Old 28th June 2007, 06:33   #1
clementj

Hide library entries by tags

I would like to be able to have two (but some may want more) categories of library entries, active, and inactive. I would also like to be able to turn off the display of the inactive entries.

This could be achieved by multiple library lists. Or it could be achieved by using the existing tags as filters. I know it is possible to define smart view with a filtered list. But that is not a good solution because I need to have it behave like the Audio entry. It needs to have the artist and album screens available.

I suppose a smart view with the artist & Album list would be OK. Another possibility would be to have the artist and album lists in the smart views. But also the capability of having a third column in a smart view which could switch between different filters would fit the bill nicely. Another possibility would be to define a third column which could switch between different smart views which would be specified by the user.
clementj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 09:11   #2
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
You can add the Artist/Album panes to any smart view. Create or edit one and have a look on the third tab, the Filters tab. Is this what you are looking for?

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 14:42   #3
clementj

Thank you, that solves one problem. I would also like to be able to add a line to tipoff the user as to which view they are in. However, the number of files may slow down things like searching, so being able to have completely separate libraries in smart views might be a worthwhile feature. Completely separate libraries in smart views would also allow users complete flexability in putting stuff into categories.
clementj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist