Old 14th October 2013, 00:50   #1
Thommy-L

Transfer to Portable (Android) with <disc> number

I'm trying to sync selected songs with transcoding from flac format to an android at version 2.3.3.

I need to put the disk number into the file name.

When I interface my android to my car radio üer USB, the car radio reads the android and allows me to play either play-lists or the content of a directory.

If I play a directory containing an album with multiple disc's I need the disc number in the name so that the car radio plays them in the correct order.

In "Winamp Preferences => Media Library => Portables => [My android device] => Advanced" I can set the "File Name Format", which includes directories. I am currently using:
I:\Music\<Albumartist>\<Album>\## - <Title> - <Artist>

but I would like to use:
I:\Music\<Albumartist>\<Album>\<disc> ## - <Title> - <Artist>

The <disc> tag I saw in "Winamp Preferences => Media Library => CD Ripping" => Output File Settings => Specify the naming convention for ripped tracks", as the "Format Help" for "File Name Format" doesn't list anything that might be understood as the disc number.

I tried the File Name Format with the <disc> tag, but transfers simply fail when it is included.

Is there anyway I can get Winamp to put the disc number into the file name?
Thommy-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 01:06   #2
DrO

an info report is needed -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins (especially as your last set of posts stated you were using v5.63 and we're on v5.65 currently).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 05:36   #3
Thommy-L

ummmm, I didn't realize that I'm downlevel

I'll upgrade asap and try again
Old 14th October 2013, 10:02   #4
DrO

it had been said you were behind with the replies you got to your previous post which never got a reply from a few months back. plus the first sticky thread always shows what the current release is...
Old 14th October 2013, 17:48   #5
Thommy-L

Ah, yes, sorry about that; guilty as charged

I've updated to 5.65 and tried using <disc>, <Disc>, <disk> and <Disk>, with no difference. Every song that is to be copied or transposed still gets the "Transfer failed" message.
Old 14th October 2013, 17:50   #6
DrO

still need an info tool report (use the latest one from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=328932) and will then go from there. also could do with a screenshot of the alt+3 dialog for one of the files you're trying to transfer (to see how the tag information is being specified - unless you've a small example file you'd prefer to upload which might be easier anyway to test against).
Old 14th October 2013, 19:37   #7
Thommy-L

I think I'm getting old Full report now attached.

This is an example of songs that don't work. Actually no songs can be transferred with the <Disc> tag in place, but this is one where it counts.

After looking at that I thought it might be an issue with the disc number being "1/2" and not just a number. So I changed it to "1" and tried again, but with the same results, "Transfer failed".

If I leave the <Disc> tag out of the "File Name Format" the transfer works, so it shouldn't be an issue with transposing the file to mp3 to transfer it --most of the files I'm transferring are in .flac format.

Edit: PS I'd gladly put the file up somewhere, but as I said it's in flac format and is about 50mb in size.

Edit2: Okay, I've figured out a way. See if you can download from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw6i5j28eb...alifornia.flac
Attached Files
File Type: txt Winamp_Info_Report_14.10.2013.txt (25.1 KB, 94 views)
Old 14th October 2013, 20:41   #8
DrO

got the file and replicated the issue (is often easier to have a real file to work with than trying to copy+paste details incase of encoding issues, etc) - just now need to determine what is going on as that's definitely weird.
Old 14th October 2013, 21:48   #9
DrO

reason is because <disc> is not supported for usb / android transfers. i've rectified that issue for the next release as well as applying some extra checks which should allow things to not fail as easily as they have done if a custom <xxx> field is added to the formatting string.
Old 14th October 2013, 23:42   #10
Thommy-L

Thanks DrO!

You guys make Winamp the best and fastest improving program that I use
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support