Old 17th December 2010, 08:18   #1
mengesb

Send a message via AIM to mengesb Send a message via Yahoo to mengesb
HTC Incredible + Win7 x64 + Winamp = fail

Winamp for Android 0.9.2
Winamp 5.601 x86
Windows 7 Professional x64 (all updates)

So I can get my phone to be recognized by Winamp on my windows 7 system, but all attempts to sync media from my system to my phone using the wireless sync fail instantly (no encoding, no progress... just 'send to: DEVICE' and instant FAIL).

I'm not sure what logging I might be able to provide to help resolve this problem, but I've tried uninstalling and re-installing both my PC and Android versions of the app, re-registering the device, changing its name, etc - nothing works. Help?
mengesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 22:27   #2
atomiccupcake

I have this same setup but gave up on wifi sync because of a bug (if there are two files with the same artist and same name it locks up). However, I can drag music directly to the device with wifi.

How far are you getting with sync? Does your Incredible show up under devices? Does the Transfers window fill up with songs when you sync? Have you tried a sync of just a few songs as a test (right click on the device, go to preferences, click "update selected playlists only", and try just one playlist.)?
atomiccupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 05:32   #3
mengesb

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiccupcake View Post
I have this same setup but gave up on wifi sync because of a bug (if there are two files with the same artist and same name it locks up). However, I can drag music directly to the device with wifi.

How far are you getting with sync? Does your Incredible show up under devices? Does the Transfers window fill up with songs when you sync? Have you tried a sync of just a few songs as a test (right click on the device, go to preferences, click "update selected playlists only", and try just one playlist.)?
Only the playlists sync, but not the contents of the playlists (the files). I've tried individual transfers, playlist transfers, auto-fill transfers, everything fails. If it involves a MP3, it fails apparently. Since I have no other media to try... I'm out of ideas.
Old 18th December 2010, 05:36   #4
mengesb

For giggles I thought I'd see if my firewall were preventing the access... but alas that was not either.
Old 18th December 2010, 05:51   #5
mengesb

Well, not quite sure why, but I decided to rebuild my entire music and video library tonight. After doing that, and attempting to sync playlists again... it started working!

Waiting to see if there are failures pending or not, but it looks like its transferring files finally.
Old 18th December 2010, 21:13   #6
digger004

Did that work ? I have the same problem but rebuilding my library didn't help me.
digger004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 20:18   #7
mengesb

My problem must not have been software specific. I speculate that it probably would have worked ... but between the required update on my desktop and attempting to sync, my library must have been corrupted (requiring a rebuild). I do notice that some songs still fail to transfer, but a bulk work. Some strangeness with the reliability of the syncing still but usually it works (beta... what can you expect eh?)

I'd check firewall settings to be sure. I'm pretty sure that the sync is done from one port to another, the phone shouldn't matter, but the desktop will care.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
android app, syncing, windows 7, wireless