Old 26th October 2007, 16:21   #41
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm... weird. I'm not sure why it's still not accessible for some people. Is it just Russia and Sweden, or is it happening for anyone anywhere else in the world?

http://winamp.benski.org/xlat/xlat.html is the homepage
(well, it's the only page, tbmp, heh).
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 16:33   #42
siebe83
Forum King

It wasn't working for me up to a few hours ago, but now it works.
(I'm in the Netherlands)

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 23:29   #43
flocksoft
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by E-Trance
Three days passed. It still don't work
you can solve with proxy servers... or, just to test, and with no browser/proxy tweaking, use a free service like this: http://www.webwarper.net/
flocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 08:38   #44
E-Trance

Send a message via ICQ to E-Trance
Thanks but problem is solved without any proxies
E-Trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 18:41   #45
BoyNG

Send a message via ICQ to BoyNG
If I get wrong topic, Sorry.
I think AOL not seriously think about Russian peoples, (Im about buy Winamp Pro and price for it and about Russian language pack). Registration for Russian user so hard! And payment type not useable. And sane price is near 4-5 euro. Its not understatement a price, its reality for smaller wages in Russian.
If AOL wants to let pay Russians peoples:
1. Russian web-page needed
2. Payment type needed like ******** (so useable in exUSSR) or gate from ******** system
3. Price smaller
4. And PR in forums and in langpack about normal price and Russian user supporting (but now im support by ICQ for free)
BoyNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 16:10   #46
Nureyev

Quote:
Originally posted by BoyNG
If I get wrong topic, Sorry.
I think AOL not seriously think about Russian peoples, (Im about buy Winamp Pro and price for it and about Russian language pack). Registration for Russian user so hard! And payment type not useable. And sane price is near 4-5 euro. Its not understatement a price, its reality for smaller wages in Russian.
If AOL wants to let pay Russians peoples:
1. Russian web-page needed
2. Payment type needed like ******** (so useable in exUSSR) or gate from ******** system
3. Price smaller
4. And PR in forums and in langpack about normal price and Russian user supporting (but now im support by ICQ for free)
Mr. BoyNG, it should be created Nullsoft Russia

Last edited by Nureyev; 11th November 2007 at 16:53.
Nureyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 18:31   #47
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Status Update

The French, German, Spanish & Polish lang packs have been greatly improved for 5.51

The Italian lang pack has been updated, but not quite as much as the ones above.

The Swedish lang pack has still received no updates.

Funnily enough, the thread starter (Znyper2) was from Sweden,
but this is the only lang pack that hasn't received any updates...

If anyone else wants to volunteer for doing the Swedish lang pack, then please be my guest. Send me a pm, and I'll provide you with all the details.

Be sure to subscribe to the Translations Mailing List and visit the public Xlat site:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....62#post2251662
Old 22nd November 2007, 20:58   #48
BoyNG

Russian pack, please
http://sidy*****winamp/Winamp-ru-ru.rar
("...+.wlz" its version with add main menu items)
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:25   #49
DrO

well apart from the huge prefs size change/information at the bottom which is the reason for the readme.txt in the wlz - not to go at the bottom of the prefs dialog which really puts it out of place from everything else and definitely prevents it from being used as an official wlz if that was to be the case...

also what are these main menu additions meant to be since it looks like you've done some on both wlz implementations??

i can't judge the quality of the translation since russian isn't a language i can read/follow but i'm just a bit concerned with the non-standard additions made to parts of the resources (something that is a direct translated replacement of the english client is the point of the wlz).

also why not send a preview to the xlat list before posting publically?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 12:20   #50
BoyNG

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
well apart from the huge prefs size change/information at the bottom which is the reason for the readme.txt in the wlz - not to go at the bottom of the prefs dialog which really puts it out of place from everything else and definitely prevents it from being used as an official wlz if that was to be the case...
ok, information about support for Russian peoples at the bottom im remove for official build

Quote:
also what are these main menu additions meant to be since it looks like you've done some on both wlz implementations??
never mind, about wlz with additional items, RAR contain it because its link use just as how non official wlz's on other site (its special for some russian users build)

Quote:
i can't judge the quality of the translation since russian isn't a language i can read/follow but i'm just a bit concerned with the non-standard additions made to parts of the resources (something that is a direct translated replacement of the english client is the point of the wlz).
about quality of the translation: many users appreciate like most full. Non-standard additions in offical build offcause be off, after update to WLZ 5.1 version

Quote:
also why not send a preview to the xlat list before posting publically?
-daz
my build russian user may use for a long time on other site.
And how I may send files to lists? Im try to send some file bigger than 40kb and get "The reason it is being held:
Message body is too big..."
Old 29th November 2007, 03:44   #51
Stevie13

Send a message via ICQ to Stevie13
Re: Hungarian translation

Quote:
Originally posted by gLes
I'd like to volunteer for the Hungarian Language Pack.
I would also like to volunteer for the Hungarian Language Pack. I already sent a PM to gLes about this. As I have some spare time, I just might be able to attack some of those 40k+ words to translate.

Tell me what you think.
Stevie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2007, 23:08   #52
provolino

Quote:
Originally posted by flocksoft
@DJ Egg
for italian I could help (already subscribed to mailing list some day ago but now I don't have my own PC); I've noted some errors/clipped texts; I think tomorrow evening I'll send the corrections

bye
If you need help with the italian translation, just ask
provolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 01:25   #53
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Dr O, there's a new type language pack in the publishing queue. Could you take a look at it, please?
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 16:06   #54
Azur3

Hy people! I like to volunteer to help making the Hungarian Language Pack. What should I do?

I've just started a translation two hours ago from the German language of the 5.51 version, but there are some strings that I can't translate to Hungarian.
Azur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 16:36   #55
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Why are you using my language file as reference, it's a lil' bit difficult, isn't it?

http://winamp.benski.org/xlat/xlat.html

There you can find the English example language file and basic instructions, but it's still the old 5.50 example file.

Feel free to contact me via PM, then I can give you the English 5.51 example file.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 17:03   #56
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Azur3
Hy people! I like to volunteer to help making the Hungarian Language Pack. What should I do?

I've just started a translation two hours ago from the German language of the 5.51 version, but there are some strings that I can't translate to Hungarian.
Sziastok Stevie and Azur3!

Please get a hold of gLes (he posted on the first page of this thread). We are trying to enforce a "one owner per language" policy to keep things consistent and to prevent unnecessary work.
Benski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 21:29   #57
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

I've updated the winamp-en-us.wlz on the xlat and mirror sites to the 5.51 version.

See xlat mailing list for further info.
Old 5th January 2008, 15:04   #58
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildrose-Wally
there's a new type language pack in the publishing queue. Could you take a look at it, please?
i've no access to the review system so i'm not able to do that.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2008, 12:15   #59
E-Trance

Quote:
ok, information about support for Russian peoples at the bottom im remove for official build
Ha ha... I noticed you that you'll have to remove it.

To all the translators...
Don't make the interface ugly by adding superfluous elements to and resizing it. The end user should get the same interface even if it was translated because he got accustomed to original version. I think that all the credits must be put into readme.txt but not into any dialog box.
Old 9th January 2008, 11:07   #60
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Language Packs

Russian
Korean

yay!
Old 12th January 2008, 21:28   #61
BoyNG

DJ Egg, why we dont have a chance to place in 'Language Packs' few versions of Translation (im about Russian)?
Im too try to add my work but his restricted.
Me and E-Trance work separated and have different style of translation. And some users love my version, some users love E-Trance version...
And I think all versions have a chance to life.
Old 19th January 2008, 13:36   #62
E-Trance

How official translations are made? Using English template, right? Then why you can't publish updated templates as soon as new version is released? I am talking about this - http://winamp.benski.org/xlat/xlat.html - I want to update the lang pack but there is no updated template
Old 19th January 2008, 15:16   #63
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm... let me just check to see if that's the latest version on there.
I'm pretty certain I updated it to the 5.51 version,
and that there aren't really any changes for 5.52

I also seem to remember posting a message to the xlat mailing list about this,
and included a link to the latest template....

[edit]

Yup, that's the latest 5.51 template, from 25th Dec 2007

As soon as there's any updates available, either me, DrO or Benski will post about it to the mailing list.

Benski is also working on a diff tool, that'll show exactly what's changed between release versions :-)

@BoyNG

I think we clearly stated that there should only be one lang pack for each language, and that if more than one person is working on the same language, then you should liaise and work together to make just one lang pack.

Though to be honest, I really aren't sure what the situation is with regards to winamp.com submissions and multiple lang packs for the same language...

At a guess, if there's a situation where it's a case of the same country/language but a different region/dialect, then you should specify so in the filename and lang-id.

If both the filenames & lang-id's are different, then this will be seen as a different translation by the system.

If the country & lang-id are the same, then if it's accurate, the translations should be exactly the same - and therefore there's no need for there to be two different lang packs for the same language.
Old 19th January 2008, 16:20   #64
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
Though to be honest, I really aren't sure what the situation is with regards to winamp.com submissions and multiple lang packs for the same language...
The policy I will be following is this:

1. If winamp is released in a specific language, there's no need for a language pack for that language, and the pack will be re-jected.

2. If a pack is submitted that is NOT in an official multi language release by Nullsoft, we will accept and publish that pack, provided we don't already have one in that language in the database.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 16:40   #65
E-Trance

Quote:
I'm pretty certain I updated it to the 5.51 version,
and that there aren't really any changes for 5.52
Ohh... Sorry. I was thinking there will be update for every winamp version.

I don't know why but the command line tool I made wasn't accepted in the translation mailing list. This is an XML translation helper. It can merge old (translated) wasabi.xml to a new (containing new strings that should be translated) to one file. Already translated strings will be re-translated and program will ask to move the (extra)strings that were not found in a new file. One problem is that it doesn't support Unicode. So you'll need to convert files before using this tool.

Here it is: http://entrase.cjcity*****files/xmltrhlp.zip
Old 25th January 2008, 09:42   #66
E-Trance

I can't update the language pack!
When I'm trying to edit existing publication it says "Damn! Your submission doesn't exist!". But it does exist! And it was uploaded! So what's wrong?!

http://smages.com/i/c4/f4/c4f41c32d3...bff9bc1634.gif
Old 16th October 2011, 15:48   #67
sl028

How do I upload a language pack ?
sl028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 16:04   #68
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
If you created a language pack for winamp you can upload this to winamp.com plugins section.
Here: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/language-packs/9

To do this, you need to be registered user of winamp.com. This is three steps:
1. Register account
2. Upload a plugin (Language Pack)
3. Wait for verification and acceptation

Thats all.
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 16:29   #69
sl028

Thanks for the response Pavel, I will upload in a couple of days.
sl028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion