Old 8th March 2018, 16:24   #1
ICT Radio

Please help

Using Winamp and Shoutcast DSP to broadcast to Shoutcast. Using Auto connect mode. About an hour ago I reset pc because I couldn't hear broadcast even though the DSP was connected. Now the DSP is getting stuck on "Receiving authorization response" for about 10-15 seconds but doesn't connect to server. Haven't changed any settings and have never had any issues like this. Any help would greatly appreciated.
ICT Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 17:43   #2
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

when you reboot a source and the dsp does not properly close its connection to the server - it will not be able to reconnect until the server times out the phantom idle source - if you control the server, drop the source from there, if not (ie scss), you may have to wait until the server kills the idle source.

another posibility for a local dnas on windws - installing as a service will not be automatically be set to run on startup, so you'll need to go to services and start it and set it to run "automatically"

Last edited by djSpinnerCee; 8th March 2018 at 17:45. Reason: typo
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 23:02   #3
ICT Radio

Thank you DJ Spinner! It looks like other stations are having the same issue. Really appreciate your help though!!
ICT Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2018, 18:25   #4
trackusps

Hi. Can i know the exact detail of your issue? Receiving authorization response delay is your problem ?

Regards
Sandy (Founder of www-usps-tracking.com)
trackusps is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support