Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Hard ons all round!
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2007, 16:54   #4
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
omfg, i tried this game and NOWHERE did i see anything near what those screens look like...

i absolutely hated this game, it could have been good too, i'm not really sure why i didn't like it though, something about it just rubbed me the wrong way, not to mention that being able to zoom so far out leaves you with nothing but little insects for units which are nearly impossible to select at that vantage, i just didn't think viewing the whole "war stage" was a good draw for a C&C type game, all in all i thought this game was utterly horrible and have removed it from my computer after playing it merely 6 times, i did give it a chance, but in the end, it was worse than the fiasco that ensues when i made the mistake of purchasing a tom clancy game, which i might add did include me being 100% UNABLE in ANY way shape or form to even figure out where i was being shot from, and took me less than 2 rooms into the first level to get extremely frustrated and nearly burn the box/cd in spite.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2007, 03:06   #5
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

I picked up sup com this morning.

The install took a bit longer than most recent games, but it did have to move ~9GB so that's forgivable. It also gave me some time to read through the manual.

Once it finished the install, i fired it up and noticed the typical securom mouse cursor. If they'd used starforce or safedisc i wouldn't have even bought the game. Securom generally wont fuck over your system, but after doing the disc check it spat back this:

Eject disc, reinsert. Same shit. Reboot, eject disc, reinsert. Same shit. Whoever decides that the games should use this crap deserves to have a spindle of 100 DVDR's shoved up the arse. Sideways.

I figured there'd probably be a crack or nocd patch i could have used, but it's a pain in the ass having to test them in a sandbox to ensure they're what they claim to be, and taking those sorts of measures shouldn't be necessary when you buy the fucking game. However, a quick check of the changelog of the latest patch revealed that it removed the authentication process. 10 minutes later i had the patch installed and was finally able to get it running.

I've played through the tutorial and the first couple of UEF campain missions, and while it is pretty, it just doesn't seem all that special. I'm still a bit pissed off about the copy protection bullshit though, so i'll give it some time before i make any judgements about gameplay etc.

One thing i will say is that it seems to make good use of recent hardware, and should scale well as time goes by.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 01:25   #6
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

I've spent a bit more time messing around with this game. A few skirmishes against the difficult AI opponents has convinced me it was worth the previous hassles.

Here's a couple of screenshots from a 2 hour skirmish last night:

I'm looking forward to trying a 6-8 player match on a lan.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 02:26   #7
squakMix
wwwyzzerdd
(Forum King)

Yeah, I'm having a great time with this so far. I've had some epic 8 way battles, I just need to convince more people to get it. Need to take some screenshots

@Too-Damn-Much: You haven't played it enough yet. It has a somewhat steep learning curve, and it's not fun until you understand all of the facets of the game. Play online a bit and watch some strategies if you're still interested in playing the game at all.
squakMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center