Old 4th January 2010, 15:14   #1
rmoribayashi

Angry I'm tired of DSP reviewers crying VIRUS!

Can't someone delete all the fake/mistaken virus warnings in the DSP reviews. I'm sure some are just from users who can't recognize an anti-virus false alarm, but most are malicious and mean spirited attempts to discourage people from downloading many useful tools.
rmoribayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 15:12   #2
rmoribayashi

Have you ever read a DSP Plug-in review?

I'm not talking about the forums. I'm talking about the DSP Plug-ins section of the main Winamp site. The reviews are full of venomous rants claiming that many of the DSP plug-ins are some kind of infection. If someone can't get a plug-in to work on their particular system a bad review is to be expected, but very few Winamp plug-ins are infected. I don't know if they are venting frustration or just trying to dis a competitor, but these reviewers seem to think that if it disrupts their computer it must be a virus. Winamp should have a mechanism for removing these spurious reviews.
rmoribayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 15:20   #3
DrO

rmoribayashi: ignore marykom's post as it's a poor attempt at spamming from what i can work out.

as for the reviews, i don't think there is a way to remove reviews placed (well there's definitely nothing reviewers are able to do about the issue). sadly that's just how it goes and has generally been when it comes to winamp.com submissions, people will do what they can to complain but won't post good things *shrugs*

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 18:21   #4
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Best would be, if they would remove the whole comment feature. Many idiots rate with 1 star, because their fucked up PCs don't work. Most of these issues have nothing to do with the plugin.

That's one of the main reasons, why I rarley read comments on PC websites.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Site Design