Old 6th June 2012, 19:48   #1321
rockouthippie
Banned

I had a pretty good run with an actress at one point. A guy shouldn't live his life expecting that though.

One thing that struck me about peoples physical condition is kids. Man, they are starting to get to be a bunch of lardy little bastards. I was over at the Astoria column a while ago. When 50 year old, pack a day me, can pass kids walking up the stairs, we got a problem.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2012, 21:21   #1322
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

I'm 53. I lost over 20 pounds over the last few years by....., here it comes....., working.

Different job needed more fuel, I gues, so it burned off some of the extra I was carrying along. Seems to be holding steady now.

You know what is really interesting? I make deliveries to some places that sell those big jars of supplements. Think they will help when you come with a big skid of the junk? If they did, they would not need that garbage.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 03:14   #1323
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
One of the noteworthy challenges that people in West Virginia face is obesity. If you're not a kid into sports, you get almost no exercise. At the school we have a few scheduled procedures in place to make sure the students incorporate physical activity above and beyond the usual physical education class and recess every day, but even then, it's still a pretty low amount when compared to how much I think should be necessary.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 08:47   #1324
rockouthippie
Banned

Exercise. The 1970 Ritalin. You're a teach. What happened? Did someone decide a few pushups is child abuse? The only thing saving this old dude is that once I was in awesome shape. I look at some of the pudgy kids I see and think.... you are gonna be so screwed at 50....
Old 11th June 2012, 04:11   #1325
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

A shit morning for me...
My Winamp Toolbar and my Google Toolbar are away, although they both should be here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefo...orter/?src=api
And my FoxyTunes doesn't work anymore, although it should be compatible, also now...
I have my keyboard, and I'm thinking about to jump to another station with Hard Tech...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 05:15   #1326
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
What happened?
I'm not really sure to be quite honest. All I can do is note the differences between how and where I was raised and how these students are raised.

Basically I was raised in a rural old, high-maintenance house on a large plot of land in a mid-to lower-income family. That meant a lot of work was necessary to keep things going, and it meant lots of room to do all kinds of stuff outside with friends and family. Video games were around (Atari then Nintendo), but I wasn't allowed more than maybe a half hour in a sitting, which was fine; we usually had more fun outside. The internet hadn't become a home thing yet, and cell phones weren't around. There were a lot of farms around that would pay kids to do shit. Other people needed lawns cut, snow shoveled, boxes moved, gutters cleaned, etc. A kid wanting money and willing to work didn't have much trouble finding an old dude that could use a break for a few bucks. Neighbor friends were a bit far away but still bicycle distance, and the roads were pretty safe. Sports were boring on TV but fun to actually play, and besides, we only had 4 channels on-air (no cable) - CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS on a single 19" color, which was dominated by parents, so I didn't really have much screen time to speak of. We were a few years late getting our first VCR. Some families wouldn't even let boys in the house during daylight if the weather was good unless to use the bathroom or get a band aid.

Basically what I'm saying here is that if you weren't doing something physical, you weren't really doing anything. The difference today is that there are a lot of things to do that don't involve physical activity, especially involving screen time (e.g. Winamp Forums lol). Furthermore, no one seems to own land or farms anymore where there's room and need for kids to keep busy. If you're a kid today and you're not into sports, wtf can you do?

Oh, small niggling annoyance...

The beard hair that gets stuck between blades of a multi-edge razor. Once it's gummed up, it doesn't work worth shit. My sink doesn't have the pressure to get it out. Banging it against the sink doesn't get it loose. Placing my finger against the nozzle to create more water pressure might work, but it bounces off the razor or sink and splashes all over me if I do that. I don't often have a straight pin nearby to manually clean it.

Old 11th June 2012, 21:15   #1327
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
single 19" color
We had a 19" black and white. Otherwise it sounds about the same until I was 15 and shit hit the fan. Things got real rough. Lots of deaths in the family. It more or less left a family that wasn't anymore.

I gave up on multiblade razors. I used to like vintage Schick injectors, but Schick quit making the blades, and the Chinese blades you can get suck. Real Schick blades seem to carry some kind of antique value. Guys richer than me still shaving?

I just use a Norelco triple head, buzz the long ones off with the trimmer and if I'm gonna kiss anybody, I just clean it up with a single blade Bic. For some reason, Lady Bic's seem sharper. I get the bag of what's on sale.

I always wanted to rewrite multiblade commercials:

-beginroll-

The first blade cuts the whisker, which makes a substance we call whiskercrete (tm) which jams between the second and third blade, causing the second blade to bend the whiskers over so the third blade can rip them out. Then you'll start banging it on the sink and dull the shit out of it trying to get the whiskers out.

Start your morning yelling Aw... Son of a Bitch! Makes you kissably smooth providing your woman doesn't mind the taste of blood and toilet paper.

It's the SOB III - Triple !

-endroll
Old 14th June 2012, 04:43   #1328
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

^nice. I too use womens' blades, only because I'm too lazy to go out and get my own. Most of the time I use a Norelco, but sometimes I feel like getting a good blade shave in the shower, so I steal one from the wife.

Old 14th June 2012, 18:58   #1329
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

9 days ago my mother came home. I was 2 nights there. I had also all the music with me (and I had played the same WMV-files, which I had uploaded in YouTube).
Yesterday I have visited her again, but I had only work there, much work, too much, that I had no time to sit back and relax there. And I wanted to sit together with my mother and I wanted to talk a little bit with her. But then it was very late, and I had to go home, with a stop-by at a supermarket (Aldi Nord).
The Insulin therapy has become more extensive and complicated. She doesn't follow the instructions and rules right, and she got in trouble from the care of the nurse and doctor. A higher level of care was sought, but this is very expensive and may not be covered by the income. My husband and I cannot pay well, the authorities must bear the costs, but they will review us daughters and husbands to the income. If we have a little bit more money some day, then they will take us away the money. We will be ruined financially, that's not a life for us anymore, this will be our end. We did never want to have debts, neither in the authorities nor in the banking. Today I got a telephone call from the woman of the law firm, she handles all matters for my mother.
Today I had also many technic trouble. Instead of copying files I had to do updates, hijackthis, CCleaner and 3 rebootings, and I wanted to avoid too much work in the following days, but nothing had helped. I am still on a Facebook-Live-Event now, and I can enjoy it, but my Firefox seems to be "dead" now or at least damaged very much:
http://www.facebook.com/sabineklare/...75900549091447
The other software are all working, also my "Windoof Mista", so that I can still use my computer, so that I don't want to say yet, that I'm standing at "Ground Zero"...
Greetings again
PS, I also want to lose a little bit more of my body weight, because then I would look much prettier, although I'm 45 Years old now and not 20 years anymore...
Old 18th June 2012, 14:02   #1330
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Yesterday I have found some websites, and I have posted a new status in Facebook. It seems to be a trouble between Firefox 13 and Adobe Flash Player 11.3. Then my Firefox is not "dead", because I'm not the only one with these problems:
http://www.facebook.com/sabineklare/...58149690953987
Other things are annoying me. Yesterday I have discovered, that a party on the campus was already celebrated on last Wednesday, although I've thought, that the party would be celebrated on the following Wednesday. This party is only once in a year, and I had missed this party, it also happened last year. I really wanted to go to this party. But last Wednesday I had to bring new clothes to my mother, she needed these clothes urgently, and the nursing station had called me 1 day before, because her old clothes were not okay anymore, they come on the waste now. I had so much stress in the last days, that I have forgotten the date, I've really thought 20th June and not 13th June: I'm very anxious, if I will forget also the other 3 dates in this Summer, after I could not perceive these dates also last year (because it was very important to stay at home, the last weeks of our lovely cat Paule, before he had left us forever, 7 and a half months later his friend Charlie followed him). The stress won't become less for me. I always have to expect telephone calls now, and I can only hope, that not so many bad things will happen in the next time. 2010 was much better than 2011 and 2012...
But 2 nights ago finally I have solved another problem with having to go outside more often now, after I had planned these solutions 2 months ago due to my new situation. I needed the whole night to finish everything, but it's very perfect now, I'm very satisfied and I can relax also outside from home now, in the park or whereever. And I need to relax after so much trouble...
Old 20th June 2012, 21:31   #1331
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I've checked the many other flash-based website player in Firefox. I'm writing in Firefox, and I'm using Google Chrome to play "website music" directly there...
I wanted to go outside today, but only rain, rain, rain. I hate rain, and I hate it, if I have to use an umbrella. The wet weather has a huge impact on me: I have a pain in the thenar (both hands), my neck hurts and everything around it, including my back...
But a few minutes ago I have made my discovery, during I was on this website, what I do regularly, and I can forget all my pain. It's like light has come into the darkness, and the sun shines again, I feel, today I can leave all shadows behind me...
I have to logout now to clear all cookies and caches, then I have to do a workaround on my PC. In these minutes I'm thinking of all my YouTube-Friends. We want to celebrate our own Deep House Partys at home now, let's drink the champagne!!!...
Old 22nd June 2012, 22:39   #1332
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
but sometimes I feel like getting a good blade shave in the shower, so I steal one from the wife.
Do you think the pink ones are sharper? It always seemed like it to me.
Old 24th June 2012, 23:14   #1333
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I don't know, what will happen as next...
My life isn't very nice. 2011 was already very bad, but 2012 is worse...
Since yesterday my mother is in the hospital again (she has been injured), and she cannot return into her appartement anymore, because her appartement has been destroyed yesterday early in the morning, and all the things there are lost...
And everything was okay, when I had visited her 2 days ago in the evening...
I have thought of a new thread, but I don't know, which title for the new thread I should choose (but this posting can be splitted into a new thread, if neccessary)...
I can be only less online for the next time, many further telephone calls and many visits outside will follow...
Old 26th June 2012, 19:01   #1334
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Whoa that's some seriously bad news.

Please, tell us more if you can / want to.
What happened?

I hope things work out well somehow.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 22:16   #1335
rockouthippie
Banned

Sabine-

I laid my mom to rest out in the cemetery last July out in an old Dutch cemetery and have forgotten the date already. You're in the process of getting your ass kicked, emotionally, financially, and it's gonna mess with your mental and physical health.

There is life after dealing with this. It isn't great. I'm still taking care of mom's shit a year after she's been dead. I am coming to the end of it.

I am saying a prayer for you, and if you are agnostic, you could just think of that as kind thoughts.
Old 29th June 2012, 12:58   #1336
ujay
Forum King

Senior momments - I just spent half an hour looking for the TV remote, somehow I manged to put it down in the bathroom, can't imagine why.

Tough break Sabine, hope you find some sunshine a little further down the road.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 03:13   #1337
rockouthippie
Banned

It's always the last place you look. I lost the power supply for my Kindle Fire for a day, then when I found the power supply, I forgot where I put the Fire.

I've got both now, but yeah... brain fade...

Todays bitch is teeth. I had a molar go real bad and swell my face up like a balloon. Hurt? Geez! A dentist, $400 and 10 minutes later; my tooth is gone and I feel better, but my wallet sure doesn't.
Old 4th July 2012, 17:04   #1338
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Do you usually walk around with more than $400 in your wallet then?

This explains stuff.

But seriously - having an infection in your jaw hurts

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 19:26   #1339
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Yeah, had my impacted wisdom teeth pulled back in '07 and it was very painful due to lack of anesthetic (see last 2 posts of this thread). I didn't have the money anyway, and the dentist did it free because the OPTIONS plan that Ohio had. Very, very painful, but afterwards, they wrote me a prescription for some pain pills and told me to eat milkshakes.

Old 5th July 2012, 22:34   #1340
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Do you usually walk around with more than $400 in your wallet then?
Typically I have a few hundred in cash around. It's for things just like this. That's weird?

This sucks. I'm still feel green and still look a bit like Stay-Puf. At least the toothache is gone.
Old 6th July 2012, 22:32   #1341
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Sorry, that I couldn't answer earlier. I was only less online for 2 weeks, because I was mostly outside and I had many telephone calls...
The appartement of my mother is burned...
2 weeks ago in the evening I had a nice talk with my mother during my visit. Then I was on the square, where wine is sold each Summer, and I made my dedication with a champagne. I also listened to very good music (finally I have enough music with me, also my artwork, some videos and some park & water guides of Berlin) and I made some photos from the square...
On the next morning everthing had changed forever. A nurse from the nursing-station came 4 times per day. The first time (7:00 pm) everything was okay, but when the nurse came the second time, she had called me with these bad news (11:30 pm). Somebody had seen the fire and called the fire department. One minute later, and my mother could have been dead...
The neighbours intrigue against my parents since 21 years, and they will have success now. After some days in the hospital my mother had been brought to a nursing home, because nobody can live in her appartement now for many months, and she will not be allowed anymore by the owner and management of the house to return. My mother had lived 47 years there, I myself had lived my first 27 years there since my birth on 8th August 1966, until my wedding on 24th August 1993. A life-section is over for me, forever...
Old 7th July 2012, 10:05   #1342
rockouthippie
Banned

Just what you needed. Sounds like my luck. I'm assuming your mom accidentally started the fire? I know with my mom, I had to tell her she couldn't use the stove or the oven without someone else around. But you can disaster proof them some. It's hard to burn the house down with a microwave oven. I got mom a hot water dispenser, a crock pot etc, so she still could cook.

I think we've all left the stove on. If she can live by herself, she should, and if she's at all cooperative you should be able to make that safe.
Old 7th July 2012, 17:50   #1343
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

My father had always controlled the stove, before he went to bed, I do the same, to be sure, that the stove is off. Our own neighbors had forgotten to turn off their stove 12 years ago, when they left the house, but the fire department was very fast, they had only to break the window of the cooking room. My mother didn't use the stove in the last time, she doesn't have a microwave or an oven, and she also didn't use a candle in the last time. The nurse had brought her the coffee, and it seemed, that we could leave her alone at home for some hours. We didn't think of a fire, we only thought of her next fall and her next broken bones...
The mother of my husband came also into the hospital on the same day because of respiratory problems. Our both mothers came into 2 different hospitals, and both hospitals had called us in the evening. I tried to visit my mother in the wrong hospital, she wasn't there, of course (but I had the telephone numbers of both hospitals with me). 4 days later that hospital called us again, and then my husband had found out, that his mother was also in the hospital, not only my own mother. His mother came home, and I had to visit both mothers on the same day, at first his mother, then my mother. After the 2 visits, when I was back near the Berlin U- & S-Bahn-Station "Wuhletal", I had to take a look to a very nice park with a very nice brook and I stayed there for many minutes, although it had rained, and this beautiful sight was overwhelming (it was very good to forget all my pain and sorrows for this time)...
We had hoped in the last weeks, that a nursing home wouldn't be yet neccessary. Before she had fallen and broken her arm, she was more stable, also the therapy for her diabetes was more simple. After the first stay in the hospital for 1 month the physiotherapist should come and practice with her, the cleaning lady should also return, and my mother should get a house emergency call at home. All these plans are cancelled now. We know, that my mother can never return into her old home anymore...
Everybody has fears of a fire in a house or a tornado etc. I have so many fears, and I know, that I can never escape of my fears in this life, but I always have to put all my fears into the background in the hope, that a tragedy would never happen...
Old 14th July 2012, 11:46   #1344
rockouthippie
Banned

My sister had a fire on Tuesday. Her house is almost a total. One of her kids left a candle burning. Nobody hurt, but it will be months before she can move back in.

Fire is a real drag if nothing else.
Old 14th July 2012, 12:00   #1345
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Oh rockouthippie,
I'm so sorry for You...
That child will have to live many years later as an adult with the knowledge, that he or she had caused the fire. That's always hard. And nobody can live in a home after that fire for many months anymore, we know that from ourselves with my mother...
And 2012 is really worse than 2011, but after the 22nd December I want to hope, that we will not have so many problems anymore, because then the January 2013 will come soon...
I have to turn off my Workstation PC again in a few minutes. I have to buy further clothes for my mother to bring them into the nursing home. I really have very much stress since May, when my mother came into the hospital the first time. But I have the tools to make my very much stress a little bit more passable...
Oh yes, fire belongs to the biggest tragedys in a life, fire is the biggest tragedy, and I think, everybody has fears of a fire...

Last edited by Sabine Klare; 14th July 2012 at 13:35.
Old 14th July 2012, 20:32   #1346
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I'm so sorry for You...
Not my house. I had my mom for the last 20 years until she passed away last year. I'm still picking up shit from the biggest packrat that ever lived. If my house burned, I'd be doing the pee-pee dance with joy

I told my little sis, Geez, I hope it wasn't my prayer that missed.....
Old 14th July 2012, 22:00   #1347
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

But it's the house of someone else in Your family, the house of Your sister...
6 years ago my husband and I had to move into a new apartment, because a neighbor in the apartment above had a pipe break. We were at home, and the apartments below stayed dry, but we couldn't live in the old apartment anymore because of the moisture, nobody could live there anymore for many months, the apartment had to be drained and renovated. Before it had happened, we had also only 2 rooms, 1 small overhead, 1 small bathroom, 1 small kitchen and 1 balcoon, also in the third floor, that didn't change...
You had Your mom in Your home for the last 20 years? Then You would have more than only 2 rooms. In Germany 2 persons with only less money are allowed to live in 2 rooms, not in 3 rooms anymore (like 20 years ago), and if in a partnership one person dies, the other person is mostly forced to move from the apartment with 2 rooms into a smaller apartment with only 1 room. You can imagine, that we would never have enough place also for my mother. And we have no elevator. She would have problems with the stairs, because she cannot walk very good anymore. She needs a rollator now and she could need a wheelchair some day. Her incontinence is very bad, her diapers are never enough, but in Germany old people get only a limited number of diapers. I didn't want to tell, what had happened to her carpet in her old home and why then it was for the waste, but You can guess now. Currently someone has to control her blood glucose and has to give her insulin 4 times per day. I'm not an expert and I'm not a nurse, I have not enough physical force to carry another person with overweight. There is no alternative for the nursing home, where she has to live now after the fire in her old home...
My mother was very glad, when she had seen me today...
All the best for Your sister...
PS, I have used also the Google Translator to write this text, it's a mixture between British English and American English now...
Old 15th July 2012, 08:20   #1348
rockouthippie
Banned

I will be down there next week to lend a hand to my sister next week.

Quote:
and if in a partnership one person dies, the other person is mostly forced to move from the apartment with 2 rooms into a smaller apartment with only 1 room.
In the United States, you'd likely freeze to death and have the sanitation workers clean up your dead carcass. In the land of the free and the home of the brave, I have seen a little old lady frozen to the pavement. We are working on it, but life in America can be as brutal as it gets.

You probably didn't need to subsidize your mom to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep her from being a bag lady. This from Germany, where a bankruptcy will stain your kin. Bravo. You have a heart.

Broke in the US, if you don't get frozen to the road...end up an old lady sickle.. either frozen or fried with heat... aw hell...

The lethality of being old and broke in the US is ... more than shocking... more than alarming..

and if in a partnership one person dies... you'd have half as much of shit, zilch, nothing... as you had before...

You might get a million dollar heart transplant because that's profitable. Getting a cup-o-noodle might be a problem.

Our Congress has stolen $10TN from our social security trust. It's insolvent even paying the meager $600/mo average disbursement. Try to live on $600 a month and not end up baked or frozen to the pavement.

Please don't think I am picking on you Sabine. This post is more for my American friends who bought a pig in a poke and think ACA did something for them.

Winston Churchill said "You can count on the Americans to do the right thing after they tried everything else". No shit Winston!

I think Churchill had a little more faith in America than I can muster. He's probably eventually right. If I see us being decent in my lifetime.....

Last edited by rockouthippie; 15th July 2012 at 10:19.
Old 15th July 2012, 15:02   #1349
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I don't think that. My husband had watched a TV documentation many years ago, he knows about these problems in America. People without a home have to live under the bridges and near the metro stations etc., and they are declined and scorned everywhere...
To come back to the current problems, fire damage and water damage are both very bad...
The old painted pictures of my father are burnt, a very great work of him is lost forever. Original painted pictures are irreplaceable...
Our very nice photowallpaper in our old apartment had been damaged by the water and was lost, too. I want to post 2 photo-links (instead of attachements)...
http://www.lastfm.de/music/Sabine+Kl...mages/51271601
http://www.lastfm.de/music/Frank+Klare/+images/51275905
We are glad, that my mother and also we ourselves have insurances since so many years...
Old 15th July 2012, 18:05   #1350
rockouthippie
Banned

Luckily my sister escaped most of her sentimental stuff getting burned. I had a fire years ago and wasn't as lucky. I'm real sorry to hear about your luck. I guess it's a consolation that no one was hurt. I know when my house torched, it was about the only good thing I could say. Lost all my photos, my guitar, my piano.... Some of this stuff I never did replace. I wasn't very well insured. Covered the house... not most of the contents. Somebody dropped a smoke on my fresh barkdust, and poof! All she wrote.
Old 15th July 2012, 18:56   #1351
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Losing all the old photos and losing all the music instruments is also very bad. People have played on these music instruments, and then suddenly they are burnt. Many old photos can never be made a second time, because the people on these photos are dead now...
Old 15th July 2012, 20:04   #1352
rockouthippie
Banned

I used to be an avid photographer, but losing all the work I did before the fire kinda took the joy out of it. I haven't been serious about it since. I did replace the guitars. I haven't played the piano since. Just when I was getting to be a half way decent piano player....

So it wasn't just the stuff. It sorta changed my life in ways which weren't too cool.
Old 19th July 2012, 12:11   #1353
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
you could always trying playing the blues instead, if you wanted.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 14:59   #1354
rockouthippie
Banned

I dunno. I just got tired of the bullshit, bored with the music and started playing classical guitar. I could sit in on a jam, but it's just kinda why?

Classical guitar and piano are about the only things one person can play and have it not sound stupid. It's just finding a band or a jam you like and then it's gotta stay where you like it and it usually don't.

Drama... You usually end up playing the bar and too much bar is bad for your head. Morning is good if you see it after you've been sleeping.

I decided I didn't want to meet my next future ex wife and drink myself to death... yet anyway..

How many times can you play the same damn covers? I've been playing "I can't get no satisfaction" since the 70's. Screw that song If you ask me to play Stairway to Heaven, I will strangle you with the E string.

It's like an episode of the Twilight Zone where music has become a homogeneous blob of indistinguishable genre. It's like elevator music or something.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 20th July 2012 at 16:01.
Old 20th July 2012, 18:30   #1355
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I love to sing improvising in a spiritual style with echo & delay, together with very nice synth pads and sound effects...
For a musician or a band it's very terrible to lose all the equipment and all the master-recordings without backup copies in the exercise room or music studio by a fire...
My mother had only less electronic, but the TV, stereo compact system, CD Player and washing machine have very big soot damage. The supervisor gave the TV to the service. To replace all the electronic elements would cost the double price than a new TV. Between the 2 telephone calls I have compared 2 TVs in the internet and I have decided for one. It will come next week, but I can already study the manual (I have downloaded it)...
Playing a music instrument and singing with the own power, that should never be given up, because music is the life, and no one can take from us the music...
You have reminded me to sing in the spiritual style again, maybe it's a coincidence that there is just such a piece of music on the radio (SHOUTcast) now...
Old 22nd July 2012, 08:52   #1356
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Quote:
Classical guitar and piano are about the only things one person can play and have it not sound stupid.
fair enough and even then i could point you at enough one man bands playing a pretty mean guitar and not getting any love.

Quote:
How many times can you play the same damn covers? I've been playing "I can't get no satisfaction" since the 70's. Screw that song If you ask me to play Stairway to Heaven, I will strangle you with the E string.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD1KqbDdmuE

Quote:
It's like an episode of the Twilight Zone where music has become a homogeneous blob of indistinguishable genre. It's like elevator music or something.
damn, you've been set upon by the scourge of farting into a microphone, autotuning it and calling it dubstep too, eh?

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 13:36   #1357
rockouthippie
Banned

No shit buddy.

Quote:
I love to sing improvising in a spiritual style with echo & delay
I have heard you sing, you have an excellent voice.

Quote:
together with very nice synth pads and sound effects
This is where we part company. I would love to hear you sing something organic. Consider it a request. Joni Mitchell perhaps?

If you'd like the axe track, I could probably oblige 48 khz flac. My Nippon Gaki would probably do the job or my Vox. But you could probably find a nun
Old 23rd July 2012, 00:35   #1358
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You, rockouthippie...
I always wanted to compose new tracks and create new videos to upload them to YouTube. But then I've discovered things, which aren't very nice, and these things make me afraid. I've just made a new post in this thread:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=342673
That's really annoying...
Old 23rd July 2012, 07:15   #1359
rockouthippie
Banned

Yeah... play a cover tune... get sued... If we could just take about 3/4's of our lawyers and make them into something useful like sausage, we'd all be better off
Old 25th July 2012, 00:24   #1360
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

New troubles today...
At first I wanted to work on the "Top Friends" in our band profile http://www.myspace.com/sternenmaschine and then suddenly the order was wrong, I wasn't able to fix the wrong order anymore, I could only remove them all and re-add a few in the top list...
Then I wanted to add finally a cover art to our song, which was impossible many weeks ago, and suddenly the whole song has disappeared. On the start page and in the profile I don't see it anymore, only, if I go to "edit". It should be in the profile, but it isn't, and I cannot play it anymore. What's wrong?...
I've helped myself with SoundCloud now to have music in the MySpace Profile, although a band-profile should have a good working MySpace Player without issues...
And it seems, that our WLAN Router could die very soon. If this happens, then we have to buy a new WLAN Router to come back to the internet. Offline for many days? It's a nightmare...
PS, just found the same issues in another band profile, after I've discovered, that one of my currently 9 own playlists with 12 songs is empty... http://www.myspace.com/sternenmaschi...usic/playlists In our band profile it looks like this... http://www.myspace.com/sternenmaschine/music I get the message "Song Permissions - Leider kann der aktuelle Song in deiner Gegend nicht gespielt werden. - Continue"... And now I get page loading errors, if I want to see my own playlists...
And I've already discovered a few days ago, that also many songs in my "Main Playlist" have suddenly disappeared (I think, 25% of the songs)...
I'm guessing now: because of the GEMA again...
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist