Old 31st July 2006, 03:46   #1
polaris911

How to copy files from my playlist to a memory card...

This seems like such a simple thing to ask for, but I can't seem to find any program that can do it besides windows explorer. I have a cell phone that accepts a memory card.

All I want is to be able to quickly copy files off my winamp playlist into the MP3 folder on the memory stick which I have inserted in my computer.

Instead, I usually have to rummage through my winamp playlist, find the song I want, find out where it is on my hard drive, then find it using explorer, then drag and drop it to the memory card. Isnt there some way I can just right click the playlist entry, and hit "Send to I:/MP3/" or something. Is there a plugin for this or some other program you guys recommend? I'd prefer using winamp because I listen to all my music on it, yet it seems incredibly primitive when it comes to interfacing with other devices.
polaris911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2006, 20:06   #2
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
Try this one. It's called gen_yar.

jmat
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2006, 05:02   #3
polaris911

I tried this out.. it doesn't really work the way I want it to. The "Copy playlist files" copys my entire playlist (some 5000 tracks). I only want to copy a few selected files without having to export these entries to a new separate playlist. Any more ideas? Thanks!
Old 13th October 2006, 16:27   #4
TEarlywine

Send a message via AIM to TEarlywine Send a message via Yahoo to TEarlywine
Quote:
Originally posted by polaris911
I tried this out.. it doesn't really work the way I want it to. The "Copy playlist files" copys my entire playlist (some 5000 tracks). I only want to copy a few selected files without having to export these entries to a new separate playlist. Any more ideas? Thanks!
It seems to me that dragging entries to a new playlist is just as easy. Works for me.

Is the 5000 tracks all of your MP3s? Why have a playlist of all your MP3s saved when you can use the Media Library?
TEarlywine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 11:58   #5
smaili

I understand how to copy files from winamp playlist to a new folder,but is there a way to move the files in the playlist from the original folder to another location?
smaili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 10:29   #6
snowstorm

that's great! thanks guy. It will be very useful!

What about Smaili's request?

Have a good day
snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 02:46   #7
fivestones

AmoK playlist copy/ will do what you want (including letting you save just a selection of songs from your playlist).
fivestones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 21:57   #8
mfbscs

This is clearly the type of functionality that Winamp should internally support. Simple things like this would go a long way, rather than spending time on kooky options like:

"Main Window lightning bolt opens Media Library instead of About Box"

Seriously.
mfbscs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 23:41   #9
polaris911

Funny thing is, I never found a solution to this. Itunes will let you hit CTRL+C on a playlist entry, and if you CTRL+V in explorer, it'll paste the actual file. But winamp has no such feature. Really frustrating how limited the playlist functionality is.
Old 17th April 2011, 20:20   #10
polaris911

How? You can only have one playlist open at once in Winamp..

[edit - Moderation]
the post this is a reply to was a post by a spammer hence this not making sense now.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support