Old 19th June 2013, 10:22   #1
Sagehorn

Stop after selected track in playlist

Hi there

I guess it's clear what I'm searching for.
The jump-feature is quite hepful, but i haven't found a way to stop after a special track in my playlist. Did i overlook something? Is it possible? Is there a plug-in?

Thx for readin
Sagehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 10:45   #2
DrO

there is no native per-track option. there was a plug-in but it was removed.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 11:16   #3
Sagehorn

maybe another thread for the wishlist
Old 19th June 2013, 11:33   #4
DrO

it's already in the wishlist (and was when i'd replied - was just a redirect from where you'd originally posted it so you'd not wonder wtf had happened to the thread).
Old 5th August 2013, 19:35   #5
siavash119

Simplest way I can think to stop at a certain track is queue (in jump-to-file) all the song you want to listen to, move the track you want to end with to the end of your playlist, and turn off repeat. The playlist will go through your queue and end at the song you specified. This process isn't one click, but it should work.
siavash119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 04:32   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by siavash119 View Post
Simplest way I can think to stop at a certain track is queue (in jump-to-file) all the song you want to listen to, move the track you want to end with to the end of your playlist, and turn off repeat. The playlist will go through your queue and end at the song you specified. This process isn't one click, but it should work.
For those who don't want to rearrange their songs in the playlist editor's listing, the selected songs can be added to the jtfe queue manager. Then open (or switch to) the queue manager window and rearrange (if needed) and playback songs from there. Commands can be added to the playlist editor's "Send to:" and/or "Jump to file" context menus to add the selected songs to the queue manager. Look in the General Preferences jump to file options.

Normally when the end of queue is reached, playback returns to the playlist editor and resumes from there. A queue manager context menu command to shutdown Winamp when all the songs in the queue are played is available. Another command to just stop playback is also available, but it currently has a bug that causes Winamp to crash if either or both of the song tracking options are enabled in the General Preferences media library options.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 14:48   #7
Sagehorn

Yes, i thought it's possible somehow like that. But imagine i'm a 14 year old girlie
Old 8th August 2013, 15:02   #8
DrO

you wouldn't be on these forums if that was the case...
Old 8th August 2013, 15:48   #9
Sagehorn

lol. Please don't take it too literally

With my sexist utterance i just wanted to say, that maybe users with less skills could have the same intention as me. And I think, winamp is and should always be a player for the masses.
Old 10th August 2013, 13:44   #10
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Everyone,

I need to make a correction for the statement I made in post #6 above about a Winamp bug. It turns out the issue is caused by a 3rd party output plug-in I was using and not Winamp.

The queue manager option to stop playback when the end of the queue is reached works fine with the official Winamp output plug-ins.

Sorry for the miss-information.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist