Old 15th November 2005, 19:51   #1
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Winamp 5.112 released

Winamp 5.112

winamp 5.112 Full emusic plus
winamp 5.112 Pro (asks for key during install)
winamp 5.112 Nada Surf bundle emusic plus
winamp 5.112 lite

If you were experiencing crashes with 5.111 (especially with burning), you'll want to upgrade to 5.112.

What's new:
* Fixed: burning crash with EQ enabled
* Fixed: "end of list" playlist bug
* Fixed: [in_mp3] id3v1->id3v2 copy glitch
* Fixed: [in_mp3] crash when playing mp2 files with 'fast layer eq 1/2' enabled
* Fixed: [out_ds] Volume shows as "f dB/f dB" in config > Status tab
Benski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2005, 20:32   #2
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
Nice! Always good to have the latest version.
Squadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2005, 20:36   #3
DrO

until the "when's the next version coming out" posts start up again...

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2005, 20:43   #4
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
So, DrO, any idea when the next version is coming?

*Goddamn, i'm funny*.

>.>
Squadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2005, 20:54   #5
DrO

rdr²

-daz
Old 16th November 2005, 01:56   #6
STanger

Send a message via AIM to STanger Send a message via Yahoo to STanger
does this new version have the multiuser support that Benski has talked about?

<edit>after taking a lil looksee at the version history, guess not </edit>
STanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2005, 07:33   #7
DrO

the multi-user stuff is already in there (since 5.11) but was done silently and is not part of the public installer. this and the related app in thread will get things up and running for you with it

-daz
Old 16th November 2005, 10:15   #8
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
when will this version be "officially" available, i.e. linked at the main page and changelog added to the changelog on the website?

or is this version posted in the forums already the official one?
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2005, 10:25   #9
DrO

wa.com site updates are usually made on a thursday

-daz
Old 16th November 2005, 11:34   #10
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Awww this version isn't 5.1111. I made a prediction that it was going to be, looks like I was wrong.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2005, 14:36   #11
k_kolev1985

Was there a bug in Winamp v5.111 related to the "end of list" command? When I was right-clicking on the "forward" button and choosing "end of list", the function didn't work and the currently playing track started to play from the beginning instead of going to the last track in the playlist. If this was a known bug, it was resolved in Winamp v5.112.

P. S.: I want to thank all the Nullsoft team for making such a good player for us and all the forum team for the help they've been given.

[edit -> Benski: yes. I updated the main post to reflect this.]

Sorry if my english is bad, but I think it is better to have something than nothing. SpeechLab 2.0. JAWS for Windows. ABBYY FineReader. LAME encoder. The GodFather (audio file manager).
k_kolev1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 02:04   #12
corjello

i refuse to update until its frigen compatible with the newest id3 tags out, ive been waiting for sooo long

)corjello(
corjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 05:52   #13
shepard

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
the multi-user stuff is already in there (since 5.11) but was done silently and is not part of the public installer. this and the related app in thread will get things up and running for you with it
-daz
Do you know if the "issues" referred to by Benski will be resolved or is it being left as is and the only way we will be able to have the multi user support is to use the editor you so nicely wrote? I'm sure it's great, but I am not that brave with trying technical patches like manually using a pathsini editor. I probably would not know what to do with it after I downloaded it! I would rather have a version of Winamp to download and install that just works in a multi-user XP environment. You know, just works like all the other software installed on our computer!
shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 09:18   #14
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

The winamp build system has been vastly improved recently. One thing it can do is create installers with or without this functionality. Right now, due to the nature of the way it works, and the impact it could have on people if it remains untested the public builds are configured to not enable this stage of the installer.

Internal builds include this functionality automatically so that testers can try it out, and obviously the forums were told of this functionality too in order to gather more test responses. Since its a slight pain to do it manually (for those who dont have access to the internals) dro wrote a handy application to enable it.

I can only say what ive seen to date, but if the current internals are any example, the installer will ask what mode the user wishes to use (single user legacy style, or multi-user new style) and winamp will configure itself appropriately. This is subject to change if less problems are found than assumed of course.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 09:31   #15
DrO

as things stand, the paths.ini generated via the installer will just create a inidir={26}\Winamp and that will be it (setting it into the application data folder for the given user) and is just currently a multiple selection option in the installer (as craig has pointed out).

the editor app needs a bit more love to make it easier to browse for a folder otherwise it's just doing for you what would need to be done if you had to manually create the file. as things stand, you enter the path to use in the top edit box, click on the save button (making sure it'll save to the folder where winamp is) and then you start winamp. nice n simple

as for those issues benski was talking about, if i remember right it was just that out_disk and in_wave haven't currently been re-built to support the multi-user awareness. however i've created a loader plugin which will handle gen, input and output plugin that can't/haven't currently been re-built to support the multi-user awareness (it's working ok on most of my test plugins but i need to make the initial setup of the feature a lot easier since it involves renaming and copying plugin dlls..). so as things stand a fully compatible multi-user winamp install should be viable even with old plugins

-daz
Old 26th November 2005, 22:28   #16
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
I didn't even know that this was out...
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2005, 00:56   #17
BlackFlagg

I just DLed and installed it, had the box checked for the 100 free mp3s from eMusic icon but it didn't show up, this happen to anyone else? Anyone know what to do to get the offer?
BlackFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion