Old 14th May 2012, 20:06   #1
armagnac

Background input noises

Hi, I have just started broadcasting. When my input is winamp, everything works fine but when i try using stereo mix or line in's, i have a constant noise in input which isn't the result of anything i'm using. I have installed all the new drivers and at one point i even tried unplugging my mic and my speakers but nothing seems to work. It seems like it roots somewhere deeper and I can't figure out where. Any ideas?

Edit: I just realised that when i start broadcasting, the noise keeps raising and after a point it loops the same 10-15 seconds i just broadcasting but with a very loud noise in the background. Still not making any sense to me.
armagnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 23:28   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Almost sounds like internal feedback. Which is odd since the DSP doesn't actually modify the contents of any of the incoming or outgoing data buffers, it just records the input audio device and sends them out (after encoding them.) Only thing I can think of is to make sure that your soundcard only has the devices you are using unmuted (mute everything except Stereo Mix, Mic, Wave, and Master Volume) and that if you have any external patch cables that they aren't also causing feedback.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
input, noise, problem