Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 8th February 2014, 16:42   #1
jbeyel

SOS! I Really need help getting droid phones to connect to live broadcasts!!

Hellllppppp!!!! I need this solution badly and asap! I have a website with a connection to live broadcast (URL is cp.usa4.fast4u.com:2199/tunein/camdenco.pls)which works fine for iTunes/iphones but the droids are not able to connect to this. What do I need to do? Have them use a different extension other than .pls and , if so, what is the extension????
jbeyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 17:01   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hi

Android doesn't natively support pls or m3u playlists, and the Winamp Android app doesn't either...yet.

It would need to be a direct link to the actual stream...
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 20:14   #3
jbeyel

Correct..I created a website..the droid user can get to websites and then hit the tab button there to take you to the broadcast...sort of a way to circumvent a direct feed. Still, it needs to be able to read the URL...This method worked perfectly for iphone users..they load up the website and then hit the tab button and they are in but , then again, the extension there is a .pls which is what iTunes/iphones uses...

Does Droid etc. recognize or use windows media player? that is an .asx extension
Old 8th February 2014, 23:40   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hi again.

As I said, it will need to be a direct link to the actual stream, not a playlist.

e.g. just: cp.usa4.fast4u.com:2199 or cp.usa4.fast4u.com:2199/stream or whatever it is...

Ideally, you'd use a script on your site which detects Android OS,
and then auto-loads the relevant page/tab with just the direct link to the stream itself.

Then Android users will press the link and it will open in their default player (or they'll be prompted to choose an app to open it with),
or they can long press > copy > paste it into the player.

Hopefully, in a forthcoming version of our Android app, we will implement native support for at least .m3u, maybe also .pls

Although I don't personally use any of them, there's probably already some music players for Android that already support .m3u playlists...
Old 9th February 2014, 00:12   #5
jbeyel

not sure you understood my memo...I have a directlink URL under the button on the website. The button simply serves as an activator. The direct link URL is not working for driod phones but works perfectly for iphone systems...My question,then,is what is the correct extension to be added at the end of the URL. The current one a using is ".pls" which works for iTunes/phones and winamp accounts but does not work for droids..

the precise URL is

cp.usa4.fastcast4u.com:2199/tunein/camdenco.pls where the pls is not working for droids.
Old 9th February 2014, 11:02   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hello again,

I understood you, but I don't think you are understanding me...

A stream url ending with whatever.pls is not a direct link to the stream.
It's a playlist file which in turn links to the actual stream.

http://cp.usa4.fastcast4u.com:2199/tunein/camdenco.pls is now working (the link wasn't working before).

After saving that .pls playlist file to disk and opening it in Notepad,
I can see that the direct link to the actual stream is:

http://usa4.fastcast4u.com:5150

So this is the direct link that you will need to provide for Android users.

Although that particular stream url is currently not working,
it just returns an ICY 401 Service Unavailable error.
Though I presume it will be working at some point eventually, right?
Old 9th February 2014, 23:44   #7
jbeyel

I will look into it this evening! Thanks a ton for your help and, yes, I was NOT understanding you...LOL I will work on this and see what I can get done...danka
Old 10th February 2014, 00:45   #8
jbeyel

I was able to input the direct feed URL into the Droid ..this did bring me to a shoutcast screen that did show my broadcast info..the screen had tabs on it listing such things as "listen", "stream URL", and admin login but hitting the listen and/or the stream URL buttons produced negative results?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support