Old 15th May 2007, 11:49   #1
mhuhn

ogg vorbis transcoding for portables doesn't work

The transcoder works perfectly with ogg vorbis when used directly. Anyway, when I try to use it with my portable (Pocket PC, ActiveSync plugin) it doesn't. If the mp3 encoder is enabled then no matter what preference I chose, the ml uses mp3 (which works but is not what I want). When I put ogg vorbis to highly preferred and all the others to "don't use" all the tracks get stuck in "starting transfer...". What can I do?

my system: Winamp 5.33 Full, in_vorbis 1.48, in_mp3 4.04, gen_ml 3.1, ml_local 1.5, ml_pmp 1.13, ml_transcode 2.1, pmp_activesync 0.15, ActiveSync 4.5, HTC Artemis p3300, Windows Mobile 5.

Thanks
mhuhn
mhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 00:09   #2
Sp3EdeR

I have the same problem.
I've tested around with the different encoders as well.
MP3 and WMA worked; FLAC, OGG Vorbis, WAV did not start.
Also, WMA has always crashed for me with an access violation reading address 0. (I can create a memory dump if wanted.)
A guess maybe is that these formats don't have some reporting for their extension, making them illegal after checking the Supported Formats list.

Help would be very welcome. Or source code as well, if someone could point me to some place to get that.
Sp3EdeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 04:25   #3
Zero2FiftyIn4

Are you guys sure that your portables can handle the file types you are trying to put on there. Most players only play WMA or MP3...a few play ogg. Check your portables handbook to see what file types the can handle or google search to see what they can play.

"It is, in the end, whatever the Hell I want it to be,
And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole,
This wide, straight through the worlds own idea of itself.
They're throwing bottles at your house.
Come on, lets go break their arms."
Zero2FiftyIn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 09:36   #4
mhuhn

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero2FiftyIn4
Are you guys sure that your portables can handle the file types you are trying to put on there.
Yes, I am, I have some oggs working. The problem occurs during transcoding and transfering anyway.
mhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support