the actual picture of what they're eating. It gets me very hungry. I haven't marinated steaks in a long time. Perhaps that's a good idea, especially the part where you're saying to serve alongside rice and veggies. Nice.

My last noteworthy home-cooked meal was Chicken Divan that my mother-in-law made while visiting here. Looking at online recipes, it seems that she followed the recipe pretty closely to what the internet says to do.

Lately I haven't been eating much at home because I work so much. They've been feeding me there.

Old 5th March 2013, 00:27   #1134
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

This is my first home cooked meal in a while, most of my meals have consisted of microwavable products which is "cooked" at home but it's not the same thing.

I have to say that this is probably the best meal that I've ever cooked. It's feels very even if that makes sense. I don't get my usual "greasy" feeling after the other meals that I have prepared and shown on here.

I have to say it is nice to eat something more healthy for a change, but I will make my bacon beer roast again in a heart beat if I had the supplies for it.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 16th July 2013, 00:34   #1135
webthing
Forum King

Got my first bottle of Sriracha

How do you use yours?
Old 16th July 2013, 19:57   #1136
BobXFett

Send a message via AIM to BobXFett
pb&j =)

Simplicity in all things.
BobXFett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 02:42   #1137
webthing
Forum King

19 Gross Dessert Ideas To Make A Sick Halloween
Guaranteed to make you lose your sweet tooth. Some are not even in the spirit of Halloween.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/gr...sick-halloween
Old 28th September 2013, 09:48   #1138
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Quote:
Originally Posted by webthing View Post

How do you use yours?
Only correct answer;

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 15:27   #1139
webthing
Forum King

^I LOL'ed
Old 12th October 2013, 00:52   #1140
rockouthippie
Banned

I got some Kansas City ribs on sale at the store yesterday, so I just tossed 4 lbs of that in the crock pot this morning. It's all cooked down. BB is gonna get drippings on her dog food for a few days. Now I'm gonna take about a third a bottle of BBQ sauce, mix it in there and let it go for about another half hour. Mmmm... this beef is just fall apart goodness after cooking all day and I have some potato salad.

We're good.
Old 12th October 2013, 01:48   #1141
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4 Gogitta View Post
Only correct answer;

booo. sriracha used to be the knees of the bees. these days every instance, is almost all hot and ugliness. one note; it tastes like brown, grass and BROWN. in the day it was tangy, sweet, and hot. i blame masochists that either whined about its not being hot enough, or as the makers themselves, made it hotter. habeneros have that same tangyness but its not worth the pain. its not even that hot, they took away its flavor for nothing.

egg tacos and cooking with were once joys of mine with sriracha. the store near where i live sells a frozen pad thai that is rather ho hum, until sriracha and some other additions made it brilliant. its been too long.

Omit Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 00:38   #1142
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Lots of canning because I had a good amount of free time last weekend, and I very rarely have any kind of time on my hands other than work. I did this so that I can heat up a meal quickly and inexpensively so that I can continue working. Pressure canner (new "All American" brand on left, hot water boiler canner on right. Pickles and salsa were processed in hot water boiler, soup and chili were in pressure canner.

Here's the breakdown:

Pickles (dill); very zesty - full bulb of cleaned cloves per jar with a ton of dill seed, dill weed, pickling spice. Also vinegar, water, pickling salt, and a sliced up jalepeno per jar. And of course cucumbers; wouldn't be pickles without them. Canned in 32 oz. quart jars.

Chili; been making this for years. I used extra lean ground beef for the meat. Other ingredients are listed in other posts of mine. The list is very long and involves hours of chopping. Canned in 16 oz. pint jars and 12 oz. jars that are narrower and taller.

Ham/Bean/Bacon soup stuff... There's onions too. I've made this before but not with bacon. I'm glad I did the bacon, just cook it most of the way and let the canning process complete the job. 16 oz. pints.

Very hot salsa including chilies and habeneros, but diced finely enough to dilute and not to make you dislike it. The jalapenos are diced chunky though. Red, yellow, green, and orange bell pepper, tomato, Frank's, a pile of spices from the cabinet, tomato sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, onions, chopped fresh garlic, salt, probably other stuff, I don't remember...Canned in 32 oz. quart jars. There were several more of them but I gave some away.

All done safely as per USDA guidelines.

Old 13th October 2013, 01:29   #1143
rockouthippie
Banned

Pressure canner (new "All American" brand on left, hot water boiler canner on right.)

You can have my pressure cooker when you pry it from my burned, red fingers.

I make pickled cauliflower when it's in season. I get enough of a seal from just using boiling ingredients and putting the lid on it. Use double the vinegar in your pickling brine. Cauliflower, carrots, green peppers, 5 whole bay leaves, 6 allspice, red peppers, onions, a few cloves of garlic and a good slug of sliced jalapeno. Boil the brine. Toss the veggies in. Bring it back to boil. Put it in the jar with a canning lid on top. Wait a week or two in the fridge after it cools off. Good on salads. Hell..it is salad..

Usually a half gallon of this doesn't last me a week. I also like dilled beans. You can do cauliflower with a dilled bean recipe and it's real good too.

It's fall. I've got a yen for some squash... something.... hmm....

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/riso...0000000701075/

Not it, but close.
Old 27th October 2013, 06:04   #1144
slideyfoot

Curry, at RGA Bucks in Aylesbury while we were all watching UFC 166 (shame Rosi lost, but at least she lasted the full three rounds) on a big screen sat on the mats. No idea what was in it, as it was the usual meat in a yellow sauce. Not korma, but something similarly not very spicy.
slideyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 05:47   #1145
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Home made chicken wings with a slab of spiced pork, salad, and some sort of pasta. T'was delicious.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 30th October 2013, 18:23   #1146
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webthing View Post

How do you use yours?
I like it on eggs instead of salt and pepper. Not too much better than over-easy eggs, toast and some hot sauce IMHO.
Old 16th August 2014, 14:21   #1147
fc*uk

Black truffle mac and cheese

Quote:
Ingredients:
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
1/2 bay leaf
Pinch of grated nutmeg
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon black truffle oil
1/2 lb. macaroni shells or other shape
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups mixed grated hard cheeses such as aged cheddar, Gruyère and Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/2 cup heavy cream
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions:
Preheat an oven to 350°F. Butter a 10-inch square or similar baking dish, or 4 to 6 individual baking dishes.

To make the sauce, in a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, until the mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk, 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition until smooth. Return the pan to medium heat and whisk until the mixture comes to a boil. Add the onion, bay leaf and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl and cover to keep warm. You should have about 2 1/2 cups. Add black truffle oil.

Bring a large pot three-fourths full of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender but firm to the bite), according to the package instructions. Drain, transfer the pasta to a bowl and stir in the butter. Add the sauce, 1 cup of the cheese and the cream, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.

Pour the pasta into the prepared dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top. Bake until golden and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4 to 6.
Now… eat yer arm!
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 06:40   #1148
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Had me some Federal Pizza!

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:39   #1149
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Hamburger Helper!

lol

Not very characteristic of me, I know.

Old 12th September 2014, 01:08   #1150
webthing
Forum King

^ These Pickles (dill); very zesty look good!
Old 14th October 2014, 22:04   #1151
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Today we had potato dumplings and red cabbage.

I didn't eat potato dumplings for 22 years and Frank didn't eat them for 30 years.

Some dinner require more time expenses than other dinner, but we should do them again from time to time...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 02:39   #1152
webthing
Forum King

Texas Roadhouse Ribeye
http://www.texasroadhouse.com/menu/i...and-cut-steaks

Old 27th January 2016, 21:49   #1153
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

That looks nothing short of delicious. I'll order 2 please; one for me, and the other for my...
multiple personality disorder alter-ego.

Tonight was a bit creative. I had a lot of random basics at home but don't feel like anything normal and don't want to take a trip to the grocery store.

I cooked a pound of bacon. Stove-top pan-fry. Started with cold pans and laid the bacon out flat. Slow and low.

I also put 4 slices of bread with some shredded cheese on top into the toaster oven and hit the toast button.

Then I tossed two eggs into a small pan and scrambled with some home-made salsa (like the stuff in the 1142 post). I let it solidify like an omelet, but much thicker due to the tiny pan.

I took the stuff and made a pair of sandwiches layered as below:

bread top
melted cheese
bacon
egg/salsa omlette patty
bacon
melted cheese
bread bottom

They're pretty good. I gave leftovers of the ingredients (including an extra 5th piece of the cheese-toast) to my little girl and she liked it all. My wife just made some blueberry muffins (premix, egg, milk) and ate those, not wanting to be quite as adventurous.

Old 28th January 2016, 02:01   #1154
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Cheeseburger with pepperjack cheese and potato wedges.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 16:13   #1155
fc*uk

This: https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/corned-beef

warning 1: expensive cost of entry.

warning 2: requires lots of time (not your time, but time nonetheless)
Old 18th March 2016, 20:12   #1156
webthing
Forum King

^thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 06:39   #1157
BoomerBlammo

A big bowl of home made chili. Extremely spicy, just the way I like it.
BoomerBlammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 21:07   #1158
webthing
Forum King

An 'Added Sugar' Label Is On The Way For Packaged Food

May 20, 20161:19 PM ET

The new, redesigned "Nutrition Facts" label is coming. The Food and Drug Administration has announced that the new label will be required on most packaged food by July 2018.

The big change: The label will have a separate line showing how much sugar has been added to each food. The amount of "added sugar" will be expressed in grams and as a percentage of a "Daily Value" — an amount of sugar consumption that nutritionists think would be reasonable as part of a daily 2,000-calorie diet.

The label also will display calories per serving, and serving size, more prominently.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/...-food-near-you
Old 28th May 2016, 14:28   #1159
fc*uk

This thread need more food…

But first, where are my manners?

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities...cubano-at-home

warning 1: expensive cost of entry.
warning 2: requires lots of time (not your time, but time nonetheless).

I have a very unhealthy relationship with my sous vide in that it's the most used kitchen appliance I own any more.
Old 8th June 2016, 04:48   #1160
photon_man62

IKEA meatballs, mmm mmm!
photon_man62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions