Old 30th August 2007, 16:34   #1
Grahamdubya

Send a message via AIM to Grahamdubya
Crashes on Startup

OK, so out of the blue, every time I try to run winamp (5.35), it crashes, and the windows error reporting comes up. It's been working fine for months.

The only change I've made recently was the addition of a Behringer BCD3000, which is a DJ interface that also acts as a soundcard. That was several days ago, though, and it's been running fine ever since I set Winamp to "default audio device" and set the windows device as the bcd3000.

Basically, half the playlist window comes up, and the the whole thing shuts down. Should I just reinstall?
Grahamdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 16:47   #2
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

at a guess i'd say your drivers are buggy(and or you have a plugin which doesn't want to work with your new soundcard)

so I suggest

update your drivers to latest versions.

and perform a clean reinstall of winamp
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....d=161361#clean
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 17:04   #3
Grahamdubya

Send a message via AIM to Grahamdubya
OK, I guess I'll try the reinstall. It seems weird, though, that it would stop working after it had been working flawlessly. Oh well.
Grahamdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 17:56   #4
yonderboi

Yo. Same problem

Same exact thing happening to me since I install the #1 rated "WINAMP ESSENTIALS PACKAGE"

So lame. I'm doing a clean reinstall now too.

Rocker: Is there a fix/patch/workaround for this? This is the third time I've had to reinstall for the same reason since upgrading to 5.35!!

My hardware is four year old IBM T42 thinkpad runs windows XP. Been using winamp flawlessly for many many years, now with 5.35 and it goes KaBLEWy.
yonderboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 16:15   #5
ellomdian

I've had the same issue. The player boots up, but before the media library or playlist pop up, it crashes. I haven't had a system change (it's a laptop, so no new hardware, and I haven't installed new software.) Started with 5.35. And before you ask, a fresh install fixes it. I'm just tired of fresh installing once a week - winamp has always been so much better than that....

I usually play my music through a mapped drive on a remote computer. I use a wireless connection to connect to the network, and I wonder what happens when winamp suddenly loses connection to files (ie, I walk out of the house with my laptop.)

Here's a copy of the log, let me know if you need anything else.

WindowsXP Home, Service Pack 2
Intel Celeron 2.4ghz, 512 MB RAM
Toshiba Satellite Laptop, SoundMax integrated audio.

Faulting application winamp.exe, version 5.3.5.1305, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000106c3.
ellomdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support