Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 22nd June 2013, 11:12   #441
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
embedding of artwork before doing things with the Cloud shouldn't be needed in a later iteration of things.
Excellent news... especially as The Cloud is limited on space. I've always preferred the "one image per folder" method as it is cheaper on disk space.

Still waiting and watching The Cloud from the wings though while the Facebook crowd are used as test dummies. Meaning it will be nice and tested by the time us non-Facebookers are allowed in.
Old 22nd June 2013, 11:15   #442
DrO

yeah we know it needs to support more auth methods (as you do keep bringing up) but is a matter of time and priorities and sadly FB logins are common so it's not really hindering things to my knowledge (and really is an area for other people to comment / clarify).
Old 22nd June 2013, 11:25   #443
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
yeah we know it needs to support more auth methods (as you do keep bringing up) but is a matter of time and priorities and sadly FB logins are common so it's not really hindering things to my knowledge (and really is an area for other people to comment / clarify).
I don't want to sound like a boring record. I am MORE than happy to wait. While also being keen to join the party.

I promise to never mention it again. Just it is funny to me seeing this toy waved in front of me I can't have yet...
Old 22nd June 2013, 11:36   #444
DrO

i know why you mention it, but until things are implemented (as will happen), re-mentioning it doesn't really mean anything is going to change any sooner than otherwise would (since it's already on the roadmap).
Old 22nd June 2013, 12:32   #445
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
Egg,

I followed these directions precisely, and everything is the same, meaning I have the same problems, and the 3 items I previously had uploaded are STILL there. it feels as if nothing happened, but something seemed to be happening, as it took a while to finish.

so, i'm at a loss, what do you suggest?
Hi Egg,

since the focus is back to the cloud, i'd like to ask if you have any idea about what I should do next?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 22nd June 2013, 19:41   #446
EmersonAlmeida

Send a message via ICQ to EmersonAlmeida Send a message via AIM to EmersonAlmeida Send a message via Yahoo to EmersonAlmeida
Hi. Is there any intention to manage devices on Winamp Cloud, like add/remove device?
My computer has three instances of the same device, in function of previous Windows installations and it reflects to other devices.

TKS!
Old 22nd June 2013, 20:48   #447
DrO

the remove action was disabled until we've made some changes to the client so it'll handle things correctly. it will be coming back, it just slipped down the list of things to do with everything involved with getting 5.64 done.
Old 24th June 2013, 13:43   #448
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Small Issue with 3417
In the Playlists view, there are three headers
Playlist Title, Items and Time.
I cannot seem to move the Items header left or right. I can move the time header. I guess in theory, the Playlist Title header cannot be resized.

Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 14:35   #449
DrO

the columns aren't really meant to be re-sized (though should be able to depending on what one is clicked) as it's designed to replicate the style of the main playlist editor window.

it might be the zero-width cloud icon header is causing issues again, but it might be that i just disable the column sizing in general (as someone else flagged this up recently) since unless the playlist views allowed column sorting (which they don't) then a disabled header is better (but will see if i can replicate it still with the current implementation).
Old 27th June 2013, 21:49   #450
rwadecole

Syncs Successfully with Android!

Nice Work! Winamp 5.6.x was crashing when I tried to sync with my Anrdoid Moto RAZR via USB. Version 5.7 works!
Old 27th June 2013, 22:49   #451
DrO

that's good that it's no longer crashing, though am surprised at the 5.6.x reference unless you'd skipped over the 5.64 release (which is the same as the current 5.7 build less Cloud functionality).
Old 28th June 2013, 15:13   #452
me1900

USB Memory

this issue also happens with USB thumb drives I have a 16gb solely used for music. All my music is on it, never do I keep music on a hdd. I tried to add usb stored music to winamp library but gues what? It crashes to desktop on build 5.64
Old 28th June 2013, 15:37   #453
DrO

we need more information than i.e. http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins as 5.64 and 5.7 are currently the same thing with the builds available, though that will change with the next 5.7 build in a few days.

when it crashes. does it generate a crash report when the crash happens (when using the 5.7 beta) ?

how _exactly_ are you adding files from the USB device to Winamp ?

(i'll likely split this out to it's own thread assuming there's a response back to my questions)
Old 2nd July 2013, 08:38   #454
PlusMinus

Equalizer

Hey, don't know if this has been reported yet. Weirdest thing happens. For some time now, when I started Winamp 5.7 I've been seeing an unskinned equalizer (unskinned = Winamp Classic, skinned = Bento). At first the equalizer dissapeared one Winamp was fully started but now it stays open. Unclosable.

Any ideas?
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:36   #455
DrO

are you using the latest beta? as we had fixed what you describe one or two builds back. if not select the classic skin, hide the eq window and then go back to Bento
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:49   #456
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Update on my Duplicating Podcast Downloads folders I spotted a few posts back ( http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=397 )

Further to my comments before about how I am getting two downloads folders. I was looking at them this morning and see that they are different layouts.

Both are under the Subscriptions section.

The first one has column headers: Title, Status, Download Date, Source, Download Location
Yet the second one has column headers: Podcast, Episode, Progress, Path

I then close and re-open Winamp and I loose that second copy with the Podcast, Episode, Progress, Path titles.

Not yet see what causes it to appear. Maybe it is when a new podcast is available to download? I'll watch out for that.
Old 2nd July 2013, 10:13   #457
DrO

one is the old view from ml_wire and the other is the more general one from ml_downloads (which is the preferred but the old way is still present when ml_downloads is not installed). it's a timing issue with the checks being made by the ml_wire plug-in as to whether it should or should not show it's own version (which should not be an issue with how we force the loading order of some of the plug-ins but still seems to be the case in some setups i.e. like yours). i've made some changes for the next beta build which should be more reliable in not adding the ml_wire version of the downloads node.
Old 2nd July 2013, 10:15   #458
PlusMinus

Yeah that worked. Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 10:18   #459
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

@DrO: re Downloads. Glad I am not just seeing things.
Old 2nd July 2013, 10:24   #460
DrO

PlusMinus: updating the beta installed or disabling the eq window under a classic skin?
Old 3rd July 2013, 15:53   #461
PlusMinus

Switching to classic skin an disabling the eq manually.
Old 12th July 2013, 03:32   #462
Juanus
Major Dude

I am not sure how to explain this, so I hope this makes sense.

When I enqueue something from the Downloads section to the playlist, The playlist shows a reported time of 0:00. However the file plays just fine and once I play the file, the time is reported correctly. The rest of the metadata seems to go over to the playlist.
In the preferences, Under Titles I have selected "Read Metadata when files are loaded into Winamp"
And I currently have the downloads folder under the Podcast Directory. However, this same behavior happens whether placed under the downloads directory or not.
Old 12th July 2013, 10:04   #463
DrO

is a known issue which is fixed internally. changing the title reading options to the bottom one (which is the default on new installs now) on the titles preferences page.will resolve the 0:00 display issue (was down to a cloud related tweak to playlist loading so we could set a title without a time more reliably for cloud items).
Old 12th July 2013, 13:39   #464
Juanus
Major Dude

Also happens when you choose Enqueue in Winamp from the Folder Context Menu. But It sounds like you have it handled already.
Thanks for being awesome!
Old 12th July 2013, 13:51   #465
DrO

awesome enough to break things, heh. yeah it relates to any adding of items into the playlist if Winamp isn't set to read titles in all cases / in the background on loading (hence it's best to change the option on the titles page to the new default if you're seeing the issue in this build).
Old 19th July 2013, 00:36   #466
Stilez

Bug/issue in 3417:

I have a large media library backed up (iTunes xml), so after a reinstall (Win7 x64 clean install) I loaded up Winamp and kept getting appcrash fail during the import. No idea why, hadnt had them before. But I tried 3417 based on changelog hints that ml import had had attention. It worked - something's been fixed, thanks!! - but there's a bug or issue remaining.

I set Winamp to read metadata when files are loaded into ml, and imported a 20k ml xml backup. After a while, WIndows reported that Winamp wasn't responding, click to restart or close, etc. But the small ml import window was still working. so I let it continue. It seemed to stop about 90% of the way, so I clicked "close" and ran it again, same happened but this time while winamp faded to white UI and WIndows poipped up "not responding", the ml dialog continued to the end, at which point Winamp became "normal" and responsive again.

Reading between the lines, when a ml import is in progress, winamp itself isn't letting Windows know it's still working, and eventually WIndows thinks it's frozen. Might be worth adding a "keep alive" response to WInamp.exe, while it's waiting for potentially long import (and presumably export/backup/file system or other) activity to complete, so the OS doesn't mistakenly think it's frozen while it's working.
Old 19th July 2013, 00:46   #467
DrO

the crash on import is something specific to v5.64 and missing tags in files which the v5.7 beta doesn't have (due to it being a bit older than v5.64).

the locking of the ui is known about but isn't a trivial fix due to how things work currently. am hoping to do something about that at some point since it's not good for large imports (though the dialog should be preventing the UI from locking so might be something else messing up).
Old 19th July 2013, 02:23   #468
clooz

froze when I hooked up my iPod and clicked on Autofill
Old 19th July 2013, 02:41   #469
DrO

seriously, is that all you're going to provide and then expect a solution for it...?
Old 20th July 2013, 00:16   #470
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Build 3434 now available :-)
Build 3435 now available :-)

Download link is in first post.
Winamp Labs page will be updated asap...

[edit]
3434 was found to have an issue with skin loading and has since been pulled. build 3435 or later is recommended to be used instead.
Old 20th July 2013, 00:21   #471
DrO

and please consider this as a release candidate for v5.65 (just with the cloud parts). main thing is that this should be a lot better behaved on large library imports (as well as imports with badly tagged files which is what was leading to the v5.64 import crashes for some).
Old 20th July 2013, 00:25   #472
djpete
Major Dude

sorry for my ignorance. does this mean that 5.64 has also been updated?

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 20th July 2013, 00:31   #473
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

A 5.65 is planned (it's done when it's done), but this current 5.7 Beta is the same, like 5.65 will be, except of the Cloud features, like DrO said.

5.64 was the same like the older 5.7 Beta version too, except of the Cloud stuff.
Old 20th July 2013, 00:32   #474
DrO

nope. though you could say v5.64 will be updated as we'll be releasing v5.65 early next week. if it wasn't for the library import issues, we'd just be sticking with v5.7 beta builds, but alas we need to have a v5.65 out to indicate fixes over v5.64 (which should address most of the import issues from prior 5.x releases as well).

[edit]
daymn, got beaten to the post by koopa

[edit 2]
before i forget, there will be an updated Essentials Pack which has a minor Album Art plug-in update to resolve a weird closing error issue as well as bringing it up to the v5.64+ plug-in specification.
Old 20th July 2013, 01:17   #475
djpete
Major Dude

thanks guys. I get it now

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 20th July 2013, 01:39   #476
circcc

old skin is not working with beta11.
beta10 don't have this problem.
please test it with attached skin.
Attached Files
File Type: wsz POD.wsz (28.4 KB, 112 views)
Old 20th July 2013, 01:59   #477
DrO

thanks for reporting, the next build will fix the issue (and that'll teach me to not check classic skins work though am surprised it slipped through the internal beta testers).

[edit]
no one should attempt to download build 3434 and we're attempting to get it removed from the servers. this will be replaced with build 3435 once it completes being built.

[edit 2]
build 3435 is now up, skin loading should be working correctly on all types, sorry
Old 21st July 2013, 02:12   #478
brianxavier

I noticed this after reinstalling Windows, the setting to enter your Pro registration is missing from the Winamp Preferences list. When I try to go there by another means, it just throws me to General Preferences.

This was noticed with the 5.7 beta build 3417. I'm thinking I will have to install the offical released version then upgrade back up to 5.7.

Given Pro was disabled in the beta for some reason...

Thanks for the Winamp!
Old 21st July 2013, 10:56   #479
DrO

pro details can still be entered with these beta builds. and if it's not showing then most likely you installed the Lite'N Winamp Preferences plugin (gen_nopro.dll) from the Essentials Pack which can hide it if already enabled. as the main right click menu should mention pro at the top if enabled.

as we just provide one installer for the beta but that doesn't remove pro functionality.
Old 21st July 2013, 20:40   #480
dynamicradio

Just downloaded the latest beta and so glad to see that straight away suddenly the sync setting started working again although going to see if it works in a day or so as i've had it working before to only randomly stop working a few days later. But it's looking good so fingers crossed.

Just out of curiosity, what was the bug preventing it from working sometimes?
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion