Old 20th October 2003, 13:40   #1
Thunderball.se

Deskband!

#&%@!

This has been disabled in Winamp 3 for over a year, and now with this beta, it hasn't been enabled either?

I mean, the winshade modes of some skins are like made for putting inside a deskband, instead of cluttering the desktop!

PS. I saw the personal settings request... I hope those settings files will stay out of the "My Documents" folder, which some application seem fond of cluttering.
Thunderball.se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2003, 21:29   #2
Sawg

Plugin Search: Desk Band.

-personal settings for multiple user accounts go into \Application Data\ programs that use My Documents are wrong.
Old 21st October 2003, 14:04   #3
Thunderball.se

I know about those two plug-ins... but they aren't really skinnable like the main Winamp window is (which is suprising, since both Winamp and WMP9 are totally skinnable... including the WMP9 deskband, which looks totally fab... except that it lacks an open file button).

My point was that it had been pointed out to me awhile ago, that deskband support was already a part of Winamp 3, only disabled in release builds. Apparently, developing it hasn't been a priority, which I think is sad.
Old 21st October 2003, 16:06   #4
net-cruizer

I agree. There should be a built in Deskband or whatever it's called or would be called.
Anyways, it should work the same way as WMP9 to be any good. As in it should show when Winamp is minimized only, or allow the user options on how it would show up, etc. etc.
Sure would be cool if it did work pretty much exactly as WMP9 though, with VIS and all. Basicly thats the only cool thing in WMP9 but I aint gonna use that crap just for a cool deskband, lol.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2003, 02:08   #5
D&B
Banned

I highly agree that it should be there and that those plugins are shotty solutions (no offense to their developers.).

I remember brennan saying he liked that feature in WA9 once and he would like to do it, but I cant even keep straight who is doing what in Nullsoft now.
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2003, 07:23   #6
Rellik
Major Dude

the problem with some plugins is it kinda leaves the skinners out of the mainstream loop.

If the deskband is intergrated, than it ought to give skinners (heh, i almost wrote sinners) an oppurtunity to design their own deskbands to be included with their full skins.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2003, 08:50   #7
Thunderball.se

Is there a way to get an "official" reply on this?

Minimize to deskband was a great idea! Also, the winshade size in skins (even classic, I believe) ought to fit the taskbar, so no new special skin options/modifications should be necessary. It would be down to skin authors what functionality they'd want to include in their winshade variants, and how wide to make them.
Old 22nd October 2003, 17:57   #8
D&B
Banned

The official reply is pretty much "Not now, maybe later." as far as I am lead to understand.
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist