Old 6th November 2012, 07:28   #1
darthaudio

New lapto, using same settings but wont connect.

Hi, for about 2 weeks i have been trying to figure out why i cant connect to the filth.fm server with my new laptop using all the same settings and software, the only diffrence being that the shoutcast plug in (nullsoft shoutcast source) seems to be a newer version, I have tried changing setting slightly, turning off firewall, re installing all the software etc etc with no joy. I still have my old laptop and have had to do my last 2 shows from that as it has no problem connecting but i wont have that laptop next week.
So my setup is, i use traktor s4 pro and stream to icecast localhost, i then use winamp to play that and stream to the shoutcast server using the nullsoft shoutcast source. My settings are
Server - lemon.citrus3.com
port - 8216
dj user id - darthaudio
Password - **************
automatic reconection 1 second
shoutcast v1 turned on
Directory
Stream is public
Name - darhaudio
url - www,filth.fm
Encoder
MP3
settings 128kbps hh100hz

the other settings are pretty standard. I have tried not putting in dj user id and not usin shoutcast v1. Ive asked other dj's and been to a pc shop all with no luck. When i press connect it either says not connected or sometimes it will say authorisation failure.
Again all my settings are the same as my other laptop?????
Please help

Thanks
darthaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 11:05   #2
DrO

for the server you're trying to connect to, the DJ/ User ID field needs to be left blank - that's only needed when connecting to sc_trans in v1 mode as a DJ. as you're not, then it's not needed and will cause a connection error (alas there's no way i can determine between the two as not having the field available caused more issues than by having it available in v1 mode).

otherwise, all i can suggest is enabling the logging options and make sure that you've definitely got the correct stream password to be using for the DNAS server.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support