Old 13th October 2012, 11:08   #1
eures

Additional plugins for flv files

Hi all, I just downloaded an flv video from Youtube and attempted to play it in Winamp, but it doesn't happen nothing, could you please say me whether I have to install any additional plugin, I attache my list of plugins (5.63 pro)...
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (9.6 KB, 176 views)
eures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 12:52   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hi

Yes, the Nullsoft Flash Video Decoder (in_flv.dll) is missing from your list of Input Plugins.

It looks like you unchecked all of the Video Playback Support plugins in the Installer Options.

You will need to reinstall Winamp 5.63 (no need to uninstall first, just reinstall straight on top of your current installation)
and make sure the following is checkmarked under the "Multimedia Engine -> Video Playback" section
on the Choose Components page of the Installer Options:

-Flash Video (FLV)

-Plus (optionally) any of the other Video Playback plugins of your choice (DirectShow MPG, AVI, NSV, SWF, MKV, etc).

If the FLV videos still don't play, then you will probably need to also install the Extra FLV Decoder (H.263) from the Winamp Essentials Pack:
http://www.winamp.com/plugin/-/150126

You can uncheck everything else in the Essentials Pack installer options, if you wish.
Though I would recommend keeping the following checkmarked under the Media File Support section of the Choose Components page:
Apple Lossless Playback
Nullsoft AC3 Decoder
Nullsoft DTS Decoder
Nullsoft Flash Decoder v1.4 (h)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support