Old 25th September 2005, 16:33   #1
Say Bitter

No audio after intro clip.

I have parused these boards for the last 2 days. It has come to actually posting. I am not quite sure where the issue is, but here's the situation;

I used to run s ShoutCast station before I got the wireless router. Now I have the wireless router, and all my settings are fine (don't worry, I fixed the NAK error by searching the forums before...). My issue now is that certain programs connect to my station, can hear the "intro%d.mp3" clip, and then silence, while I (as well as a few other people) can get the audio right away.

Realplayer 10 seems to work, as well as some Winamp versions SOMETIMES work, and iTunes (which is crap anyways) won't work. Before I set up all the router stuff, ALL of those programs could tune in. This causes me to believe it's network thing I'm missing somewhere. Any ideas?

This is my station:
http://radio.my-wifi.info:8000

The my-wifi.info just forwards it to my IP. It has always worked in the past as well. Great program, by the way, found at http://www.ipupdater.com and very handy for ip forwarding.

Any help would be great, or if there IS a post about this somewhere on the forums, PLEASE direct me to it.

Adam
Say Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 16:58   #2
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

It worked for me with RealPlayer, but the audio level of the stream was way lower than the intro, so it appeared that nothing was playing.

The most important rule about the intro is not the bitrate, but the samplerate and channels -- the intro must match the stream in both -- ie: 22khz/44khz mono/stereo. matching the bitrate as well will make it perfect. Use the DSP list as a guide, it has all of the information you need.

I also think that when the DSP does stereo it is joint stereo, not dual channel stereo.

Last edited by djSpinnerCee; 25th September 2005 at 18:06.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 18:04   #3
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
1. As mentioned above make sure all files are of the same bitrate (normal is 44 Khz) and match stereo or mono settings.

2. Make sure all the files you are trying to play are .mp3 or .wav files. Windows Media (.wma) and other type files will not stream correctly.

3. Check the audio levels of the files.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 19:34   #4
Say Bitter

Okay... I've changed a few things up here, but it hasn't seemed to fix the issue.

My intro file is now this:

Sample Rate: 22.050KHz, Mono
Bitrate: 24000

Stream is this:

Encoder type: MP3 Encoder
Encoder settings: 24kbps, 22.050KHz, Mono

Also, ALL my files are mp3 format.
Old 25th September 2005, 19:55   #5
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

Make sure the volume is not the issue. I have no problem with the intro+stream at all.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 19:59   #6
Say Bitter

Huh... I haven't changed anything, and it seems to be working perfectly. Well I'll be....

Thanks very much for your help guys, you're awesome.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support