Old 3rd November 2009, 15:35   #1
remi2306

Talking support for 160gb 7th gen ipod

Hello again,

I've been using ml_ipod for more than a year with my old 6th gen ipod and it's been amazing not using itunes since day 1, ml_ipod is the best program for transfering music to the ipod, however, I just bought the new 160GB ipod, advertised as 7th gen, and although ml_ipod recognized it, some of the files in the library are corrupt and I haven't been able to transfer them again, actually, the first time I tried had to install itunes(it was like allowing a virus in my PC) to restore the ipod.

So please guys, please, help us with support for this new ipod, I just don't want itunes in my computer ever again.

Greetings to all and thanks a lot from south America, you rock.

REMI
remi2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:53   #2
Reaper
Forum King

I recently had to replace my 120 with a 160. It works fine with ml_iPod. Try formatting it with ml_iPod and reupload your data.

ml_iPod - [Homepage] | [Forums] | [Wiki]
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 15:27   #3
remi2306

Quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
I recently had to replace my 120 with a 160. It works fine with ml_iPod. Try formatting it with ml_iPod and reupload your data.

Thanks for the suggestion man, I had to re try it a couple times but it's all working fine now
Old 9th November 2009, 20:44   #4
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Good to hear. Is that with the newest firmware? I heard rumours that they added a new encryption scheme to the classic again, which would make ml_iPod not work with them...

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 20:58   #5
remi2306

Quote:
Originally posted by abu
Good to hear. Is that with the newest firmware? I heard rumours that they added a new encryption scheme to the classic again, which would make ml_iPod not work with them...
Thanks for replying, it's been almost two weeks and I've had the "can't write database" error quite a lot, once I had to try like 4 times. I've reinstalled both winamp and ml_ipod a few times but the issue is still happening, although it's a bit of a problem restarting and all, it's a million times better than having itunes and all the songs and artwork are there...
Old 24th November 2009, 01:04   #6
vanflatlander

what? so you mean that you actually got it to work? I need to get this virus (itunes) off my computer... I wonder if it works for the nano, I could care less if the camera works or anything, bottom line is I just dont want itunes anywhere near being installed on my machine.
vanflatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 01:18   #7
remi2306

Quote:
Originally posted by vanflatlander
what? so you mean that you actually got it to work? I need to get this virus (itunes) off my computer... I wonder if it works for the nano, I could care less if the camera works or anything, bottom line is I just dont want itunes anywhere near being installed on my machine.
I've been using ml_ipod for quite some time now, I just had to install horrible itunes once to restore the ipod but as soon as that was over I uninstalled it and hopefully for good, I hope you are able to do the same.
Old 1st December 2009, 22:01   #8
Stupifier
Major Dude

So if I am hearing correctly....people ARE successfully using ml_iPod with 7th gen iPods? For whatever reason, that sounds too good to be true (damned apple software team)
Stupifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 18:37   #9
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

I think it all comes down to the right firmware version. As it seems to be the case, Apple tries to update the firmware for almost all models these days, which introduces the new encryption everywhere, and makes ml_iPod unusable. Personally, I will not go for any firmware update any more, too risky.

ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Old 17th January 2010, 03:19   #10
DarthGymRat67

Smile Does work with 160GB Classic!

After reading this thread I was truly worried that my only method of managing my 60GB iPod Photo was going to be obsoleted by the 160GB iPod Classic. Much to my surprise, I found that I could use WinAmp/ml_ipod with my 160GB Classic. Granted, the Classic has never seen iTunes, so I was probably saved from the iTunes 9 curse! I have even started updating all my cover art using WinAmp/ml_ipod and updating the classic and have no issues. My Classic has 2.0.3 firmware, but not sure if that is relevent.

Thanks Abu for all you do!
DarthGymRat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 19:06   #11
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Thanks for the report. So at least we know one FW version that works for sure.

Old 20th January 2010, 14:12   #12
karo0202

I didn't know when I received my new ipod 160Gb that it wasn't supposed to work with mlipod... So I sync'd like I did before with my 60gb and for the first few syncs it worked fine.
But now I have more and more items in my media library, and winamp often crash when I try to sync (during the "add album art" part), which is pretty irritating because the database can't be written and I have to repair it each time (takes a loooonng time).
Perhaps it's because my media library is too large and on an external HDD ? (20 000 files - 80 gb).
karo0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 19:50   #13
diggeryo

FYI--Just got ml_ipod to work with syncing a new 160 GB iPod 7th generation with firmware v2.0.4.

I did have to choose my device as an "iPod Classic 6th generation" in order to get it to work, though.
diggeryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion