Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

View Poll Results: Want more advanced organization?
YES - i like more personal customization 0 0%
NO - it's fine the way it is 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th September 2010, 22:44   #1
GravAMP

eMule-like sorting in ML

Make the columns in the Media Library sort more like eMule's columns, successively remembering which columns were previously clicked. Giving each currently clicked column higher sorting priority than the previously selected one. The way it works now, if I click on the disc column in the tracks pane and select several albums the secondary sort is the track number giving the first tracks of all albums selected followed by the second tracks and so on... I would prefer it if the secondary sort was the album name followed by the year or whatever else I chose.

eMule uses a simple method to get complex custom sorting. It simply remembers the previously clicked columns sorting orders and applies them recursively. So if I had six columns [a, b, c, 1, 2, 3] and I clicked them in this order 2<, b<, c>, 1<, 3>, a< (<=forward sort, >=backward sort), then my list of items would be sorted in exactly all of those orders giving the highest priority from last clicked to first clicked (right to left). So a< would be my primary sort followed by 3> and so on...

You could even go one step further and allow users to save their custom sorting results in the same way we save equalizer presets (the one thing that annoys me about eMule's sorting is when i click on a column by accident I lose my long lived complex sorting and have to remember how to redo it in the exact same order ) or have an undo function similar to the playlist undo plug-in.
GravAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
media library, organization, sorting