Old 16th August 2011, 04:46   #1
Cr0n_J0b

Lyric Plugin doesn't work

The lyric plugin is broken as you know and forces a full reload of the program. Please remove it.
Old 16th August 2011, 10:00   #2
DrO

you've not provided any details of what lyrics plug-in as there are many.

if you think a plug-in is broken, contact the author first to see if they have a newer version and if they have then get them to submit the newer version to use.

also this forum is not for reporting bugs with 3rd party plug-ins.

-daz
Old 16th August 2011, 17:10   #3
Cr0n_J0b

Thumbs down you must be mistaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
you've not provided any details of what lyrics plug-in as there are many.

if you think a plug-in is broken, contact the author first to see if they have a newer version and if they have then get them to submit the newer version to use.

also this forum is not for reporting bugs with 3rd party plug-ins.

-daz

Thanks for the response, but you must be mistaken.

The little link that i clicked clearly said "Report this Add-on!". It took me to this forum and I reported the add-on. The forum title is "...reporting for removal" and that's exactly what I'm doing.

your response is absurd. The Add-on doesn't work and needs to be removed. I report it to the forum and you say I should take it up with the developer...ugh.
Old 16th August 2011, 17:14   #4
DrO

how can anyone (who i don't know as non of the reviewers have the means to do it) remove the plug-in when you've not provided a link to whatever one it is you're having issues with.

the point of this sub-forum is for ripped skins and/or plugins, not faults with plug-ins.

Yes there shouldn't be incompatible plug-ins on the site but only the author has the real means to update it, which has always been the case with plug-in issues.
Old 16th August 2011, 17:46   #5
Cr0n_J0b

Got it

I understand now. Your first response should have been "Could you please provide a link to the plug-in you are having trouble with".

That would have at least got the ball moving in the right direction.

You are obviously reacting to my frustration, so let me explain why I'm frustrated.

1) I just loaded up Winamp on a new system. I haven't used it in some time (a year or so), and thought I would give it a try. Everything was great until i decided to DL a plug-in, which I thought would be simple. That lead to a complete borked installation. The prog wouldn't open after install and reinstalling didn't fix it. I eventually had to manually remove the directory and registry entries...not fun.

2) so I went back and started reading the posts associated with the plugin...which I should have done before installing it...and most of the later posts indicated that the plugin was broken and hosed the installation. Mind you, these were posts from like 6 months back. So why would Winamp allow this to happen? Why would they allow a rogue add-on to sit out there lurking and waiting to crush a protential new customer?

3) I notice on the page that there is a little link that might help...maybe it won't help me, but it would help someone...it says...in big bold letters..."Report this Add-on!". That seems simple and straight forward enough. There is a problem with the plugin...and I should report it. It didn't say...use this link only if its a skin etc. So I follow the link and post a very short, easy to understand note that the plugin is broken and needs to be removed...and what do I get for my trouble? You. telling me that I posted to the wrong forum...and saying that the forum was really only for posting about skins/and or plugins...well...this is a report about a plugin...so it would seem to apply. I'm reporting it as the link suggested.

In all, this was a very simple transaction that was made very difficult by your intervention.

here is a link to the plugin, which is still out there waiting to bite someone...not me however. I'm moving on. Do what you want with it.

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/lyrics-plugin/148097
Old 16th August 2011, 18:11   #6
DrO

http://www.lyricsplugin.com/ has the fixed version of the plug-in you were trying to use and i'm going to leave my reply as that as it'll get us both nowhere useful.
Old 20th August 2011, 19:50   #7
A Dawg

All I can say is wow. I was about to do the same thing as Cron but now I'm glad I didn't >.<

Cron is right, he said the Lyric plug in was messing up winamp. That's what it was called, Lyric. It's messing my winamp up too and I can't even uninstall the dern thing cause winamp crashes before it opens. Quite frankly it is making me more angry then it's worth atm. I just want to know how to uninstall it.

p.s. All I see here is a confused Mod getting mad at a guy trying to help. He did exactly what I was going to do, clicked a link that led him straight here. Honestly if that ISN'T the proper course of action you need to remove the link to the forums labled "Report Add-on" A.S.A.P.

"i'm going to leave my reply as that"
hinting at a nasty reply avoided? Uncalled for, Cron is only trying to help people like me avoid this frustration alltogether. He is a good person. You were confused (cron did say lyric, but that can be confusing since it isn't an obvious plug in name) but that's no reason to be angry at a guy trying to help.

p.p.s. As of this post the very new winamp did not work with the version that had a link to these forums. I am about to try the link provided in the post above mine. Fingers crossed. I just want to be able to open winamp again. >.<
Old 20th August 2011, 19:57   #8
A Dawg

Link worked. Thanks DrO.

Sorry about the snappy post a min ago, but I have seen something like this go much farther. I see where both side were coming from, you thought he just wasn't giving the info you needed to help. That can be frustrating too. W/E to anyone with the crashing issue the link he provided works.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Skin and Plug-in Rip Reporting for Removal