Old 1st February 2017, 23:02   #1
pavlosradio

memory leak

hello guys, i have an internet station on shoutcast. i play music with winamp but every day or every 2 days i have to exit winamp and restart it, because the RAM jumps up to 90-99%. if it goes to 100% i have to reboot the computer. is there any way to fix it?

thanks
pavlosradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 14:58   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Are you using the latest SHOUTcast DSP? If you are, do you know if the memory leak only occurs while using it?

A list of plugins is required since it could be a faulty plugin, and not Winamp itself, causing the memory leak.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 16:34   #3
pavlosradio

well, i downloaded winamp from winamp page and shoutcast plugin from shoutcast.com a few months ago. so they must be up to date. the only plugin i can think of is the N.O.P, aka null output plugin, because the computer im running my station from is a VPS without soundcard
Old 3rd February 2017, 18:03   #4
thinktink
Forum King

Try replacing the Null Output Plugin with BogProg ZeroPointer: http://winampheritage.com/plugin/bog...ter-1-4/222435

It's probably not the problem but you can start there.

If it still does it, try deactivating the SHOUTcast DSP by unselecting it as the active DSP in the preferences for a while and see if it stops then.
Old 4th February 2017, 13:27   #5
pavlosradio

correct me if im wrong but everytime i press download, a jpg image is being downloaded. i tried with opera and firefox. i do right click and "save as" but the same jpg file downloads
Old 4th February 2017, 20:04   #6
thinktink
Forum King

I've attached the installer.

Last edited by thinktink; 1st March 2022 at 07:50.
Old 5th February 2017, 03:05   #7
pavlosradio

you are a star!!! i will give it a go and i will let you know i a few days!! thanks!
Old 5th February 2017, 21:33   #8
pavlosradio

still the same whats next?
Old 5th February 2017, 21:38   #9
thinktink
Forum King

k, here's what to do:

Read and follow the directions at this link: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=161361#specs

The HijackThis log shouldn't be necessary at the moment.

Attach the list to your next post for me (or another user) to review.

While waiting for somebody to review your list of plugins, try running Winamp without the SHOUTcast DSP open to see if it still happens.
Old 9th February 2017, 18:32   #10
pavlosradio

ok after 2 days non stop without dsp, there is no memory problems. so its definatelly the dsp shoutcast plugin. as long as i have no other plugins installed (winamp clean install and dsp for broadcasting) is there any way to bypass this problem or fix it?
Old 9th February 2017, 19:20   #11
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlosradio View Post
ok after 2 days non stop without dsp, there is no memory problems. so its definatelly the dsp shoutcast plugin. as long as i have no other plugins installed (winamp clean install and dsp for broadcasting) is there any way to bypass this problem or fix it?
K, this just became a SHOUTcast support issue. The SHOUTcast DSP is complicated (somewhat) and there's no telling what inside the DSP could be causing the problem. It could be the core of the DSP or it could be some individual function. It will probably take extensive testing to find out what it is. For all anybody knows, it could be a conflict between the DSP and some other software on your computer causing the problem. I will ask an admin to move this thread...
Old 10th February 2017, 13:47   #12
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

I've seen that issue with really long playlists in WinAMP (>1000 songs or so) with the randomizer on, after a while WinAMP's virtual memory will grow intil the host system runs out of VM. Not sure what the issue is, as the problem is intermittent, but i've seen it with many versions of WinAMP. Restarting WinAMP recovers the VM, a reboot shouldn't be required.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2017, 17:00   #13
DJ-Garybaldy
Forum King

Quote:
i play music with winamp but every day or every 2 days i have to exit winamp and restart it, because the RAM jumps up to 90-99%. if it goes to 100% i have to reboot the computer. is there any way to fix it?

thanks
Only just seen this topic he wouldn't have these issues if he used better software for his automation

Winamp was good 10-12 years ago as an alternative but now other software coders have beaten Winamp into the ground when it comes to automating a station...

I don't know why people still bother with Winamp to stream a station TBH & Radionomy don't seem that interested in the program.
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2017, 13:49   #14
pavlosradio

ok i just turned the dsp on again. lets see if the memory will go up in a few days again. Radiodj, ive never heard of it. it looks complicated though. is it any good?
Old 11th February 2017, 18:16   #15
DJ-Garybaldy
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlosradio View Post
ok i just turned the dsp on again. lets see if the memory will go up in a few days again. Radiodj, ive never heard of it. it looks complicated though. is it any good?
Is RadioDJ any good?

Well I've used it for 6 years now and yes it looks complicated but if you read tutorials on my blog then the setup isn't that difficult

Add into the mix that once setup and working its really stable

I used to use Winamp once upon a time to stream it was maybe OK 10/13 years ago but now tech has moved on. Its rare to hear reports of RadioDJ going badly wrong.

I hope I can convince you too switch... It may look scary but it isn't
Old 11th February 2017, 22:40   #16
pavlosradio

ok i will give it a try tonight
Old 12th February 2017, 11:47   #17
DJ-Garybaldy
Forum King

If you get really stuck try the RadioDJ Forums
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support