Old 7th June 2010, 18:15   #1
Cornflakes

YP Problem. Server not Public

Hey Guys,
sorry my English is not so good. I will try it. ;-)
A Server from my Webradio with Videostream has a Problem with YP. I see in the Log this:

<06/07/10@18:41:20> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/07/10@18:41:20> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://XXX:2550) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)
<06/07/10@20:01:58> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/07/10@20:01:58> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Relay url does not registered yet, wait for sometime)

The Server was before 4h in the public tv listing. Server is @ OVH. I have not change the Config. What is the problem? Oki, the Time is wrong - i will fix it. ;-)

Edit:
Okay, its a Public Problem? The SCTV List is empty?! oO

Thx for help.
Cornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 21:57   #2
Cornflakes

Okay Okay. All Streams in Url Field with: "http://*" will be blocked by Shoutcast. Why This? Will be fix it?
Old 8th June 2010, 22:09   #3
Cornflakes

Rofl? Ive set my server distributor from private to public. and now. the problem is gone? what is this? oO
Old 8th June 2010, 22:18   #4
tdo

Hi,
I get this error too:

<06/08/10@23:11:09> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/08/10@23:11:09> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Relay url does not registered yet, wait for sometime)

what does it mean and what can I do to fix it?
tdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 05:59   #5
Wharfe

Another case of this.. we have been getting it for the past couple of days out of nowhere.. have not made any changes recently.

<06/09/10@00:35:13> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/09/10@00:35:13> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Relay url does not registered yet, wait for sometime)

Also periodically we get:

<06/09/10@00:30:13> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/09/10@00:30:13> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://209.222.0.20:8000) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)
Wharfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 16:18   #6
infowars

We've seen the same issues... YP acting funny...

The problems started for us a couple of days ago too.

We were previously using a complicated relay structure to provide redundancy and get around an old YP listing limitation of 5000 max listeners per stream instance. (If you had a stream instance serving, say, 6500 listeners, YP would only show up to 5000. So we clustered multiple instances of 5000 each to get around this limitation.) That limitation seems to be gone now, but new weirdness has appeared.

We've simplified our configuration considerably as a result of the strange behavior of YP, to try to get our listing up again, but it's like dealing with a moving target.

Now we are down to two simple stream instances, geographically dispersed, same title information, etc., but currently only one is showing up on YP. Yesterday, we saw YP showing the combined total of both instances (like a cluster), but later in the day it broke and starting just showing one of the shoutcast instances. That's where we sit today so far.

So, the rules of the game with YP listing have changed, but we are not privy to the rules. Or perhaps they are just "tweaking" and working to improve things as we speak...

BTW, kudos for the directory listing service. In contrast to how the FCC has completely failed in it's duty to maintain the "public interest" with respect to licensing of stations in the US, the Internet, in comparison, is a breath of fresh air and needs to be maintained as a "free speech zone".

Last edited by infowars; 9th June 2010 at 18:02.
infowars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 17:17   #7
Waves216

Our servers are getting the same error on all three:

128K Relay:
<06/09/10@12:03:18> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/09/10@12:03:18> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Relay url does not registered yet, wait for sometime)

64K AAC relay
<06/09/10@16:47:57> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/09/10@16:47:57> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Relay url does not registered yet, wait for sometime)

24k aac relay
<06/09/10@17:13:26> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/09/10@17:13:26> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Relay url does not registered yet, wait for sometime)

This started after the main relay connection reset overnight. Still not up
Waves216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 17:23   #8
Wharfe

Who is still showing in the ShoutCast directory at this point?

One of our stations has totally disappeared, and some servers of our other station have disappeared.

Users who have been relying on the ShoutCast directory to tune in via mobile phones are unable to listen to us at all at the moment.
Old 10th June 2010, 12:43   #9
pperkins1

My station, suddenly disappeared from the Shoutcast Directory yesterday morning and has yet to come back up. Changed absolutely nothing with our settings.
Right now we are telling listeners to connect thru our temporary webpage which seems to connect just fine.
I don't understand why it appears that most of the stations are still listed fine, even those that list themselves as playing every genre of music there is, yet in reading this thread a few of us have disappeared.
Would really like to know if there is some reason for this, or if they are working on some configuration that just happened to "accidentally" make us disappear from the list...

Pete
http://www.timetrippinradio.com
#1 All-Time Greatest Hits, All Day, All Night
Blues, Jazz, R&B And Soul
pperkins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 13:41   #10
Clausel

Send a message via ICQ to Clausel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pperkins1 View Post
My station, suddenly disappeared from the Shoutcast Directory yesterday morning and has yet to come back up. Changed absolutely nothing with our settings.

same here...
Our stations also disappeared....
Clausel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 14:33   #11
Waves216

Trying with one of my streams I've changed the following to see if anything changes:

relayserver=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to myDNSaddress

Changed the server from Public to private and back

Still the same error in the logs

<06/10/10@14:22:36> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/10/10@14:22:36> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Relay url does not registered yet, wait for sometime)

All three of our stations are off the YP at this time. If anyone else is experiencing this issue please post your logs as well to help in the debugging.

By the looks of things there are many stations experiencing this error judging from the stations missing out of our Genre.

I'm wondering if this error "Relay url does not registered yet, wait for sometime" is something from the beta YP platform? There's no mention of it in any of the Forums on Shoutcast until now.
Old 11th June 2010, 00:10   #12
pperkins1

I have been thinking that this problem is being caused by the new genre categories being implimented. I went in and made absolutely certain that everything I had listed was on their new list, restarted my streaming server and then checked my Shoutcast DNAS logs once again. Even though I get the "yp.shoutcast.com added me successfully" message I'm still waiting to see if my listing comes back up in the directory when typing station name in the search function.
I do find it amazing that none of the moderators or someone that should know what is happening and what may be a possible fix for this has not written one word about it in this discussion, especially since it has been going on for days now.

Pete
http://www.timetrippinradio.com
#1 All-Time Greatest Hits, All Day, All Night
Blues, Jazz, R&B And Soul
pperkins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 02:16   #13
Waves216

I was reading in a thread that there V2 code pushed to the production YP this week. I have a feeling this may be part of the problem.

In this link:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=319793

He seemed to fix the problem with his station installing the Beta V2 sc_trans and sc_serv which seems to support the new code on the production YP.
This may fix the problem but I really don't want to run early Beta software with 3 servers. The stations are still serving connections and hopefully you have other means besides the YP getting listeners.

Fingers crossed things get restored shortly.
Old 11th June 2010, 04:31   #14
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
For me it was my firewall on the new YP2 push directory tester, not the old sc_serv. Details on my thread mentioned above.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 13:03   #15
miamigo

Our stations are also missing from the directory, but are fine on the Shoutcast D.N.A.S. administrator page which is showing the last 10 items played and that the station is online and how many are listening (via our webpage), if you click on the listen tag it sends the info to the player fine but nothing is found in the Directory.

So strange and frustrating,

Paul
miamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 13:23   #16
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

just something I picked up from a conversation yesterday it appears the YP2 will bascially not allow stations to go into the directory without pre-registration.

It can be seen in some of the error message, http://a.b.c.d/ not registered please wait etc, that this is/has been implemented.

I do not know if this is just for Sc_Serv2, however I suspect this may be a legal way to remove stations from the directory and distance themselves from liability etc.

BW

Without open minds the world will die. Open yours and correct the mistakes you are making right now.
bored_womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 14:55   #17
Waves216

My Error message on the logs have changed overnight. Now the logs on the relays are getting this:

<06/11/10@15:02:37> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/11/10@15:02:37> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Relay url could not register. Try by making primary source public or wait till primary registers.)

I've made the primary server temporarily public to see what happens. So far the server has not said its made a connection to the YP

How do we register the stations to get us back on the YP?
Old 12th June 2010, 11:23   #18
SoLoRiZe

Hi

Ive also been getting the following similar error on both my
shoutcast streams for almost a week now and my station
has stop being listed on shoutcast.

<06/12/10@11:08:24> [yp_add] error connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
<06/12/10@11:08:48> [yp_add] error connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
<06/12/10@11:09:12> [yp_add] error connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
<06/12/10@11:09:36> [yp_add] error connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
<06/12/10@11:10:00> [yp_add] error connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
<06/12/10@11:10:24> [yp_add] error connecting to yp.shoutcast.com

I have checked that it was not my firewall, but everything was fine there.
I also checked that I had a tick in the "Make this server public" which there was.

After reading a few other threads I see that other people are suffering
similar errors, but what I cant understand is why is it only effecting some
stations and not others which are currently still being listed?

Does anyone know when this problem is likely to be fixed?
If anyone can shed any light on this or let me know if there is a work
around to get back to being listed, I would be greatful.

Mark

+.:: MRD Photography ::.+
http://www.mrdphotography.co.uk
SoLoRiZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 12:59   #19
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Send a message via Skype™ to Brutish Sailor
If this is true for YP2, I hope YP2 is going to offer something nice in return, like allowing to list playlist files, maybe pretty URL action.

KNSJ.org 89.1 FM San Diego
Brutish Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 04:22   #20
Wharfe

This is still causing issues for us. A big problem with one of the stations is that one of its servers is not registering, and therefore, when the other server gets full, it won't pass on the connections to the non-registering server.. Lost listeners!! bad!!
Old 15th June 2010, 06:46   #21
Wharfe

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....=1#post2666600

----------------------------------------------

We did that on both stations and got the "added me successfully" message.

As of right now we are not showing in the directory, but the important thing is that the relays are now functioning correctly.

THANK YOU!

Edit: First station has begun to show on the YP, one of the servers. Let's hope the rest come!
Old 15th June 2010, 16:08   #22
Shirow
Major Dude

This did not fix it for me. My relay servers are already pointing to the DNS name.

My setup is:

Private master server feeds multiple public relays. I am getting the:

<06/15/10@17:35:54> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/15/10@17:35:54> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Relay url could not register. Try by making primary source public or wait till primary registers.)

error. I do not want to make my primary public. What is going on?

Shirow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 17:10   #23
dotme

They made a change. Try daisy-chaining your relays. That might work without forcing you to make the primary server public.

Private -> Public 1 -> Public 2 -> Public 3

Or...

Private -> Public 1
Public 1 -> Public 2
Public 1 -> Public 3

If this works, please post back here so that others know too. Thanks.
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 18:25   #24
Shirow
Major Dude

Nope, no luck. Only other thing I haven't tried is making my master relay public but since it is for 'RIP ONLY' I don't really want to.. I guess i can try it tonight, don't want to disconnect everyone right now

<06/15/10@19:56:51> [dest: 205.188.202.174] starting stream (UID: 1498)[L: 208]{A: SHOUTcast Directory Tester}(P: 101)
<06/15/10@19:56:52> [dest: 205.188.202.174] connection closed (0 seconds) (UID: 1498)[L: 207]{Bytes: 75672}(P: 101)
<06/15/10@19:56:54> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/15/10@19:56:54> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Relay url could not register. Try by making primary source public or wait till primary registers.)

Old 15th June 2010, 20:30   #25
couch-potato

Hello

Private -> Public 1 -> Public 2 -> Public 3 does not longer work. I did it this way for years.
now you need to change to : Public 1 -> Public 2 -> Public 3
I just discovered this by accident. A hidden Privat server as a source does not longer work. I might be wrong but since I changed the chain all my servers are back in the yp.
cheers
tom

btw. I do not have a clue why they change a running system and build in parallel the new yp2 infrastructure. they are real developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotme View Post
They made a change. Try daisy-chaining your relays. That might work without forcing you to make the primary server public.

Private -> Public 1 -> Public 2 -> Public 3

Or...

Private -> Public 1
Public 1 -> Public 2
Public 1 -> Public 3

If this works, please post back here so that others know too. Thanks.

##.:: www.lounge-radio.com ::.##
couch-potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 20:56   #26
Shirow
Major Dude

That really sucks. I tried changing 'PublicServer' to 'always' and leaving 'RIPOnly' to 'Yes' and it still shows my server as 'private'... I have to disable RIPOnly as well?

This is a really horrible change.

Old 15th June 2010, 21:01   #27
Shirow
Major Dude

I can confirm disabling 'RIPOnly' on my master server fixed the problem.. horrible change though, I assume this is a bug because it makes no sense as an intentional change.

Old 16th June 2010, 06:07   #28
Waves216

Thanks for this Shirow I was fiddling with RIPonly and was able to take the RIPonly status off our main but keep the relays on the YP once they reconnected.

I've done this on 3 of our streams and all three are back on the YP with the mains continuing as RIPServers here's the Steps: If anyone else can confirm these let us know. We might have a work around:

My setup on all three streams:
main(RIP) => relay (public)

Steps:
1) Enable RIP and make Main public
2) wait for yp.shoutcast.com added me successfully on MAIN and on RELAY
3) Disable RIP and Make Private on Main (RIPonly=yes)
4) Restart Main server DO NOT restart relays
5) Let relays reconnect
6) yp.shoutcast.com added me successfully on relay logs should appear

One server did give me this message:
<06/16/10@00:46:16> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/16/10@00:46:16> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Generic error)
Followed by:
<06/16/10@00:48:23> [main] SIGHUP; Flushing Log Files
and then:
<06/16/10@00:51:19> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com added me successfully
and most importantly:
<06/16/10@01:01:19> [yp_tch] yp.shoutcast.com touched!

So far so good. Don't know if they'll eventually be kicked or not but this is the 1st time our streams have been back on the YP in a week so I'll take it...
Old 16th June 2010, 07:55   #29
couch-potato

thanx Waves216, this worked for me.
the allover behavior of the yp is a bit strange, starting of june. but good to know its that easy, once you know how it works
cheers
tom

##.:: www.lounge-radio.com ::.##
couch-potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 13:21   #30
Shirow
Major Dude

Of course, the downside of this method is that if your relays ever restart for any reason, they will probably get de-listed again....

Old 16th June 2010, 14:58   #31
unixland

same problem with icecast as primary

Hi guys,

I have the same problem and error:
[yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Relay url could not register. Try by making primary source public or wait till primary registers.)

However, I can't resolve this since I am using a slightly different setup:

My primary server is an icecast stream from which I am relaying from with shoutcast server.

so it looks like this:

icecast (primary) => shoutcast (relay)

What can I do (other than to make a shoutcast primary server) to resolve this ? Any ideas ?

Best regards,

unixland
unixland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 15:52   #32
Shirow
Major Dude

I think you are screwed. If the master relay can't touch the YP, none of the others will work.

Old 16th June 2010, 16:44   #33
unixland

hmm, yes, but it did and was working perfectly before the 'june change'. why is it now not possible anymore ?
unixland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 18:00   #34
theedger

I get this message on two of our stations.

<06/16/10@16:46:54> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/16/10@16:46:54> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://205.188.215.228:8002) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)

I can direct tune into a relay but there is no listing and the primary IP doesn't roll over to the relays if tuned directly.

This is an AOL server so I'm lost at how to resolve the issue. All of our other stations are listing and relaying.
theedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 18:48   #35
Shirow
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixland View Post
hmm, yes, but it did and was working perfectly before the 'june change'. why is it now not possible anymore ?
Because Nullsoft has made it so the primary server has to register with the YP and your Icecast stream cannot do this.

Old 16th June 2010, 18:50   #36
Shirow
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedger View Post
I get this message on two of our stations.

<06/16/10@16:46:54> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/16/10@16:46:54> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://205.188.215.228:8002) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)

I can direct tune into a relay but there is no listing and the primary IP doesn't roll over to the relays if tuned directly.

This is an AOL server so I'm lost at how to resolve the issue. All of our other stations are listing and relaying.
Error seems to be accurate, I cannot access http://205.188.215.228:8002/ from the Internet either.

Old 16th June 2010, 19:14   #37
theedger

It finally made the listing again. Now 1 to go!

Last edited by theedger; 16th June 2010 at 21:58.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:39   #38
theedger

Here's what our only stream that isn't getting listed is showing...

<06/16/10@21:35:31> [dest: 64.12.243.204] service full, disconnecting
<06/16/10@21:35:31> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/16/10@21:35:31> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://205.188.215.229:8002) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)
<06/16/10@21:35:31> [http:216.82.42.61] REQ:"/7.html" (XML Getter (Mozilla Compatible))
<06/16/10@21:35:31> [http:216.82.37.179] REQ:"/7.html" (Mozilla)
<06/16/10@21:35:32> [dest: 207.200.96.134] service full, disconnecting

It looks the same to me as our other station that showed up again in the list. This too is an AOL server. Any idea why this one sill isn't showing up?
Old 16th June 2010, 22:55   #39
Shirow
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedger View Post
Here's what our only stream that isn't getting listed is showing...

<06/16/10@21:35:31> [dest: 64.12.243.204] service full, disconnecting
<06/16/10@21:35:31> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<06/16/10@21:35:31> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://205.188.215.229:8002) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)
<06/16/10@21:35:31> [http:216.82.42.61] REQ:"/7.html" (XML Getter (Mozilla Compatible))
<06/16/10@21:35:31> [http:216.82.37.179] REQ:"/7.html" (Mozilla)
<06/16/10@21:35:32> [dest: 207.200.96.134] service full, disconnecting

It looks the same to me as our other station that showed up again in the list. This too is an AOL server. Any idea why this one sill isn't showing up?
I posted this in response before but the error looks accurate. http://205.188.215.229:8002 is not reachable for me. Can you get to it?

Old 17th June 2010, 00:22   #40
theedger

Yes. I can access the server and look at the 20 relays connected. I just don't know why it won't list.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support