Old 24th December 2003, 06:49   #1
EL-VIS2

How to edit a WA3-Component(AVS) in my profile?

When trying to update/edit my AVS released in WA3 I get error messages for primary and secondary category ("Invalid argument suplied..."

So how to edit these? Or is this impossible and I have to delete them and resubmit for WA5?
EL-VIS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2003, 07:09   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Posted in wrong forum. Moving now from Winamp Tech Support to AVS Presets forum, where your questions can be answered.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2003, 09:10   #3
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

eehm Nunzio390, this has nothing to do with creating presets, so I suggest you re-move (not remove) this to another fourum.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2003, 01:35   #4
UnConeD
Whacked Moderator

;-c,rattaplan was right... the question is, is it possible to salvage old Winamp3 components from the database, or are they lost?

Moved again (sorry to play thread ping-pong, but there doesn't seem to be a place where Winamp.com related stuff can be asked?)

UnConeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2004, 07:07   #5
EL-VIS2

OK, since there was no answer on this I decided to delete my WINAMP3 submissions and upload the edited versions to WINMAP5. Now they are waiting to be reviewed by the staff.

So far so good but also I tried to EDIT an old WINMAP2-submission ( EL-vis X Cyberpunx ) with an updated EXE/installer and images fitting the new WINAMP5 layout. It was rereleased today but nothing exept the description changed -> old EXE and old images. So what to do now?
Old 19th January 2004, 07:17   #6
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Nobody knows where the WA3 components went, the presets should've been merged with the WA2 ones, but I don't think they were.
Resubmitting was the best thing to do.
On updating plugins (and skins), there is a problem with the new screenshots that have to be worked out yet, wait a couple of weeks and try again.
New submission should work fine though.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2004, 07:29   #7
EL-VIS2

OK, but not only the new screenshot is missing, the EXE-file is the wrong/old one too!!!
Old 19th January 2004, 07:39   #8
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

In that case, I guess they are in the same category as the screenshots, and can't be updated at this time.
Hope they get it worked out soon.
If you want you can make a new submission and delete the old one, but you will loose the download count and comments, and the name can not be exactly the same..

I lost the download count on my skins without making new submissions, guess I should stop testing the system with them, eh?
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support