Old 24th August 2005, 13:18   #1
cdivizia

shuffle

When "Shuffle" is on, some songs in the playlist play twice before the playlist is over, even if "Repeat" is off. I read some posts in this forum saying it has been fixed but I have winamp v.5.04 and the bug is still here,
thanks
cdivizia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 13:58   #2
ujay
Forum King

You're misunderstanding the word 'Shuffle', this is not like a shuffle and deal in a game of cards, it's random picking.

The laws of chance can throw up some strange sounding results, for example, if you gather 23 people together then there is a 50% chance that two of them will have the same birthday, gather 60 together and it's almost 99%

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 15:04   #3
cdivizia

re: shuffle

of course, like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern in that wonderful Tom Stoppard's play: they spin a coin 89 times and always get "head".

"List of possible explanations:
One: I'm willing it. Inside where nothing shows, I'm the essence of a man spinning double-headed coins, and betting against himself in private atonement for an unremembered past.
Two: time has stopped dead, and a single experience of one coin being spun once has been repeated ninety times...
Three: divine intervention
Four: a spectacular vindication of the principle that each individual coin spun individually is as likely to come down heads as tails and therefore should cause no surprise that each individual time it does."

but in WinAmp there'd be an easier solutions: keep trace of songs already played, like almost all hardware cd-players do

c

Last edited by cdivizia; 24th August 2005 at 16:45.
Old 24th August 2005, 15:30   #4
ujay
Forum King

R & G are dead. The foot on the other hand ...

Probably has more to do with the fact that the core Winamp code was built in the days when data structures were optimised for speed above everything else, it's probably not too flexible.

You might like to comment further in the Wishlist, where this would be more appropriate.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 15:45   #5
cdivizia

ok, i will try in the wishlist, i'm new in this forum thanks for your help
c
Old 25th August 2005, 10:09   #6
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

heres a solution for you. add files to playlist. randomize playlist, hit play. dont have shuffle on. magic.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports