Old 27th August 2014, 22:41   #1
Concrescence

Namaste

Happy to join this community!

Downloaded an essential preset pack from this forum recently, would love to make my own visualizations!

I am grateful to be able to run these beautiful visualizations on my computer, they resonate with one's most beautiful experiences.

Lets get to know each other and be friends
Concrescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 16:07   #2
Nitorami
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nitorami
Hi and welcome

Unfortunately there is not much of a community, there is hardly any public interest in music visuals nowadays. Still, don't let me get you down, just type M and start editing your own presets. You'll soon find that it's more fun than watching them !

Peace
Martin
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 23:52   #3
Concrescence

I'm puzzled as to why more people aren't into this, but I am happy to commune with the few which may be active on this forum.

I'm a bit worried about editing the presets, pretty sure the changes one makes are saved immediately, n I would not like to change them from how the artists intended. I will backup the presets though, then I can start editing . Through editing I will get to know the visualizations better as well. Cant wait to get started!
Old 29th August 2014, 09:55   #4
Nitorami
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nitorami
I guess one reason for the little interest are the small screens of smartphones and tablets. You really need a big screen for the experience.

It' probably a good idea to backup the originals before you start but don't worry too much, the edit won't be saved before you hit the S key, and you'll be asked for permission to overwrite.
The larger risk is forgetting to save or the preset changing automatically while you're at it. To prevent automatic change, activate the scroll lock key.

To get started, you may want to read the preset authoring guide that comes with milkdrop.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 11:17   #5
InCUbuS-94

There's no development in general in visuals, 'cause people who can actually code simply don't get paid and thus they lose interest. And when this forum was about to close, that was the final touch, most of the community (which was already weak, if not dead) has disappeared for quite some time now. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun to open Winamp and start Milkdrop/AVS (yeah I did one or two milkdrop presets back in the day), but that's a problem.

It cannot rain forever
InCUbuS-94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2014, 10:34   #6
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I myself think, the Winamp-Milkdrop-Videos are a famous cult...
http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=26637
And I have many Winamp-Milkdrop-Videos in my YouTube-Playlists.

Okay, maybe the most people, who work in the dance clubs & concert halls, haven't seen Winamp & Milkdrop yet, but if they would see the beautiful Milkdrop Visualizer the first time, then of course they would use them together with video-projectors and very large screens on the live events.

Many people have badly paid jobs with overtime (20 years ago they had well-paid joby without overtime). Mostly they are not at home, and they have to do the most things in the city trains. But also in very small leased apartments mostly the have a PC and / or a notebook, and then they want to relax with good music. The notebook can be used also in the bed.

I never asked for money as artist. My own music is free downloadable. The people should be able to get my music without problems. The music is for us all, also Winamp & Milkdrop.

Welcome here, Concrescence...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:06   #7
Concrescence

Thanks Sabine. There are quite a few winamp milkdrop videos on youtube eh, nice.

You like Goa Trance too!

Wonder why the dance club people don't use milkdrop. I agree that if they just saw it they would adapt it immediately.

I just got into virtual worlds, and the goa trance party's they throw on the islands and beaches there don't use milkdrop either. As well as having milkdrop visuals I'm sure that milkdrop can inspire some interesting particle effect controls for the light shows in these party's.

I'm gonna start a thread on virtual worlds, would be great to get together a group of people who wanna watch a live milk drop stream together in cyberspace.
Old 3rd September 2014, 20:05   #8
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Unfortunately the latest video in one of my YouTube-Playlists has been deleted by YouTube. DJs on YouTube are more in danger than YouTube Electronic Music Composers, because their long mixes contain music from Various Artists.

I am back now from a party in our environment, and they had used also a video-projector, but only for their slideshow with photos from the previous year. And I asked again: "Why don't they use the Milkdrop Visualizer from Winamp?" I am sure, they never have seen Winamp as media player yet and also not the beautiful Milkdrop Visualizer. Then somebody said, I should shedule the next event. But I am not a concert manager, and I wouldn't know how to do that...

Maybe it's not good enough to have my many YouTube-Playlists, my deviantART Gallery and my photo-albums on Google+, but what can I do more?

Hhhm... Because Ustream offers also a live-streaming from what is happening right now on the desktop, I had already my idea...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 15:19   #9
webxnil77

What does Namaste mean????

'What does Namaste mean????

ako- login
webxnil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2016, 06:47   #10
webxnil77