Old 20th November 2021, 01:13   #1
riverofwind

Unicode NsProcess dll

Hi I just setup a new computer and transferred all my data. I installed NSIS 3.08. The NSIS script for my program no longer works as desired. The page that checks for a running process of the program to be installed no longer runs. I'm guessing backward compatibility broke somehow. I am using the NsProcess plugin; I downloaded version 1.6 and threw the dll's in the x86-unicode plugins directory and the nsprocess.nsh file in the include directory. The script compiles perfect but just somehow totally skips over the code that checks for the running process. Am I missing something obvious? I could have sworn I saw an NSIS page the other day saying how old scripts can get broken but for all my efforts could not find again. I'm not sure what version I had installed previously but can find out tomorrow.
Thanks!
riverofwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2021, 02:45   #2
Anders

Download the .zip again, extract the dll ending with a W and rename it by removing the W and place it in the Unicode plug-in folder.

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2021, 04:48   #3
riverofwind

Just found a copy of the compilation output; the old setup was using x86-ansi and the new one is using x86-unicode. Now to find out how to fix....
Old 20th November 2021, 04:51   #4
riverofwind

@Anders Just found your reply, tried it and it worked! Thanks a bunch dude! Hopefully this thread goes on Google for other peeps with the same issue.
Old 20th November 2021, 19:42   #5
riverofwind

@Anders A quick related question - I don't have to modify my script at all transitioning from ansi to unicode support right?
Old 20th November 2021, 23:31   #6
Anders

That depends on your script, most things should work. Some System::Call lines might not be Unicode compatible if you got very old code from the wiki.

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion