Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Old 12th March 2010, 04:40   #1
juniorx

queue list resets when winamp gives error and shut down

hi. my playlist is so long and i use queue list with checking the option "restore the queue list when winamp starts". but if winamp gives error and shutdown anytime, then my queue list resets. how can i prevent this. i can not save it or make a new playlist because i always change it, queue list is best. how can i prevent it erasing queue list?? thanks..
juniorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2010, 11:56   #2
DrO

it's by design to remove the queue list once loaded & to save it out on a succesful close as when the feature was implemented often not doing it like that would cause issues on loading if the back-up queue list was corrupted.

i've logged the request and will likely implement an ini only option when the plug-in implementing the queue feature is next updated though i may have a think over things and possibly remove the removal action completely (not sure yet).

any updates to the plugin will be notifed here or here

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 09:15   #3
DrO

this is now implemented in the my internal build (still a while away from a new release however) where it'll preserve the file unless the queue is emptied and there's a valid close and restart of Winamp carried out. i'm hoping that will suffice as i've now re-worked my playlist handling to deal with the issues that caused the behaviour (was done to deal with corrupt playlist files which i now deal with differently).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist