Old 7th January 2006, 04:56   #601
Kyllian

I didn't mean remove 038 and restore 037.

Nevermind, both are gone

Old 19th January 2006, 07:03   #602
maculatus

My skin- The Who - Maximum RnB v2(144902) was rejected yesterday. I had an older (really crappy) version of the skin already published, and had tried to update it with this version by editing my profile and submitting the new files. That was a couple of months ago, and nothing had changed. So I deleted the old version, and submitted the new one again. Now I get an email saying that its been rejected because its a duplicate of a skin that's already published.

Help? Should I just change the title and file names and try again?
Old 19th January 2006, 17:34   #603
GeorgeH

I received an email with the subject: "Your component submission was rejected"

Quote:
Can you please provide some information on how to use this since i can\'t review
this without knowing what and how i\'m meant to be using it, thanks

In Regards to Component: iQuizz(146974)
it's simple:

-install the plugin
-launch winamp
-go to the media library
-click on "iQuizz"
-play (double clik on a song)

(it work with files scanned by winamp)
Old 19th January 2006, 17:37   #604
DrO

but what is it that you're meant to be playing? all i saw was a timer, a choice of 5 tracks and no idea what i was meant to do with them to score points

-daz
Old 19th January 2006, 23:08   #605
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
Originally posted by maculatus
My skin- The Who - Maximum RnB v2(144902) was rejected yesterday. I had an older (really crappy) version of the skin already published, and had tried to update it with this version by editing my profile and submitting the new files. That was a couple of months ago, and nothing had changed. So I deleted the old version, and submitted the new one again. Now I get an email saying that its been rejected because its a duplicate of a skin that's already published.

Help? Should I just change the title and file names and try again?
What version is this one?
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=147007
Old 21st January 2006, 19:28   #606
Pegs

Unhappy

This is the second time ive applied to get my skin in

**You did not submit a complete skin. Please skin all main windows then resubmit.

In Regards to Component: 4HM Amp(147026)**

I fail to see what windows ive missed? considering ive done them all??. (Main Window, Playlist, Equalizer, Media Library and Video) This is All the windows. and they are all skinned. So why the rejects?
Old 23rd January 2006, 07:45   #607
maculatus

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildrose-Wally
What version is this one?
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=147007
Ok. . .

That's it. For some reason I couldn't see it my profile. It wasn't listed as published. Is now though. I don't really understand what happened, but problem solved. Thanks.
Old 23rd January 2006, 08:20   #608
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

The oompa loompas are aparrently running amok in the webservers at the minute causing all kinds of strange things to happen, our beloved admin is organising a hunting trip to round them all up as we speak...
Old 23rd January 2006, 10:50   #609
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

@Pegs
You are missing a file. I forget if that was the genex.bmp or the cbutton.bmp, but one of them is missing.

Last edited by Wildrose-Wally; 23rd January 2006 at 11:13.
Old 23rd January 2006, 17:37   #610
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Also @pegs, I've seen your skin now, you are using a lot of default base skin images in there, control buttons, shuff/rep buttons, EQ/PL toggle buttons along with a lot of eq buttons/sliders.

Sorry there is just too much original classic base skin in there for my taste, please only submit this when you have skinned all components in your own style and not re-using original base skin elements.
Old 23rd January 2006, 19:30   #611
Pegs

I used them because they are easy to see and still go with the theme. but very well ill make my own buttons o.^!

Maybe your auto emails should say "make your own buttons you lazy ass" because all it says is "you did not submit a complete skin". which doesnt realy explain as to why it was rejected. j/k. obviously you wont be sending that to people. just thought id make the email a bit more "exiting?"

also, when attempting to change my profile. i didnt notice anywhere, where i could change my sig. or (if its possible) to add an avatar.

*edit* also when i resubmit the skins, i have to change the name of what i submit it as, becuase it says that it has "allready been submited" or something along those lines. erm well yeah just informing you.

P.S. i leave for holiday tommorow so dont expect to hear anything from me for a week or so.
- Pegs
Old 4th February 2006, 16:27   #612
Riksruin
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Riksruin Send a message via AIM to Riksruin Send a message via Yahoo to Riksruin
Just submitted my skin, and got a bounce back saying that all windows were not skinned, I have checked and all windows are fully skinned it is however missing a few buttons.

the CID is 147140

what have I missed out?
Old 4th February 2006, 16:40   #613
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Might have been a database screwup, as the database has been bad since thursday.

This was the skin that was re-jected with your submission.

http://www3.telus.net/wildrosewally/...sten_Dunst.wsz
Old 4th February 2006, 16:45   #614
Riksruin
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Riksruin Send a message via AIM to Riksruin Send a message via Yahoo to Riksruin
strange thats not my skin LoL! i'll try renaming it and then reuploading...
Old 13th February 2006, 22:18   #615
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

do you guyds know what happened to Crystalamp that I tryed to publish I didnt get an email could you resend the email if it failed to publish or tell me what happened to my skin.
Thanks
Old 14th February 2006, 01:39   #616
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

We felt that we can't take skins that don't operate on the current windows operating systems. We adopted this policy back when it became an issue with desktop alpha, and continued that here.

In short, we can't take skins that only work on windows xp, they should work on 98 and 2000 as well.
Old 14th February 2006, 02:28   #617
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

Ah ok a quik fix
Old 17th February 2006, 13:26   #618
dkolenich

In Regards to Component: Auburn University(147213)

Why can't I change the way the modern skin that comes with winamp looks without having to move the buttons around? When I was a student at Auburn I looked for a skin like this and there wasn't one out there. The skin that comes with winamp has the comment "Please feel free to use this skin as a reference point to build your new Winamp5 skins." All I wanted to do was make a basic skin with school colors.
Old 17th February 2006, 14:04   #619
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
You could just make a color theme...

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
Old 17th February 2006, 14:54   #620
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

'use this skin as a reference point' means to use it to help you build your own skins, not alter it slightly and submit it as your own.
Old 3rd May 2006, 23:57   #621
kinkyradicals

Red face but isn't illegal :)

hi ! ... yes, i had received an e-mail from this guy "Mike The Llama" as an answer for my plug-in submission and well i know which is my problem but it's a little difficult to solve...anyway here's that e-mail:

Quote:
If you want to talk to me, talk in english.

If the plugin is not a rip, at least the screenshot is, as there has been a spanish plugin with that screenshot for a long time.

over and out.

Remember, ENGLISH

In Regards to Component: Official Spanish plug-in(147597)

Please note that this is an automated email. If you have any further questions please see the "Skin Appeal Thread" on the Winamp
Forums over at http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=160347 But before you post, be sure to read
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=126131 first which will tell you what information you need to provide in order
for us to help you.

Sincerely,
Mike The Llama
So he said that in english because my plug-in it's a spanish language pack, so it needs to be in spanish, in order for needed users to understand wtf with it ... So i can't explain to him that this plug-in its actually some sort of new version for that old one which was post by our lost "host" at winamp-es.com, so he can't update it and we need to do it this way (by posting another)... but to give it some sort of continuation we decided to use the same images that he used for his old one, but i can't explain this to him "Mike The Llama" because i only have 100 characters for comments...
Hoping you can help, a needed user .
Old 4th May 2006, 01:44   #622
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

So in other words, the old language pack can be deleted and you want the new one published. OK, we can do that. Problem is I don't understand spanish, so if you write to the reviewer in your comment, it has to be in english.
Old 27th June 2006, 10:32   #623
TheElusiveMelon

Just tried to update my Sepultura - Dante XXI skin, because i found it had some green x bugs in Winamp 5.24. When i updated it and re-submitted it, i got an email saying it was rejected because of the bugs.

I think something is up with the edit procedure, because ive tried to edit the pictures 4 times with no success. I am sure that when i re-submitted it, you guys saw the old version, which was why bugs were visible on all the standard frame windows.

I dont have the component ID because its no longer a published skin.

Thanks,

TEM
Old 28th June 2006, 01:43   #624
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

OK, I have published it, complete with the bugs. Re-upload as soon as possible, please, and if it fails, keep trying till we get it right.

Thank you.
Old 28th June 2006, 07:27   #625
R U Bn

Unhappy Rip, but still..

ID:147927

The skin I posted was removed because it was a rip. I ripped the skin because on the original skin itself there were some comments about there being no contrast enough (BG-FG) to be able to read the text. Also on a other places on the internet I found this remark about this very cool original skin and its lousy contrast.

..yada yada yada..

So, in short, where do I put this modified rip so other people can use this too ? I just want to help because this skin is superneat, but practically unusable because of one minor contrast fault.
Old 28th June 2006, 07:54   #626
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

You don't put it on this web site, unless you can get express permission from the original author to alter and re-submit his/her work.

There are lots of skins I don't like the look of, dosn't give me the rights to go alter them and submit them on someone elses behalf though.
Old 28th June 2006, 10:34   #627
Praktiker90

Send a message via ICQ to Praktiker90
ID: 147904
I got just this following mail:
Quote:
You did not submit a complete skin. Please skin all main windows then resubmit.
In Regards to Component: Seeed - Aufstehn(147904)
so i cannot understand, why the Skin is'nt completly, because i have it on my winamp. I just put it up on my little server, so that you can download it and look, why it is not complete.
Download skin

i made this skin with an easy programm called "Skinamp". so I'm not so good in english (i come from germany) and so i couldn't understand the description of winamp.com or other Homepages. could just this programm be the reason, why the skin is not completely?
Old 28th June 2006, 16:41   #628
DrO

it doesn't skin the video window and the generic skinned frames. i'm not sure if i've missed anything else but it's definitely that the skinner app you're using doesn't produce a complete 2.9x and up classic skin which is what's required for a valid submission. see this forum for more information on the different additional skin bitmaps and related info.

-daz
Old 29th August 2006, 09:49   #629
watercolours

rejection with no reason

i've submitted a skin last night. and today i received an automated e-mail that it is rejected. the problem is, it is not written why it was rejected. so without knowing the reason how can i solve the problem?
CID: 148310

Oops, i checked the skin main page and saw that my skin was published. Interesting...
Old 29th August 2006, 10:07   #630
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

You should however try re-submitting it as the screenshots look broken on it, don't do a new submission, edit the original one.
Old 29th August 2006, 10:09   #631
watercolours

Ok, thanks.

Hmmm... Though I edited and filled every part, it says that I have to fill every part in order to submit (I'm editing) the skin which I've already done. I gave it a two more try but, no result.

Last edited by watercolours; 29th August 2006 at 10:33.
Old 29th August 2006, 18:07   #632
watercolours

I've been trying to edit the skin for hours. Is it possible to send the images in another way?
Old 30th August 2006, 00:08   #633
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

No, sorry.

For some reason the database will not take png images, so if you used those, try jpg.

If all else fails, you might have to do a new submission.
Old 30th August 2006, 01:11   #634
watercolours

i have used gif
Old 30th August 2006, 15:05   #635
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

Graviton?
Old 30th August 2006, 15:16   #636
watercolours

graviton?
Old 30th August 2006, 20:39   #637
watercolours

Isn't there anybody to help? It's a shame that a skin cannot be updated without a problem. It was same 2 years ago, it was same 1 year ago, and it's still the same. I can make a resubmission, but I don't want to rename my skin.
PS. I tried with jpeg files but still no result.

Last edited by watercolours; 30th August 2006 at 21:49.
Old 31st August 2006, 02:04   #638
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

whats the problem with the Graviton skin? Says not all is done?

we got the EQ, the PL, ML, main ,minimode what else do we need?
Old 31st August 2006, 02:40   #639
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Looks to me you need to re-upload, as the original submission "crapped out". Should be ok for the rest.
Old 31st August 2006, 09:41   #640
watercolours

To make a reupload, i have to change the skin name. but if there's no other way, i will do it.
Oops, and now it says "there was an unknown error, please submit again". Ä° tried to submit with new skin name, a renamed skin file (I checked, it works), jpeg images, but nope. Always the same message.

Last edited by watercolours; 31st August 2006 at 10:48.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Skin and Plug-in Rip Reporting for Removal