Old 6th July 2012, 13:29   #1
ysayita

Winamp Crushes on Startup

I have been using Winamp since its first version. Last year I updated it to the latest version and afterwards it started to crush and I could not use it for a long time. Two days ago, I purchased a new laptop and made a clean installation to that PC. Then I installed Winamp to that PC and now it has the same problem with that. When I try to run winamp.exe, it crushes and Windows Error Reporting page appears. I changed the starting parameters from Windows' properties and tried to run it with Windows XP SP3 compability mode and got a different error that I took a screenshot of it and that screenshot is attached. I tried to find a solution from the forums but could not achieve a solid one.

If you could help me, I would be grateful.

Regards;

Yusuf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winampException.png
Views:	135
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	49768  
ysayita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 14:21   #2
DrO

first, uncheck _all_ compatibility settings on the program properties - that has been known to cause issues (especially on Vista / Windows 7 machines) like the one you are seeing which is related to the skin being used.

secondly do a clean install as per http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....=1212729#clean and ensure that you install the current version which is 5.63 at the time of this reply (as from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=345684).

if that still doesn't help then either something else on the machine is interfering with Winamp and it's modern skin support and you might need to try selecting 'Winamp Classic' for the skin during the setup process where it allows you to select the skin to use.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 19:18   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Yusuf,

just fyi, its "crash" not "crush"

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 09:13   #4
ysayita

Hi;

I removed all settings. You may find the details of the exception attached. Winamp ran perfect for first two days. I was installing Microsoft Updates. Then it crashed today. There are no 3rd party plugins.

Regards;

y.

PS: @MrSinatra I have a crush for winamp but can't express myself except these kind of mistakes.
Attached Files
File Type: txt details.txt (510 Bytes, 188 views)
ysayita is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports