Old 30th November 2005, 19:06   #1
Legoflamb

Playlist 2 versions of same song constantly!

Hey - I just downloaded the newest winamp and for some reason it's putting songs from some albums on the playlist twice!

I've searched through the forums but couldn't find anything about it does anyone know why it's doing this?

Thanks in advance.
Legoflamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2005, 20:29   #2
JonnyMac

Are there any dupes of the files on the hard drive? Otherwise, possible reasons for duplicate entries in the playlist are...
1. More that one input plug-in for the same file type. Example: If you have Winamp's default MP3 input plug-in and a 3rd party MP3 input plug-in (EG MP3pro, InMad) both plug-ins will cause same file(s) to be loaded twice (or more), thus causing duplicate items in the playlist.

2. Playlists are saved to the same folder as the media files. If the playlist(s) are laded with the media files that causes duplicate items to appear.

3. A shortcut in the folder points to the same folder. A shortcut in the music folder/directory point to another folder/directory (call it folder B), and in folder B there is a shortcut that points back to the music folder. Either may cause a redundant loop and many duplicates are loaded. However, usually that would cause Winamp to crash.
If the above is not it, please post system spces.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2005, 20:39   #3
Legoflamb

Nah it's not any of those I don't think thanks for the reply though.

my specs are:

p4 3.0 HT 2meg cache
ati x550
1 gig ram
windows xp home
direct x 9.0c
onboard sound.

it's weird it only seems to do it wiht some albums and theres no shortcuts or anything I checked
Legoflamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2005, 12:51   #4
JonnyMac

Do you have any third party plug-ins for Winamp? What format (WMA, MP3, AAC, etc) does this happen with? Please provide a Hijack This log. Download links for HjT and instructions for posting a log are in the system specs link.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support