Old 31st December 2010, 16:12   #1
jschmidty89

Can't use internal storage

I love Winamp and I'm excited to see it's available on Android now!

However, I have my music synced to my internal storage, but Winamp doesn't detect it.
I've scoured the forums and the options in the app itself for a solution, but haven't been able to find an option for selecting the internal storage as the drive containing my music.

Mixzing and the default Android music player are able to see the files.
jschmidty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 05:19   #2
beer_baron_83

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmidty89 View Post
I love Winamp and I'm excited to see it's available on Android now!

However, I have my music synced to my internal storage, but Winamp doesn't detect it.
I've scoured the forums and the options in the app itself for a solution, but haven't been able to find an option for selecting the internal storage as the drive containing my music.

Mixzing and the default Android music player are able to see the files.
I'm having the same exact problem. I also have files on my SD card, but winamp has no problem recognizing them. Don't have this issue at all using other programs, including the default music player.
beer_baron_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 11:05   #3
tentacular

I'm not sure if this is related or not but I have a similar issue.
Winamp doesn't find .mp3 files which are in /sdcard/gReader/media/gReader (which is where all podcasts are downloaded by gReader).
I have to move them elsewhere manually (e.g. /sdcard/media) to be detected.
Very annoying.
tentacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 04:31   #4
Guitar280Z

Hello,

I tried to sync my playlist collection or my device using Winamp desktop, and songs do get copied to the internal SD memory, but some songs are duplicated and not all the playlists seem to get copied. Some songs are even deleted from the playlist!

BTW- I'm using the USB connection to sync because it's much faster, the Wifi sync hangs up after a few songs.

I would like to see a detailed tutorial on how to sync your device via USB and how to get the playlists into the media collection and Android device.

I think the Desktop application could use some more work to make it friendlier and more reliable, and some improvements to the Android app so it can locate the playlists and songs.

Oh- and some detailed DOCS. Is there some reason why android developers never create documention??

thx
Guitar280Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
droid incredible, internal, memory, storage