Old 18th May 2006, 07:40   #1
DJboutit

Send a message via AIM to DJboutit
Need Now Playing Script For My Website

Looking for Shoutcast Now Playing script so I can copy & past it to add it to my site where can I find this script
DJboutit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2006, 10:00   #2
Nick@ss

http://www.streamsolutions.co.uk/index.php?page=scripts

several can be found here.... php required...
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2006, 05:04   #3
networknova

Send a message via Yahoo to networknova
or http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=187590
networknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 00:54   #4
Guernica990

Whenever I use one of those scripts I get this:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to 74.52.7.107:8015 in /radio_stats.php on line 16

What does that mean?
Guernica990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 01:03   #5
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

That means either:

(1) Your PHP host does not allow making remote connections (ie: fopen(),fsockopen(),etc). It used to be easy to tell with phpinfo(), but just ask them to know for sure.

(2) The IP or port is wrong in your script, or the DNAS is not running -- the warning can be suppressed with: error_reporting(E_ERROR); early in the script (at least before fsockopen() is called), so that the script can continue and return "offline."
djSpinnerCee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 00:14   #6
mauliksp

provide hoster

Hi
this is for everyone out there for whom fsockopen command works.
Can you please provide which host providers do you use. Because i have called a couple of them and they all say that they do not allow that script command
mauliksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 11:42   #7
x5x_tim

I can't use it either
I use leadhoster.
Only works when I host my onw site @ localhost.
x5x_tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 17:27   #8
egon_freeman

There is always a different approach. For one, I use a simple bot (can be written in PHP and even turned into .exe by BamCompiler) for this. Here's how.

As with all free hosting (and sometimes even paid shared), most of fopen() wrappers will be disabled. In that case I:

1. write a little script that can passively receive data (for example once a minute by mymedia.php?nowplaying=Title&dj=DJ) and stores it in a file, for example nowplaying.db (or whatever). So the http page only RECEIVES, and You can't really block that.

2. on the other side (my server, or wherever) - use my BOT to parse the XML (or webpage) info from the source shoutcast server, extract the data (title, listeners etc. etc.) and SEND IT to that link once a minute.

3. on the webpage itself, just have to parse the nowplaying.db to get the fields' data

Hope it helps.

[Edit]

a) sorry for refreshing and old topic ^^ but I haven't seen this approach anywhere, and it just works

b) ON REQUEST, I could write the .exe app/php script that could be used as such a system, and let it be posted as a tool for sc serving/additional (along with source, no prob); such an app is also PERFECT for keeping logs of what's playing on the air (like for those pesky rights management organizations, if You're on license)
egon_freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 18:22   #9
scb2k

Quote:
Originally posted by egon_freeman
There is always a different approach. For one, I use a simple bot (can be written in PHP and even turned into .exe by BamCompiler) for this. Here's how.

As with all free hosting (and sometimes even paid shared), most of fopen() wrappers will be disabled. In that case I:

1. write a little script that can passively receive data (for example once a minute by mymedia.php?nowplaying=Title&dj=DJ) and stores it in a file, for example nowplaying.db (or whatever). So the http page only RECEIVES, and You can't really block that.

2. on the other side (my server, or wherever) - use my BOT to parse the XML (or webpage) info from the source shoutcast server, extract the data (title, listeners etc. etc.) and SEND IT to that link once a minute.

3. on the webpage itself, just have to parse the nowplaying.db to get the fields' data

Hope it helps.

[Edit]

a) sorry for refreshing and old topic ^^ but I haven't seen this approach anywhere, and it just works

b) ON REQUEST, I could write the .exe app/php script that could be used as such a system, and let it be posted as a tool for sc serving/additional (along with source, no prob); such an app is also PERFECT for keeping logs of what's playing on the air (like for those pesky rights management organizations, if You're on license)
I would love it if you could write the .exe app/ppg script!!
scb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 09:39   #10
demonas

I Have found an html code for now playing status and how much listeners you have online but i cant change background color .. soz for my english :P

<IFRAME SRC='http://95.154.227.120/fr1.php?b=(ip address)&a=(port)' WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=18 FRAMEBORDER=0 SCROLLING=no
ALIGN=center></IFRAME>
demonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 04:16   #11
Hits93Toronto

Don't work!
Hits93Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 23:48   #12
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hits93Toronto View Post
Don't work!
Almost 4 years old, it's no wonder

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 00:06   #13
Bryon Stout

lol
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions