Old 22nd January 2002, 16:42   #1
Veregon

Voice Activated Winamp Controller Released

Hi everyone, I've written a voice activated audio player controller for Windows entitled Voice MP3. It searches the specified directories for MP3 files (adding OGG and MPC in next update) and M3U files, and creates voice commands for them. You can then say the name of a song to have it begin playing in the selected audio player. Voice commands are also created for playback control and other functions. Anyone interested can go to the website for more information. Thanks in advance.

http://www.voicemp3.net
Veregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2002, 16:48   #2
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
cool! please tell me when you have updated for ogg
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2002, 17:39   #3
Veregon

Since a few people have asked about OGG and MPC I've uploaded a new upgrade which works with OGG and MPC files (as long as your player plays them). The upgrade is up on the website.

www.voicemp3.net
Old 22nd January 2002, 18:20   #4
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
w00t!
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2002, 18:27   #5
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by binary hero
w00t!
What the hell is that supposed to say, anyhow?

Cool idea on the voice-activated prog.

as he faced the sun, he cast no shadow
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2002, 18:29   #6
deathazre
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to deathazre Send a message via AIM to deathazre
think woohoo
deathazre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2002, 18:36   #7
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

Oh, OK. So it's not a corruption of an actual word then.

as he faced the sun, he cast no shadow
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2002, 22:16   #8
SNYder
Forum King

[edit]oops. i thought deathazren said "i think woohoo" which i took as "i think he meant woohoo". well... if he HAD said that, then my first to sentences of my bellow post would have made sence [/edit]

no. he meant to say w00t. the word IS actually w00t. aka woot. me and my friend invented the word just over 3 years ago. it atfirst didnt mean anything. we would just amuse ourselves by running around and saying it really fast.

sine my friend has been hanging out in IRC for a good 5 years, hes become part of many irc family's. not really thinking much about it, he began saying "woot!" in chat rooms. eventualy others started using it as a show of excitment. ofcourse, all the l33t haxors got theiclaws on it and exchenged the O's for 0's (zerro's). So now that all the 31337 members and op's of many popular irc room were using it, it became engraved in the language books of th l33t.

Ofcourse this whole prosses took almost year. It wasn't unil about a year ago that I realized how popular it had gotten, sine I was never deep into all that l33t life style that he was.

We still tink it's funny that our liitle inside joke became an internet wide used word.
SNYder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2002, 22:19   #9
insomniac
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to insomniac
Quote:
me and my friend invented the word just over 3 years ago.
wow! the sacred creator of the w00t! this calls for a w00t!
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2002, 22:23   #10
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/apparel/38e7.shtml

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2002, 22:38   #11
SNYder
Forum King

Quote:
w00t belongs to gamers the world over. It seems to have been derived from the obselete 'whoot' which essentially is another way to say 'hoot' which itself is a shout or derisive laugh. But others maintain that w00t is the sound several players make while jumping like bunnies in Quake III. Fiction or fact? You decide...
almost all correct. didn't derive at all from hoot or woot. but mabey others that were some of the erlier people to use it asumed assumed it did figuring it was being used also as a show of excitment. i realy dont know, thought. myths and twists do get spread pretty easily.

my friend is also a long time quake player too (prefers quake 1). and like i said, we would run around sayind it for no reason, so i supect he would do the same while playing quake. alot of his quake friends were also avid irc'ers and icq'ers, so, well u gt the idea.
Old 22nd January 2002, 22:42   #12
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by SNYder
[edit]me and my friend invented the word just over 3 years ago.
Err, you may have said it without ever hearing it before, but I heard the word "woot" when I was in Middle School. ~6 years ago.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2002, 22:47   #13
SNYder
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George

Err, you may have said it without ever hearing it before, but I heard the word "woot" when I was in Middle School. ~6 years ago.
sure u wernt saying whoot? doesnt realy matter though. not like we get a prize for starting it. as long as i get to keep saying the word, i'll be happy.

but, damn that'd be a freaky coincidence if you did say it 6 years ago.

Last edited by SNYder; 22nd January 2002 at 23:04.
Old 23rd January 2002, 02:17   #14
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
No Matter

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2002, 02:23   #15
KelseyB
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to KelseyB Send a message via AIM to KelseyB Send a message via Yahoo to KelseyB
KelseyB asks the room:

might i beg a "w00t w00t"?
KelseyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2002, 06:54   #16
mc^^^^
Forum King

Location: Perth, Australia MSN: mcbriar@ii.net Posts: All your posts are belong to me!!!!
i thought the idea of voice commands for WiMP where cool when first released, before the stupid thing kept reacting to the music it was playing!
It kept on replaying, stopping, skipping, changing artists. but most annoying, it muted every 10 seconds

mc^^^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2002, 07:47   #17
Khaine

Send a message via ICQ to Khaine
w00t, This sound sweeet

/me runs out to get a mike
Khaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2002, 15:43   #18
Veregon

Chromium, I have none of the problems you described, nor have any of the beta testers who tested the program for a month before I released it. I would suggest doing some of the voice training (check your speech control panel) so the computer can recognize your voice better and make sure your microphone isn't right next to your speakers and your expereince should be better.

Good luck, feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Old 27th January 2002, 10:07   #19
ClintJCL

I'm skeptical, but i'll give it a try.

Every voice-activated winamp control I've ever used has responded to the music and I've had to stop using it.

I must say I'm a bit skeptical about downloading this one. It's real annoyign to set up a mike and then have it not be worth the effort.

If it hasn't happened to you, maybe you don't listen to your music loudly, maybe you don't have a good mike, maybe your music sounds less like your voice than some people's music does, maybe you listen to a different kind of music that doesn't do it.

Since winamp is playing the audio and knows what the audio is, can't it simply subtract that waveform from the microphone input, and thus cancel any potential interference?

Does this one do that?

If not, can it?

Old 29th July 2002, 06:05   #20
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

winamp 3

does this work 4 winamp 3.
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News