Old 23rd January 2004, 19:21   #1
Zerosum

Internet Radio problems in 5.1

Just did clean install to 5.1 in my WXP system and having problems with internet radio.

Clicking on ANY of the radio listings in the Media Library window brings up the "Retrieving Playlist" window that downloads the playlist - but then nothing happens. Clicking on the play button opens a Windows "Open files" window set to the Winamp folder in Program Files, where there is no trace of the downloaded pls file (where is it stored?)

Clicking on ANY of the Radio listings on winamp.com brings up the "Too Many Listeners" window.

Going to a website of any IR site (such as www.smoothjazz.com), I can play the stream on WMP but clicking on the Winamp option gives a "Too Many Listeners" window.

I can play any of the IR stations already existing in my boomarks, but can't add new ones for the above reasons.

Both Windows and Winamp have Winamp associated with pls and m3u files.

Any advice ar an explanation appreciated.
Zerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2004, 10:37   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Sounds to me like you just need to empty your internet cache.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2004, 11:35   #3
Zerosum

DJEgg,

Booted the puter, read your reply, cleared the cache (somehing I do frequently)and now everything functions properly. So, that would seem to be the cause. Thanks.

Tho, I don't understand how a bloated internet cache could prevent Winamp from accessing a pls file. This would imply that when clicking on a station listing, Winamp downloads the pls file to the internet cache and then loads it from there, but checking my internet cache now (after accessing several stations from Winamp's Media Library window), I can find no pls files.

Is this how it works?

In any case, thank you for the assistance.
Old 25th January 2004, 14:38   #4
Zerosum

It turns out that the internet cache in not the cause of the problem.

Have just attempted to access internet broadcasts thru Winamp's Media Library as well as the Winamp website with the same result as described in my original post.

Am I the only one having trouble with Winamp and Shoutcast?
Old 25th January 2004, 15:07   #5
danchen

Hey, i'm having the very SAME PROBLEM TOO !!!

i'm starting to think that this must be a issue in 5.1
(yeah, complain complains...)

any solutions please ??? else, i'll have to resort to listening to i-radio on windows media player... *sigh*
danchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2004, 15:44   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

No idea. Works perfectly fine here, every time, without fail.

Try the suggestions in this troubleshooter,
in particular 1, 3 & 6

Maybe post a StartUpList

If relevant, also make sure your firewall is configured correctly to allow full internet access to winamp.exe

The only relevant settings in Winamp are to make Winamp the default PLS player (Prefs -> File Types)
and make sure the correct connection type is selected in Prefs -> General Prefs.

Something smells of corruption... ?!?!
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2004, 18:27   #7
chongman99

Firewall was the problem

I also had problems with getting Internet Radio to load up correctly. I cleared the internet cache, but it still didn't work.

It turned out to be a <b>firewall</b> problem. I had to let winamp have full access (In ZoneAlarm, allow both Access and Server).

Now I am grooving to Groove Salad.

Yay!
chongman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support