Old 10th April 2018, 07:04   #1
richardjames73

April payment

Has anyone been paid this month, or even had an email of notification of payment as yet?
richardjames73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2018, 17:34   #2
AnthologyWeb

Me neither, i emailed Shoutcast twice and no answer. Very disrespectful from them.
AnthologyWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2018, 21:56   #3
keijo

Same. Neither payment nor revenue report for January.

Last revenue report was on Feb 23rd and corresponding to December 2017, whereas the payment dates for them were February 28 / March 10 for Radionomy INC and Radionomy SA, respectively, when it's supposed to be the other way around.

I've had a phone conversation with a TargetSpot accountant today, she said I should put this all into an e-mail, and she would forward it to the right department. That's done, so let's see what comes from that, now.

Let's hope for the best, now...

keijo!

I have no ties to Radionomy/TargetSpot in any way. My posts/replies are my own so any advice I can give, try at your own risk.
KDPST - Keijo Grooving Moods -- (Where Music Is Your Mood) --
http://listen.shoutcast.com/kdpst-keijogroovingmoods
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2018, 16:06   #4
multi023

Hi,

I have not received any payment either. I hope there are good news soon ...

Best regards,
multi023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2018, 19:55   #5
jcnyct

no payment here either.. adverts are still playing on our streams though

I guess I'll give it a month.. they are slow in general for everything so we'll see
jcnyct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 03:42   #6
keijo

Odd.
In the thread, I used to have 4 posts above my first post. What happened to 2 of those?

I have no ties to Radionomy/TargetSpot in any way. My posts/replies are my own so any advice I can give, try at your own risk.
KDPST - Keijo Grooving Moods -- (Where Music Is Your Mood) --
http://listen.shoutcast.com/kdpst-keijogroovingmoods

Last edited by keijo; 12th April 2018 at 03:54. Reason: Tinfoil hat
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 18:54   #7
alexe12892

I can also vouch that no payments have been made or no email has been sent regarding last months revenue in fact i am still awaiting revenue for January,Feb & March. So will just wait.
alexe12892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 20:55   #8
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
No ads happening on my stream since switching to their hosting. Along with other issues including slow support replies and no now playing info in RMO or shoutcast site.

Ramon
ram130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2018, 14:11   #9
LapTop

hi i am awaiting to revenue for January,Feb & March. Ads playing since Nov 2017 on my Station.
LapTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2018, 14:21   #10
ram130

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapTop View Post
hi i am awaiting to revenue for January,Feb & March. Ads playing since Nov 2017 on my Station.
If your listener count is low, Don't expect pay for a little while from what I understand. They roll this over until you meet a minimum pay out amount.

Ramon
Old 13th April 2018, 14:50   #11
REY619

What is the minimum payout amount?
REY619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2018, 15:24   #12
LapTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
If your listener count is low, Don't expect pay for a little while from what I understand. They roll this over until you meet a minimum pay out amount.
For November and December 2017 was paid
i have permanent 800 ~ 1000 and up unique listener
Old 13th April 2018, 15:25   #13
LapTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by REY619 View Post
What is the minimum payout amount?

Minumum payout is 25 EUR
Old 13th April 2018, 19:58   #14
jcnyct

has anyone received April payment?

this is not looking good... I also have an unanswered support ticket that's been out there over a month.. they usually respond a few days later.

trying to be optimistic here...
Old 14th April 2018, 01:03   #15
ram130

I’ve had a similar experience with replies regarding streaming issues. I’ve noticed my stream occasionally starts to buffer and it will do it for hours then eventually be ok. Then I also noticed listing issues and no now playing info being shown on shoutcast site. You know the sad part? They it’s a bug it will look that way. I’m like. It’s your darn hosting, no excuses. Also no ads being played on my mP3 stream yet it works fine on my AAC one. Just not often vs when I was using DNAS self hosting two weeks ago.

It’s sad how slow minded and backwards thinking they’ve become. It’s almost like the company is getting lazy and don’t care no more. I wish I was ceo.

Ramon
Old 14th April 2018, 23:25   #16
jcnyct

Quote:
I’ve had a similar experience with replies regarding streaming issues. I’ve noticed my stream occasionally starts to buffer and it will do it for hours then eventually be ok. Then I also noticed listing issues and no now playing info being shown on shoutcast site. You know the sad part? They it’s a bug it will look that way. I’m like. It’s your darn hosting, no excuses. Also no ads being played on my mP3 stream yet it works fine on my AAC one. Just not often vs when I was using DNAS self hosting two weeks ago.

It’s sad how slow minded and backwards thinking they’ve become. It’s almost like the company is getting lazy and don’t care no more. I wish I was ceo.

I think most of us know it's not them being lazy or not caring. It's more of a profitability and human resources issue.

Our MP3 and AAC streams are working fine, no buffering or issues with ads playing. In that sense, things are working fine.

As far as you being CEO.. well unless you're willing to take a huge investment risk and just pour money into a company whose future is cloudy.. doubt you as CEO or anyone else would make a difference.

I'm just hoping Radionomy can make it.. if they're go belly up and are out, I hate to even think about starting to learn a whole different technology.. icecast
Old 16th April 2018, 10:33   #17
AnthologyWeb

Hello all got an answer this morning :

Apr 16, 12:06 EEST

Hi there,

We’d like to inform you that according payment conditions, Targetspot is paying within a delay of 60 days after month closing and when revenue from advertisers and agencies has been cashed.

On average, our advertisers make payments within 60 days, therefore you must expect a payment approximately 120 days after the end of the month, when you meet the minimum amount conditions, each month.

More practically, note that January will be paid by the end of May and then a payment will occur every month.

Let us know if you have any further question,

Best,

SHOUTcast Team

As I told them, they paid each month that was good and they they suddenly stopped...whateverrrr
Old 16th April 2018, 15:23   #18
AnthologyWeb

I also got this email a few minutes ago :

Dear XXXX ,

We'd like to inform you that according to payment conditions, Targetspot makes payments 60 days in arrears and also after revenue from advertisers and agencies has been cashed out.

On average, our advertisers also make payments within 60 days, therefore you should expect payments approximately 120 days after the end of each given month, when you meet the minimum amount conditions.

More specifically, January will be paid by the end of May and then regular payments will occur every month thereafter.

Please refer to the contract for more information: Streaming Service - DNAS.

Sincerely,
Old 16th April 2018, 21:57   #19
jcnyct

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthologyWeb View Post
Hello all got an answer this morning :

Apr 16, 12:06 EEST

As I told them, they paid each month that was good and they they suddenly stopped...whateverrrr

Actually, they're right.. I was enjoying the monthly payment but I know very well the delay in the rest of the radio ad industry... for those that are on TuneIn, you know what I'm talking about lol

As long as they pay, 120 days is pretty standard
Old 18th April 2018, 08:52   #20
ram130

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnyct View Post
I think most of us know it's not them being lazy or not caring. It's more of a profitability and human resources issue.

Our MP3 and AAC streams are working fine, no buffering or issues with ads playing. In that sense, things are working fine.

As far as you being CEO.. well unless you're willing to take a huge investment risk and just pour money into a company whose future is cloudy.. doubt you as CEO or anyone else would make a difference.

I'm just hoping Radionomy can make it.. if they're go belly up and are out, I hate to even think about starting to learn a whole different technology.. icecast
If that was true and they cared, the stats page wouldn't look the same it did back when it was launched. There wouldn't be a discrepancy between its LIVE stats and the API aggregator they say you can use to get stats in your radio software. I can tune in to one of my streams and when I look on RMO, I see I'm there, but when I go to the aggregator data I don't. If I stop the stream and hit play again, same thing, if I try once more then it comes up. As I type I see a huge difference in listeners in RMO vs aggregator. Funny thing it worked fine and was the same as RMO just last week, all week. It was reliable.

If they cared, I'd see impressions for my 128K MP3 stream, ads are playing since Friday, I hear them, and listeners too, but nothing is reported in RMO for it. Yet, for my AAC stream I see it just fine. Mind you, no issues other than now playing info when I was using DNAS.

If they cared, now playing info wouldn't be so inconsistent, like, it works once a year, maybe twice. Mind you, it's been like that since 2015.

If they cared, live stats would be more detailed, what happened to seeing user agents, listening time? Oh right, got to use the aggregator api just to see that, but you know, it's unreliable now. Let's not talk about kicking/blocking functions.

If they cared, the RMO site would support proper responsive design and work perfect on mobile. It's only simple adjustments to CSS.

If they cared, they would have told us any streams over 128K MP3 will not have ads working and will suffer random buffering issues. Like I've mentioned in my previous post here, the issue with buffering was the 192K bit rate, their servers can't adapt to it. As a result ads don't work, stream becomes unreliable. There was a user who reported the buffering issues on page two of this sub forum, they said they fixed it but guess not. No amount of reboots/restarting/changing encoders worked. Either way I just decided to step back down to 128K, no more issues other than impressions not showing up for it.

If they.....well you know, cared. The directory listing issues would be fixed. I've checked my radio listings each day, it seems to rotate between different genres now. It's also reporting all my streams as 128K. This they say is a known issue since...so long ago. I see other radio stations being hosted having the same issue. I get it, the streaming service is based on icecast and they don't know how to translate it. I get it, it's not like the aggregator API isn't straight forward in it's xml output (it is). Yet icecast got it right in it's directory.

Maybe I'm bashing, maybe not. I just wish they'd fix these minor issues or be more clear. Like not supporting 192K MP3 if they know the system got issues. But the lack of real communication and focus is concerning. I wouldn't mind investing but that is a risk as you say. It's one that is shown in their interaction with us already. I don't want them to fail. Far from it.

Ramon
Old 20th April 2018, 01:00   #21
jcnyct

Quote:
If that was true and they cared, the stats page wouldn't look the same it did back when it was launched. There wouldn't be a discrepancy between its LIVE stats and the API aggregator they say you can use to get stats in your radio software. I can tune in to one of my streams and when I look on RMO, I see I'm there, but when I go to the aggregator data I don't. If I stop the stream and hit play again, same thing, if I try once more then it comes up. As I type I see a huge difference in listeners in RMO vs aggregator. Funny thing it worked fine and was the same as RMO just last week, all week. It was reliable.

If they cared, I'd see impressions for my 128K MP3 stream, ads are playing since Friday, I hear them, and listeners too, but nothing is reported in RMO for it. Yet, for my AAC stream I see it just fine. Mind you, no issues other than now playing info when I was using DNAS.

If they cared, now playing info wouldn't be so inconsistent, like, it works once a year, maybe twice. Mind you, it's been like that since 2015.

If they cared, live stats would be more detailed, what happened to seeing user agents, listening time? Oh right, got to use the aggregator api just to see that, but you know, it's unreliable now. Let's not talk about kicking/blocking functions.

If they cared, the RMO site would support proper responsive design and work perfect on mobile. It's only simple adjustments to CSS.

If they cared, they would have told us any streams over 128K MP3 will not have ads working and will suffer random buffering issues. Like I've mentioned in my previous post here, the issue with buffering was the 192K bit rate, their servers can't adapt to it. As a result ads don't work, stream becomes unreliable. There was a user who reported the buffering issues on page two of this sub forum, they said they fixed it but guess not. No amount of reboots/restarting/changing encoders worked. Either way I just decided to step back down to 128K, no more issues other than impressions not showing up for it.

If they.....well you know, cared. The directory listing issues would be fixed. I've checked my radio listings each day, it seems to rotate between different genres now. It's also reporting all my streams as 128K. This they say is a known issue since...so long ago. I see other radio stations being hosted having the same issue. I get it, the streaming service is based on icecast and they don't know how to translate it. I get it, it's not like the aggregator API isn't straight forward in it's xml output (it is). Yet icecast got it right in it's directory.

Maybe I'm bashing, maybe not. I just wish they'd fix these minor issues or be more clear. Like not supporting 192K MP3 if they know the system got issues. But the lack of real communication and focus is concerning. I wouldn't mind investing but that is a risk as you say. It's one that is shown in their interaction with us already. I don't want them to fail. Far from it.
I don't think they're holding a gun to your head.. move on and switch if it's that bad... not sure most of the issues you mentioned are valid.. most of what you mentioned we haven't had an issue..

as far as data.. you actually get more from them than anyone else.. good luck with Tunein getting data.. stream over 128K works fine with us and ads play without issues.. actually 256K works fine for us.

again.. they focus their resources on the bigger picture.. actually I'm waiting for ad stitching to be rolled out.. that is a big issue and would solve a lot of problems for everyone
Old 21st April 2018, 08:10   #22
ram130

Quote:
I don't think they're holding a gun to your head.. move on and switch if it's that bad... not sure most of the issues you mentioned are valid.. most of what you mentioned we haven't had an issue..

as far as data.. you actually get more from them than anyone else.. good luck with Tunein getting data.. stream over 128K works fine with us and ads play without issues.. actually 256K works fine for us.

again.. they focus their resources on the bigger picture.. actually I'm waiting for ad stitching to be rolled out.. that is a big issue and would solve a lot of problems for everyone
Yeah. No buffering issues with 256k and with ads?

I agree you do get more. Just wish they spent more time on user experience.

Whats the ad stitching issue exactly?

Ramon
Old 21st April 2018, 19:44   #23
AnthologyWeb

I'd like to talk about this :
Schedule the MP3 file to play at least 2 times per hour with a maximum of 5 times per hour

I mean ads are limited by ips. Listeners who listen for hours don't get ads all the time. for exemple during week ends there's like no ad at all. So you know 5 times per hour...
Old 22nd April 2018, 03:31   #24
jcnyct

Quote:
Yeah. No buffering issues with 256k and with ads?

I agree you do get more. Just wish they spent more time on user experience.

Whats the ad stitching issue exactly?
correct - no buffering issue on 256K with ads

ad stitching solves the issue of the filler "elevator" music when there's not enough ads. This feature would basically transition everyone who heard the ads back to the initial point right before ads played.. i really hope that gets rolled out soon. our listeners must really love us because I would never listen to a station with that annoying elevator music
Old 22nd April 2018, 03:38   #25
jcnyct

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthologyWeb View Post
I'd like to talk about this :
Schedule the MP3 file to play at least 2 times per hour with a maximum of 5 times per hour

I mean ads are limited by ips. Listeners who listen for hours don't get ads all the time. for exemple during week ends there's like no ad at all. So you know 5 times per hour...
wow you're playing 2 minute ads 5 times per hour? that's a lot of elevator music.

We stick to only 2 times per hour and use our own ads as the advert: - advert: file - that way if a listener is behind a Geo that has an ad available they hear the ad and the rest that are behind non-monetized Geo's simply hear our ads
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:25   #26
AnthologyWeb

No I don't.
I tried 3 times for a few days but the ads play just twice.
So why saying this "with a maximum of 5 times per hour" when they do know that this won't work at all. Twice per hour is correct.
Old 24th April 2018, 01:20   #27
ram130

Quote:
correct - no buffering issue on 256K with ads

ad stitching solves the issue of the filler "elevator" music when there's not enough ads. This feature would basically transition everyone who heard the ads back to the initial point right before ads played.. i really hope that gets rolled out soon. our listeners must really love us because I would never listen to a station with that annoying elevator music
Thank you for the info. Then I don't know why I got issues at 192K. So weird. Maybe you can try 192k and report back if its smooth and no issues?

Ramon
Old 8th May 2018, 12:54   #28
alexe12892

any update on this?
alexe12892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2018, 18:57   #29
ram130

Lol they’re weird.

Ramon
Old 12th May 2018, 08:11   #30
Creator

I still haven't received any payments for 2018 - have any of you guys?
Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2018, 08:13   #31
ram130

Supposedly they are working on a new update to RMO and it’s taking time. This is where I say a company doesn’t care cause they don’t know how to communicate

Ramon
Old 17th May 2018, 19:53   #32
jcnyct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post
I still haven't received any payments for 2018 - have any of you guys?
no one has.. they sent an email update on how payments for 2018 would be handled.

According to that update (which is posted in this thread) January 2018 payment will be sent end of May/June
Old 17th May 2018, 19:56   #33
jcnyct

Quote:
Supposedly they are working on a new update to RMO and it’s taking time. This is where I say a company doesn’t care cause they don’t know how to communicate
still whining?? well don't use them. It's your decision to use them or not.
Old 19th May 2018, 08:36   #34
schnebi

According to their email Payments for January should be send by the end of may... So there should come a revenue report very soon :/
schnebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2018, 17:10   #35
heathcliff

Quote:
still whining?? well don't use them. It's your decision to use them or not.
Two parties enter into an agreement. If the party does not meet the agreement then the party in question is in default. They are still required to pay. In practice they are filling their wallet on publishers. I don't think You find that acceptable when that happens to you in real life.
heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 12:12   #36
LapTop

i got Revenue Report for Januar on may 25th, but still no payment
Old 5th June 2018, 08:40   #37
AnthologyWeb

I get revenue report too like on may 23rd saying :

Hi there,

We are delighted to inform you we will process your payment for January 2018's impressions by the end of the month.
You’ll find attached to this email your detailed report, including impressions from January's period, only amounts exceeding $25/25€ are paid, lower amounts will be reported to next month and paid as soon as you reach the threshold.

I am exceeding 25 but still waiting....
Old 5th June 2018, 15:02   #38
AnthologyWeb

I got some news !

Hi XXXXX,

I would like to apologize for the delay, indeed our accounting department just announced me all payments will be processed by the end of next week.

Make sure I'll do my best to avoid this kind of inconvenience in the future,

Best regards,
Bruno
Shoutcast Team
Old 6th June 2018, 15:44   #39
AnthologyWeb

Hello all,

got the 1st part in $ of january payement yesterday. I"m still waiting for the € part now.

Hope guys get your money too.
Old 6th June 2018, 18:13   #40
jcnyct

you all have to read the update shoutcast emailed on payments.. it's posted in this thread.

we got our payment this week just as they mentioned in their email update on payments... not sure why everyone is stressing.. they explained how it would work moving fwd.. read the email
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization