Old 3rd June 2012, 14:12   #3441
fc*uk

I was forced to learn Latin in school as well. What a worthless language.

I was told Latin would help you learn other languages. Bullshit. You know how hard it was for me to learn Spanish because of the damage Latin had done?
Old 3rd June 2012, 15:35   #3442
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

My father had also teached French and Latin (but I was at another school than my father).
At school we had to translate very much, mostly from Cicero, Seneca, Julius Caesar, Catull etc., very often with a historical background...
In a dying profession in Germany the people have to work with other old textes in Latin. The Latin of the churches and monasteries is very different from the Latin at the school, also my father had problems with that very different Latin, when he had helped me (he was already in retirement at that time)...
Although I cannot speak all the other languages, I can regognize similiar words and textes very often, and I can guess, what such a text means...
Old 6th June 2012, 05:33   #3443
rockouthippie
Banned

http://www.electrabike.com/Bikes/tow...l7d-bikes-mens

This looks like a classic bike, but has all the modern lightweight stuff. I put the stock rack on it too. I could haywire a rack on it, but the stock one is worth it. The seat is a brick, so I replaced it with this e-gel seat:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...FQkaQgodcW377Q

A headlight (the same one as my other bike):

http://www.target.com/p/bell-ipulse-...k/-/A-10998284

and a taillight:

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Night-Tra...8960636&sr=8-1

I managed to find this taillight on ebay by itself for $11. This headlight is junk. The taillight is really decent. If you drop the headlight in this kit, it will make pieces out of it.

The rest of the stuff, like saddlebags, it can just share with my other bike.

Now I have another bike to hurt me a different way. I ride at least 30 miles a week... that's old guy health and $40 a month I don't spend on gas.

Now if I don't get some exercise at least every other day, I hurt bad from getting tight. I'm a little scared for my friends who can't ride a bike 5 miles, do 20 pushups and 50 situps without dialing 911. Some of them are 30....

Hopefully, when I'm the age, I won't have to drive a battery cart and will be able to get out of bed.

40 to 50 taught me, use it or lose it.
Old 6th June 2012, 14:15   #3444
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
I've always liked the look of a classic bike, and the posture doesn't kill your neck. I've always bought mountain bikes, and they'd sometimes be hard on the neck. I bought an adjustable handlebar stem, but that only helps a little. Is this why you chose to buy a second bike, or is there another reason why you would prefer one over the other for a ride? Looks good.

Don't forget to live before you die.
Old 6th June 2012, 20:01   #3445
rockouthippie
Banned

This has what they call "flat footed" technology, so you're recumbent enough to put your feet flat on the ground and still get long enough reach on the pedals. It's not what you'd call a speed demon, but it's about the nicest bike I ever rode for farting around town.

>Is this why you chose to buy a second bike, or is there another reason why you would prefer one over the other for a ride?

I'll ride both bikes. I really like both bikes. But yeah, the 27 speed is a little hard on my hands, back and neck. If I don't ride it as much, I'm sure that will be ok. If I'm in a hurry, the 700c bike still comes out.

Here in Portland, we do something called "Zoobombing". You take the light rail up to the Zoo and "bomb" into town like a bat out of hell. The entire town is radically downhill from the zoo. You end up at the river, and you can catch the train back up.

It's a gas. Rebel old dude

When we get a little warmer weather around here, I'll probably give the Townie a couple runs. I know it's not gonna be at 50-60 mph like the Giant, but it ought to be fun. It's fun even if a guy obeys all traffic laws
Old 11th June 2012, 13:42   #3446
daveb10

I have serviced my Mercedes
Old 13th June 2012, 07:42   #3447
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
Rockout that looks like a fuck load of fun! Huh if my DUI wasn't keeping me out of the states I might have actually done that.

Few days ago I purchased my self a new bong... Still haven't named it.

This purchase might not be all that amazing for you other folk, but this is quite the thing for me. Last time I bought a bong it shattered in my hands and caused me all sorts of hand pain. I've stuck to wood pipes and joints ever since.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 13th June 2012, 08:00   #3448
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
well since mike posted his too, i just got this a week or two ago, it's kind of like an enclosed bubbler type of thing but it hits like a steamroller and hasn't leaked any water yet, loving it.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Old 13th June 2012, 08:03   #3449
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Wait it has a perc? That's awesome! How do you fill it with water? I've never heard of a water pipe... Though I guess with that you don't need to worry about loosing your filter.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 13th June 2012, 08:07   #3450
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

yeah it does, you can see the water in the mouthpiece end if you look, the perc is up inside near the head i think the flash has it hiding is all, you just pour a little bit in the carb and blow it through to fill the water and then dump the extra, i think it does need to be refilled every once in a while just cause of evaporation though.

Old 13th June 2012, 08:10   #3451
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

So how about cleaning? Just soak or do you actually try to work with salt and iso on that little thing?

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 13th June 2012, 08:13   #3452
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

cleaning?

nah, that's never been something i worried about twice, tried this stuff formula 420 which i'm pretty sure is just pre-mixed salt and isopropyl and it left so much sediment in the bong it fucking ruined it, never bothered cleaning again since, at any rate with pipes it's a non issue, if you resinate it closed just poke a hole for air and dry hit it will clean anything.

Old 13th June 2012, 08:56   #3453
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Formula 420? Never heard of it, I use rock salt and 99% Iso Propyl.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 13th June 2012, 10:47   #3454
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

like i said i'm pretty sure that's exactly what it was and it left such noticeable deposits that i regretted even considering it.

Old 13th June 2012, 11:33   #3455
rockouthippie
Banned

Here's one I ran across:

Leno is getting sued because he used some wikipedia clipart:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/jay-...t-romney-joke/

Uh... guys... it's a picture of a shiny gold building. It could be any shiny gold building.

What's a Sihk? Damn. I always like to know who I'm bigoted against. There must be a bunch of em' too. They got a hell of a big shiny gold building. They call it the Harmandir Sahib.... The Abode of God... It's been there 600 years.

Something like that shouldn't piss ya off.

"Realization of Truth is higher than all else. Higher still is truthful living"

I guess that's the Sihk philosophy... and you were watching Leno?
Old 13th June 2012, 13:07   #3456
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

people with an agenda to feed being overly anxious to lawyer up, that's notable now? wow.

Old 16th June 2012, 06:10   #3457
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

technically, i can't say i paid for it, but on the other hand i am gonna be the one cooking with it, only other person in the house constantly confuses cooking with incinerating and the old one we have is so ancient and useless, it was really a guessing game which part of the cooking surface of the old one would cook at a temperature you had a use for, the rear was extremely hot, the front much cooler, the sides were kinda just a no man's land of who knows what's gonna happen.

Old 16th June 2012, 11:12   #3458
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
Here's one I ran across:

Leno is getting sued because he used some wikipedia clipart:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/jay-...t-romney-joke/

Uh... guys... it's a picture of a shiny gold building. It could be any shiny gold building.

What's a Sihk? Damn. I always like to know who I'm bigoted against. There must be a bunch of em' too. They got a hell of a big shiny gold building. They call it the Harmandir Sahib.... The Abode of God... It's been there 600 years.
I've been here - it's in Amritsar, northern India. People will queue for the entire day to enter the temple and pray. So no, to religious Indians at least, it's not just any shiny gold building.

Like my photography? Buy some here....
Old 17th June 2012, 11:53   #3459
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too-DAMN-Much View Post
well since mike posted his too, i just got this a week or two ago, it's kind of like an enclosed bubbler type of thing but it hits like a steamroller and hasn't leaked any water yet, loving it.

Old 17th June 2012, 15:34   #3460
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

nope, that's why you buy a 5 pack of lighters.

Old 17th June 2012, 20:01   #3461
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

That happened to me once, so I used a propane torch.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 18th June 2012, 00:11   #3462
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ahehehehheheheh... I smoke and my lighter went, so I lite a candle for an evening and just sparked off of that ...I have used a stove...*groan*
Old 18th June 2012, 04:02   #3463
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

well for cigs this is all i'll ever need.
hell of a good thing to pack for camping too, just pack the extra fluid as well and don't fill it to full.

Old 18th June 2012, 09:26   #3464
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^That a Zippo? Prrrrrrrrrrr
Old 18th June 2012, 18:41   #3465
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Yea I still have mine, great things to have.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 19th June 2012, 00:00   #3466
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdykats View Post
^That a Zippo? Prrrrrrrrrrr
yeah, it's actually one of the more spendy thick walled armor ones too, it's supposed to mean it doesn't let the fuel evaporate but it doesn't really work out that way, either way i like it more than my old ones still cause it has a nice heft to it and the design is simple yet very good looking.

Old 20th June 2012, 13:02   #3467
ujay
Forum King

http://www.designspark.com/theme/raspberrypi

And I swore I'd never start coding again

UJ
Old 21st June 2012, 04:49   #3468
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I've been here - it's in Amritsar, northern India. People will queue for the entire day to enter the temple and pray. So no, to religious Indians at least, it's not just any shiny gold building.
If I was going to be offended by something like this, I'd need someone trying to offend me. We all do something stupid sometimes, we all say something stupid sometimes.

I'd sure like a world where we could just have .... no dent no foul....

Maybe these Indians should pray for a sense of humor. I'm tired of reverse racism... we evil, nasty, white American people who think everyone is inferior.

It's bullshit. We don't care enough to be racist. At least I don't. I have other things to do beside oppress someone.

If I'm going to look at bigotry, it's Indians expecting me to be bigoted, therefore being bigots themselves.

I'm tired of shaking hands with people and having them inspect me for any possible slight I might inadvertently make. This passive aggressive crap really pisses me off.

Frankly, I'm pretty color blind. I'm decent to everyone. If I put my foot in it, I'm sorry, but it doesn't need a federal case.

Has being thin skinned become a virtue? Aw... poor victim... someone put your church on TV as an example of wealth. Maybe if you didn't have a gold plated church, you might not be interesting clip art.

I actually had an Iraqi neighbor that got all pissed because I offered him a hot dog. No... it wasn't pork. It was a kosher beef hot dog. That seemed even worse. As far as I know, Islam doesn't mind a kosher hot dog, except maybe that it's kosher, which is the same damn way Islam says to handle food.

Despite liberals... really... no one is out to offend or hurt anybody. I don't have time. And I'm tired of having my motives questioned.

A silly friend of mine asked about a bindi on a guy that's working at the service station. That seemed to be an offense too. No harm was intended, just curiosity. I explained it.

I enjoy the hell out of the diversity of my little town. The food. People with a different way of looking at things. This is spice of life. But damn. If were were trying to offend you, we'd do a better job.

My shoes go on one at a time like anyone else. It's not like you wouldn't find Christians figuring out how to find offense at any inadvertent slight either. Or liberals.. or atheists.

I think most people are cool. Near East people have this martial thing going that I do deal with, but it sure as hell isn't easy. Infidel that I am.

I'm probably more educated on the customs of people and their religions than most Americans. But none of it......... was supposed to make you mean... You weren't supposed to look for slight. Overwhelmingly no one intended it.

If I step on your foot, that's oops. If I stomped on your foot, you'd know it.

Occasionally, I've had to deal with some Gandhi-esque Indians wearing home spun. I mean wow... these folks are ripe. Is a bath against the 10 commandments or something?

If my eyes water, am I being a bigot? They probably think... what a smelly bastard I am for wearing old spice. But cmon' nobody means any harm.

Most people are decent. Look for that, not a slight.

I had a black guy tell me once. "I'd hate to be a black guy getting pulled over by these white bread cops you got here".

I assured him that they were equal opportunity assholes, and the since neither of us was blue............

I read "The New Jim Crow"

http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Crow-M.../dp/1595586431

What a ding dong. You could frame the "war on the poor" as that instead of getting out the color chart.

Man. I got the same trouble as anyone else. My shoes go on one at a time like anyone else. I'm sick of people telling me life is so much more miserable because they have a permanent sun tan. Tell me a story. I'll tell you mine. It's the same story.

My ancestors were slaved, murdered, tortured and starved too. Because I am a little light on the paint chart, I must have led a charmed life.

Reading Michelle Obama's thesis about how she felt out of place at Princeton. Oh brother. Any normal person would feel out of place at Princeton. It wasn't because you were black honey.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon". If Obama had a son that got suspended from school for drugs, he'd be grounded until he was 40. Suspended from school? I wouldn't have been watching football, or going out to get some Sweet-tarts. I probably would have been trying to sit down comfortably after my dad striped my ass with a belt.

Get a clue. When your kids get suspended, they need supervision. Schools don't do that lightly.

I was always taught and taught.... the teacher is always right, even if they're not. I'm the parent. I'll yell at the dumb bunny.

I just go through my life trying to be a very friendly man who would give anyone in trouble the shirt off my back. People know this if they get to know me. The Lord gave me 10 commandments and my dad only gave me 3.

Don't lie.
Don't steal.
Don't be mean.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 21st June 2012 at 06:00.
Old 27th June 2012, 03:39   #3469
fc*uk

washer/dryer, sofa, chairs, patio furniture, prescription glasses/sunglasses, replacement plate for the one that broke, replacement quick connect part for a kitchen faucet, a/c compressor.

I think that puts me sufficiently under water for the weekend.
Old 10th July 2012, 12:21   #3470
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

I learned that swag is for boys, and that class is for men... So I bought a suit!

All this for about $120 CAD.

I was in the middle of telling the dog that I was feeling very mobster and that I will kick her... Just had it dry cleaned!

It's for a wedding, fedora optional pinstripes don't even match the ones on the suit. Oh well.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 10th July 2012, 12:51   #3471
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

not a bad look actually mike.

Old 10th July 2012, 12:57   #3472
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

I'm just glad I got it for so damn cheap. The suit itself (jacket and pants) were $22 after taxes.. Found it at a store called "Value Village" the rest I bought from wal-mart. :P

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 10th July 2012, 13:35   #3473
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

it's a nice zoot suit!

Old 10th July 2012, 22:42   #3474
rockouthippie
Banned

http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Blass-Bla...bill+blass+tie

You need a red tie. Just trust me. People like red. Selling something? Trying to get some booty... Red every time. If you are really suntan or dark completed you can also use yellow. But not if you're Casper. Yellow will make you look jaundice.
Old 12th July 2012, 05:49   #3475
nathan17
Banned

the last thing i bought was HTC phone from Lazada that i gave to my mom as a birthday present for her and she loves using it
Old 13th July 2012, 16:25   #3476
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-db View Post
I learned that swag is for boys, and that class is for men... So I bought a suit!

All this for about $120 CAD.

I was in the middle of telling the dog that I was feeling very mobster and that I will kick her... Just had it dry cleaned!

It's for a wedding, fedora optional pinstripes don't even match the ones on the suit. Oh well.
Very Matt Bomer -White Collar (Love the Fedora)
Old 30th August 2012, 05:50   #3477
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Thanks widdy, wedding went well. Rocked the fedora of course the whole damned night...

Also, my downstem broke. I am now bongless again.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 20th September 2012, 19:43   #3478
Jedi Gemstone
Major Dudette

The most interesting things I brought recently, was stuff for dressing up as Misty from Pokemon Red Braces yay!!!

I also got a nice necklace the other day, a tree pendant with a feather and bird on it... it reminded me of the Selsneya symbol from Magic the Gathering....

Hopefully I'll be buying a new ocarina soon as well

My Website
Deviantartness Yay
This signature was brought to you by the colour Red and the number 14
I'm A Purple Ghetto, So Follow Me To Sanity!! *Runs Off* I Have No Idea Where I'm Going......
Old 20th September 2012, 20:00   #3479
sgtfuzzbubble011

http://usa.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/PB238Q/

A pair of these to replace my 20" HP monitors. They should be arriving this afternoon.
Old 21st September 2012, 08:22   #3480
SeattleJeremy

I recently picked up a Galaxy S3, that thing is bad ass.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions