Old 17th April 2004, 12:49   #1
MikeHunt79

Send a message via Yahoo to MikeHunt79
Shut down computer when shutting down winamp?

Just wondering if this is possible?

I know of a few plugins that shutdown winamp and the computer on a timer, but I need a plug-in or something like that that automatically shuts down the computer when winamp is manually shutdown.

Cheers

PS: I posted this same question in the tech support section a few days days ago and got no response at all... So I thought it might get a better result in this section. Mod's feel free to delete my tech support thread if u need to.
MikeHunt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2004, 14:35   #2
_-Psyquash-_

Why on earth would you want to do what?
_-Psyquash-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2004, 19:03   #3
JonnyMac

ShutItDown
-or-
Winamp Countdown

There may be more shutdown plug-ins, those are the only two that I am aware of.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2004, 19:45   #4
MikeHunt79

Quote:
Originally posted by _-Psyquash-_
Why on earth would you want to do what?
I'm using winamp in a computer in my car, so having it shutdown when winamp is shut would be good.

Thanx for the plug-in links JonnyMac, I reackon I might be able to do what I want with the "ShutItDown" plug-in... I'll have to adjust my winamp skin somewhat tho. I'll see if I can find a way to go to the last song using MAKI or something.
Old 17th April 2004, 20:08   #5
JonnyMac

Whoops, I misread your post and thought you wanted shutdown timer. I don't know if there is a plug-in that will do exactly as you asked. Have you tried a plug-in search with shutdown as a keyword?

If I come across something I will updated this thread.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2004, 20:47   #6
MikeHunt79

I've tried shut down and shutdown as keywords and found nothing but timers... Which is kind of but not quite what I'm after.
Old 18th April 2004, 21:56   #7
Alltaken

hmmmmm well i asume you are using a special button to do the shutting of winamp, or do you have a pointing device?

you see many keyboards have a "shutdown" key on them (like mine does) which will shut down your computer including the programs.

i have the timerestore plugin set up so that when i turn it on again winamp automatically starts up, hence i need no screen.

perhaps a hardware button could be introduced, one that goes straight to the "windows shutdown" function.

not the same thing as your desire, but it might help.

Alltaken
Alltaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2004, 23:55   #8
MikeHunt79

Quote:
Originally posted by Alltaken
hmmmmm well i asume you are using a special button to do the shutting of winamp, or do you have a pointing device?
Yep, my homemade WA skin has a very large shutdown button in it. I'm using a touchscreen as a pointing device.
Quote:
Originally posted by Alltaken you see many keyboards have a "shutdown" key on them (like mine does) which will shut down your computer including the programs.
Unfortunately, my setup has no keyboard, and I'd rather avoid installing one if i can.
Quote:
Originally posted by Alltaken i have the timerestore plugin set up so that when i turn it on again winamp automatically starts up, hence i need no screen.
I've simply put winamp in my startup group in my start menu, and it also starts up automatically on bootup. The resumer plug-in works nice'y tho, as it remembers the song position on startup.
Quote:
Originally posted by Alltaken
perhaps a hardware button could be introduced, one that goes straight to the "windows shutdown" function.
Again, I'll have a look into it... I'm really pushed for time at the moment tho, since I'm halfway thru my final year project at the moment (IE:this), so i just want to get it finished. Thanx for the ideas tho.

I've heard from somewhere you can mount a boot partition as read only, and if you do this, you can safely turn off the computer without having to shutdown first.
Old 19th April 2004, 02:14   #9
DrO

you may want to try this plugin Shutdown on Close v1.0

note: it will do as it says (no config options) - use at own risk

Quote:
I've simply put winamp in my startup group in my start menu
if it's my timerestore plugin then the option is in there to make winamp start with windows without having to put in a shortcut in the startup folder

enjoy (and drive safely )

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2004, 06:38   #10
WHEREamI
Major Dude

DrO strikes again!
WHEREamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2004, 13:20   #11
MikeHunt79

:bowsdown to DrO: Thank you so much. I'll be sure to drive safely. I've tested it, and it works a treat. This is exactly what i was after.

I'll check out your timerestore when I get time, it sounds good... I'm using the resumer plug-in at the moment, but i've found it to be pretty buggy.

When I get my project done, I'll have to resurrect my website to show winamp running in the car!
Old 5th March 2005, 14:36   #12
webshit

Thanks for the help.
Still. this isn't 100% what I need. is it posible to start winamp fullscreen. Sow you cant acces the start menu what sow evver? But you need to be able to use winamp full
webshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2005, 01:35   #13
shaneh
Major Dude

@webshit: You might like to take a look at mexp, it has a jukebox mode which tries to prevent people from accessing the desktop and the pc in general other than playing songs. Seems pretty configurable, but its not free.
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion