Old 25th February 2011, 01:08   #2881
rockouthippie
Banned

I think cameras are more entertaining than guns. I'm pretty good with both.
Old 25th February 2011, 02:18   #2882
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
My Nikon D40 DSLR and Panther Arms A-150 rifle were both paid for with tax returns; The government practically pays me to shoot shit...

Speaking of cameras, this has me remember; I bought a Nikon S3000 as a back-up and carry-alternative to my D40...MSRP is about $150, but I bought it for about $105, since this was returned opened at my Target, but was just marked down because all the components were still there and the camera wasn't touched...Score

And I bought some MOAR accessories for my D40; On top of the 55-200mm VR lens I bought last year, I recently bought a Nikon SS-400 external flash (Fuuuuck, the flash angle adjustment makes me love using flash now), a Sto-Fen diffuser, and a Nikon ML-L3 remote...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 28th February 2011, 05:40   #2883
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
Future purchase for tomorrow: Drivers license re-instatement fee, $281 CAD.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 28th February 2011, 09:47   #2884
rockouthippie
Banned

I bitched about $81 USD. I guess things could be worse. Oregon is cheap for that sort of thing. Especially on a new car. In most states, you'll pay a grip of money to get tags on a new car..... based on sticker price...
Old 3rd March 2011, 01:02   #2885
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
More tanks of gasoline... The price has raised to $3.49/gallon here.

Don't forget to live before you die.
Old 3rd March 2011, 03:29   #2886
gaekwad2
Foorum King

And you think that's expensive? (prices are per liter)
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:07   #2887
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
More tanks of gasoline... The price has raised to $3.49/gallon here.
It has been creeping up again hasn't it?
Old 4th March 2011, 04:26   #2888
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Yeah, the media says Libya troubles are causing oil prices to rise. There's always an excuse. Next thing you know a CEO will trip over an untied shoelace and will raise the prices again.

I guess at the price I quoted, one could convert to about $0.92196 per liter.
Converting that to Euros would be 0.660677, so I suppose we are pretty well off here compared to people in Europe.

But, you have to realize, I am required to drive about 57 miles (92 km) per day for work on a 6-cylinder engine (uncompensated this year; last year I had compensation for about 17 of those miles), and fuel costs add up quite a lot.

Because of this I drive the car far more often than the truck when the weather allows a 2-wheel-drive. Renee drives only a few blocks (about a mile), so gas mileage doesn't really make much difference for her, so she takes the truck much more often. When the weather gets bad, usually they get the roads clean in town for her in the car, and I have to use the truck to push through all the snow, mud, or flooding.

The truck only gets 2 units of distance for the same amount of gasoline that can push the car 3 units (truck 20 mpg and car 30 mpg when commuting to work).

I bought these vehicles with strong 6-cylinder engines when my commutes were much shorter, and fuel economy didn't matter much. If my job driving stays this way, I might eventually replace the car with a little high-efficiency econobox.

Old 4th March 2011, 04:32   #2889
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

A little more math... please check, I hope I'm not right here, but does this mean your fuel is $8.07 US dollars per US gallon?

Old 4th March 2011, 08:34   #2890
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Quote:
A little more math... please check, I hope I'm not right here, but does this mean your fuel is $8.07 US dollars per US gallon?
1 Euro = 1.3952 USD
1 gallon = 3.785 liters
1.567 euro per liter = 5.93 euro per gallon
5.93 x 1.3952 = $8.27 per gallon.

Old 4th March 2011, 09:57   #2891
Johnpeigh

I bought a dvd. The Killers.
Old 4th March 2011, 13:10   #2892
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4 Gogitta View Post
1 Euro = 1.3952 USD
1 gallon = 3.785 liters
1.567 euro per liter = 5.93 euro per gallon
5.93 x 1.3952 = $8.27 per gallon.
And this is the main reason Europeans don't all drive trucks and SUVs too (the others being narrow curvy roads and lack of parking space). The few who actually care about the environment use bicycles or public transport.
Old 5th March 2011, 02:30   #2893
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I had a different exchange rate for currency, but it was close for us. When I lived in the city, I used a bicycle most of the time, but now that's not really possible.

Old 5th March 2011, 05:07   #2894
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

$281 for my license back is a pitance compared to what happens if you get caught driving after one beer or speeding 30km/hr over the speed limit.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 5th March 2011, 11:33   #2895
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Speaking of high gas prices, I took this like half an hour ago.

Old 7th March 2011, 00:41   #2896
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
$3.09 a pack of cigs? fuck it, i'm moving to where ever you are...

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Old 7th March 2011, 01:07   #2897
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Wait, you can actually understand that sign?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 7th March 2011, 01:13   #2898
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Wait, you mean people actually enter convenience stores at gas stations?

I use credit card at pump... probably haven't been indoors at a gas station in years.

Old 7th March 2011, 01:24   #2899
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

I go in all the time. They have a small kitchen, and one of the ladies that works there is my roommate's mom, and she makes awesome sausage/bacon/ham, egg & cheese biscuits.

Old 7th March 2011, 03:45   #2900
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Wait, you mean people actually enter convenience stores at gas stations?

I use credit card at pump... probably haven't been indoors at a gas station in years.
most of them will bring a pack of cigs out to the pump, or have one of those little convenience islands at them typically..

still though, i can't get my hands on a pack of anything worth smoking shy of $5.69 and upwards of $7-$8+ if you're stupid enough to buy them at freddy's.

gas has always cost way too much, that's to be expected.

Old 7th March 2011, 15:13   #2901
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Here's the gas station for anyone remotely curious, back when gas was a dollar cheaper (October-ish 2009).

Old 8th March 2011, 02:47   #2902
fc*uk

Spacetime for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. I think if I work really hard I can integrate spacetime with our CDS and LIMS system.

Yum! Performing complex scientific calculations without actually having to calculate. It gets me excited! Though I like Maple much better than spacetime ...
Old 8th March 2011, 03:24   #2903
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

SSJ4 - I love the autumn leaves on the trees as you scroll out. They should do their pictures during autumn more often.

Old 8th March 2011, 04:53   #2904
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too-DAMN-Much View Post
most of them will bring a pack of cigs out to the pump, or have one of those little convenience islands at them typically..

still though, i can't get my hands on a pack of anything worth smoking shy of $5.69 and upwards of $7-$8+ if you're stupid enough to buy them at freddy's.

gas has always cost way too much, that's to be expected.
$5.69... I want to live where you are! Cheapest pack of cigs I can get is around $7.85.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 8th March 2011, 11:58   #2905
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-db View Post
$5.69... I want to live where you are! Cheapest pack of cigs I can get is around $7.85.
$3.09 for a pack of Pall Mall at the gas station here.

Old 8th March 2011, 12:48   #2906
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
$3.09 for a pack of Pall Mall at the gas station here.
ah that'd explain the incredibly sane price, $3.00 is a lot for pall mall, they taste like dirt, no exaggeration.

and yeah about $6 at most is what you need to bring for a pack of cigs here in oregon, there's no sales tax though like most states mind you so the extra two bucks plus or so might just be adding sales tax into the price.

fred meyer's apparently thinks top rolling tobacco is worth about $5 for a one pack pouch, i literally laughed my way out the door, cashier didn't disagree either that i heard.

Old 8th March 2011, 13:00   #2907
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Eh, I don't smoke, so I wouldn't know anything about the quality of tobacco.

Old 8th March 2011, 13:07   #2908
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

anything that isn't camel or marlboro or hard to find (honey toasted tobacco would be one brand) might as well be shit, literal, brown, steaming variety.

some are more tolerable than others, but for the most part, there's only two brands that are any good at all, american spirit's are decent but they'll kick your ass in the morning and are overpriced as hell for instance, black death if you can find them (you probably can't) are good but overpriced too, seeing a pattern here?

and for what it's worth, out of all the nat sherman's, the honey toasted tobacco's, the kamel red's, the unamerican spirit's, all the novelty, quirky or impulse buy type brands, none of them are as satisfying to smoke regularly as the main two.

and don't even get me started on cloves, if you plan to smoke those regularly you might as well start swallowing running chainsaws while you're at it, they're probably less harmful than chain smoking cloves.

Old 8th March 2011, 22:51   #2909
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

SSJ4 doesn't have to smoke. His gun barrels do that for him.

Old 9th March 2011, 02:05   #2910
fc*uk

smoked cloves and kamel reds. Loved 'em both.

smoking cloves is no more healthy or harmful than any other tobacco product. The real bitch with smoking is the combustion of the product and inhaling it into your lungs. When things are burned, free radicales are produced en masse.

Being the free highly reactive substance a free radical is and sucking that into your body is hella bad. See, it's the free radicals that get absorbed by various cells in your body and proceed to mutate the cell, which alters cell reproduction. All of a sudden, you have these cells that are not quite right, creating other bastards that are not quite right.

Because these cells are all jacked/insane in the membrane (ha, I made a funny)/what have you, they don't take as long to reproduce as a normal healthy cell.

All of a sudden, you have a clump of that somewhere in your body. We then call that a tumor and diagnose you with cancer.

Fucking free radicals man, they are not hippies.

oh, bought: DJ mag and am pondering a pair of the red 50th anniversary 1460 doc martens.
Old 9th March 2011, 03:24   #2911
rockouthippie
Banned

Smoking cloves? You truly must die

I smoke a pack a day, and a clove will make me hack like a pup with worms. I used to have a GF that smoked cloves. It wasn't her most annoying habit, but it was close.
Old 9th March 2011, 04:03   #2912
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Weren't they made illegal a year or so ago?

Old 9th March 2011, 04:13   #2913
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

@ Ted, i very seriously doubt it and given the ratio of convenience store owners who speak gibberish, turkey clucks, etc to english i doubt they'd believe you even if it was illegal and you tried to tell them.

@RoH, personally no, well.... after sex if a pack is on hand, but i don't buy them for myself, i like one every once in a while, but yeah i'm in the same boat with you, if i have more than one or two in a day it plays hell on my lungs.

@fc*ku (fuck it, i'm tired, i tried(ish)) i guess you might possibly have a point(that was on topic and valid, but they're honestly one of the most harsh brands of cigarettes i can think of.

my usual brand when i can't roll is camel wides personally, less holes in the filters than even the king size is why i like em.

that's the main downside to rolling cigarettes too without being able to hand roll them pretty damn well, you wind up buying a pack of the spendies when you go out for the day just because rolling in a car or on a bus or whatever is so much extra trouble.

oh and @Ted (again) well..... yes and no, source and tl;dr summary after the link:

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/put-th...-tobacco-next/

TL;DR summary:
in a nutshell, clove cigarettes were yes, in 2009.
cigarette is apparently however defined as something wrapped/rolled in something not a tobacco product, in other words, clover cigs? yep, clove cigars and a huge gaping vagina (shit, sorry i mean loophole ) the size of a hallway later and cloves still exist just with a different type of paper.

Old 9th March 2011, 04:17   #2914
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/put-th...-tobacco-next/

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3210445AADd63v

Old 9th March 2011, 04:21   #2915
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Ted with the link ninja assist eh?

Old 9th March 2011, 14:57   #2916
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I'm not really a smoker, so I didn't know about the loophole. Your edit happened after my post, so I didn't see that last part. I'm not sure I understand or agree with the law. Cigarettes should either be completely legal or completely illegal, not randomly regulated like they are e.g. menthol is ok, but other flavors aren't... just seems rather stupid to have inconsistent laws like that.

Old 9th March 2011, 15:02   #2917
fc*uk

I liked those camel mandrin's when they were arround too.

TDM: I got the point. My point was, in terms of health, cloves are no worse than anything else. Thicker smoke than a cig, hell yes; hence more harsh.

I would occasionally smoke wides. They were good, but always felt odd in the mouth due to their extra width. I guess it is all what you get used to though.
Old 9th March 2011, 22:00   #2918
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

yeah a regular size one feels too small to me.

about the loophole thing, it probably had more to do with taxes than is obvious from that, until recently cigar tobacco was tax exempt, not only that it would be pretty fucked to be put out of a formerly legitimate business by a new law for djarum or whoever makes cloves.

Old 10th March 2011, 10:25   #2919
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

16GB iPad, Wi-Fi only (no 3G where I live anyway) in a red DODOcase.

It's the first iProduct I've ever paid for ($320 shipped). My 16 GB iPhone (first gen) was given to me by a friend when he upgraded to a 3Gs. I named it "Titanic". My dad gave me his neighbors 30 GB iPod Video that was laying in his "junk" drawer. It contains a backup of 99% of all my music (with rockbox installed). I named it "Britannic".

I think I shall call the iPad "Olympic".

Old 17th March 2011, 07:36   #2920
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
Speaking of high gas prices, I took this like half an hour ago.

Two days later, on the 7th:

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions