Old 27th July 2012, 20:00   #1361
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Today I've checked my "Main Playlist" in my private profile of MySpace again. 2 days ago I've counted 63 songs, today I see 64 songs from 81 songs, but not our song from our band profile, "Der Erddrache (Vocal Version 2012) by Sternenmaschine" is missed also today. In another profile I couldn't play 4 of 6 songs 2 days ago, today I see, that I can play 5 of 6 songs. I don't think, that the artist in the other profile is a member of the GEMA, also we ourselves are not members, so I cannot really understand these issues...
But finally the startpage of Firefox isn't black anymore, if I open Firefox, also the pop-up-windows aren't black anymore, I can see the buttons again. Another problem on my PC has finally been solved, too. This month my PC itself had decided to make a CHKDSK during the next turn on, after I had turned it off with the button on the tower, because I had accidently shut down the Windows Taskbar (together with the "Start") instead of Firefox with the Task Manager. Then I can say thank You to my mishap with the wrong shut down...
I have the play-buttons of the MySpace Player in Firefox back, now I want to have back our song in MySpace. I could start the MySpace Player also without this song from us, but I'm currently sitting on a Radio Event with my friends of Radio Sunrise...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 16:40   #1362
rockouthippie
Banned

Maybe you should put up a real web page with real hosting. The best bargain I've found is Godaddy cloud hosting. I pull a BUNCH of bandwidth in video streams. More than a 100 megabit dedicated server could do.... maybe as much as 2 would do.

I was really expecting them to bitch. Unlimited space and bandwidth usually really aren't. This is a tremendous bargain compared to anything else I've found.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 17:12   #1363
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You, rockouthippie. I have taken a look to "Go Daddy Cloud Servers", but I think, it requires online-banking, and I want to avoid online-banking, because I'm afraid of hacking and debts.
"Jimdo" is another web-hosting, http:// www.jimdo.com/ can be used with and also without online-banking, although the free version has only a limited webspace with only 500 MB.
My husband and I have decided not to create further music-videos for YouTube in the next time, since many real YouTube Electronic Music Composer got in trouble because of these many false-copyright-claims. We have used ReverbNation and SoundCloud now. We have checked many WAV- and MP3-Files on my harddrive to select some of them. I had to edit a WAV-File with Goldwave before uploading it, because the volume was too low. ReverbNation requires 128 kbps, but the file-size-limit for free accounts is 8 MB, and I could not upload some of the converted files. In SoundCloud all tracks together are limited to 2 hours for free accounts (that's the reason, why many artists have more than 1 account on SoundCloud). I'm thinking also about PureVolume and SoundClick for my husband. The music-platform iSound seems not to be available anymore.
We have 2 new solo-band-accounts in MySpace now. Because of the song-issues in MySpace we have currently embedded YouTube-Videos and SoundCloud-Tracks in our profiles, but we had to use the old embed-codes for the "HTML Modules", because HTML5 doesn't work in MySpace. And it's a pity, that we cannot customize the color for the SoundCloud-Tracks in MySpace anymore. Later we could upload some songs (up to 25 songs in a MySpace Profile are possible).
After I was sitting the whole night at my PC, I wanted to sleep some hours in the morning, but could I really sleep? No! The telephone was ringing and ringing, every few minutes. My mother had complained constantly about the nursing sisters, allegedly trying to make too many rules. But my mother has to follow these rules, it's only the best for herself, although she doesn't understand, why she should do that. Yesterday it wasn't possible to sleep, also today, maybe also tomorrow. I had told her, "Please call me in the afternoon or in the evening, not early in the morning, because I have to sleep". But what does she do? She tries again and again, until she finally can speak with me and complain again about the "scolding nurses", and she does it not only once per day.
I think, I have to cancel the summer-party tomorrow, because I have to visit her again, to check out, if everything is okay, also because I have to give something to the supervisor (sometimes she visits my mother, too). It's many further stress for me. But it's very good to have music in the "Berlin S-Bahn" on the way to the nursing home and on the way back, with real on-ear-headphones, not with these disgusting in-earphones, and I have a very good music player and currently 1956 songs on board...
Old 30th July 2012, 21:47   #1364
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I want to avoid online-banking
If you have Visa cash cards you can avoid putting your bank account in the system. Here you can just buy one for a few hundred at the supermarket and refill it. That makes your exposure really low.

Quote:
although she doesn't understand, why she should do that
You wouldn't like it either, and if you are in similar circumstances, you'd probably be acting up too.

Being a guy, I know it's a fools errand to argue with women. Not mom and not her nursing staff. Agree with both and try to make peace. If you do need to put your foot down with either, give them candy first.

They're women. If they don't have anything to bitch about, they'll make some bullshit up. 99% of the time, it is just personalities and bullshit. If you are supportive of both your mom and the overworked staff that has to tend her, you'll be on everybody's good side.

Candy and cookies are good. Some for the staff, some for your mom... It's hard to bitch when you're eating a cookie.
Old 2nd August 2012, 15:47   #1365
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Sorry, I couldn't answer earlier...
2 years ago I had registered on Track Tracker, because they had a free downloadable track, but although that track was free, Track Tracker had required PayPal, Visa or MasterCard, so I didn't get the track. If Visa doesn't make problems, I can think about it some day...
Another artist outside from Germany had the same issues with our song, but yesterday our song was suddenly back. I've made a test-play, then I've cleared both "HTML Modules" below, but I've kept them, in case the issues will re-appear...
The medical has forbidden to eat chocolate, cake and other sweets, because my mother has diabetes, but the supervisor wants, that my mother can get chocolate & cake and drink also Baileys in the nursing home. She takes care of ca. 20 old people, and another woman in another nursing home can drink beer with her visitor. Mostly the nurses complain, that my mother makes the bed and her clothes wet too often, because then they have more work. But You are right, rockouthippie: What would I do similar circumstances 20-40 years later? I would want to talk with someone else and complain about the nurses, too...
The supervisor has many work, every 8 weeks an apartment must be vacated empty, because one of the old people has moved into a nursing home or has suddenly died. The appartement of my mother is also empty now, I had to give away the keys, and I can never see the appartement of my childhood anymore...
I guess it's because of the too much stress, nothing else. What other reasons should be here for me? Yesterday I had stomach ache and pain in the back (fortunately it was only yesterday). I couldn't sit at my Workstation PC, I had to return to bed. No matter, I've used my notebook with Beyerdynamic DT 990 (very good headphones) in the bed...
Old 14th August 2012, 22:17   #1366
fc*uk

I am annoyed by everything, yet nothing.

Most of all, I am annoyed by the GObama ads currently being spanned to me via aol and this site. Grrrrr...

I ought to post a picture of a marina in Jax that has "Save the USA, vote Obama out!" on the sign in front of their shop. wub ,wub, wub.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 16:05   #1367
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

I have this niggling annoyance:

I go to this board, click on last page, read it, and the next week there's a whole new last page. It never stops.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 22:53   #1368
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
There's no such thing as an Obama ad. There's also no such thing as a Romney ad. There's only anti-Obama and anti-Romney ads. No one has a fucking clue who or what they're voting for. They're only aware of what they're voting against, which is quite pathetic if you ask me. Shameful.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 12:05   #1369
fc*uk

You know Ted ...

Granted, I've seen the ads for "both sides" on the television and thought they were all fairly shameful. But, never have I actually connected the dots to go as far as you just did.

And you are right, the ads are only against, never what the person stands for, which is quite pathetic.

In all honesty, both these clowns scare the shit out of me. Why must voting always feel like a choice between the lesser of two evils?
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 12:07   #1370
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
Why must voting always feel like a choice between the lesser of two evils?
because that's just how it goes and is in general who do you dislike the least that you vote for (that's how i tend to view it).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:19   #1371
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Our song "Sternenmaschine - Der Erddrache (Vocal-Version 2012)" is away again"...
http://www.myspace.com/sternenmaschi...aylist-2817869
I have to re-embed my SoundCloud-Upload in our band-profile...
And if our band-profile is online in MySpace, I cannot see my photos in my private profile...
http://www.myspace.com/sternenmaschinebine/photos
PS, re-embedded my track now, and "This track is currently not avaiable"...
http://www.myspace.com/sternenmaschine
We have also many other issues today with MySpace (and with Facebook)...
Edit: And when I wanted to edit our profile, I got a warning-message and had to type-in a captcha-code to unlock our band-account, because my husband had added a few friends in the last days, but he added only less friends, not "too much", he was very careful. And suddenly our song is back and I can see the photos in my private profile again...
What does MySpace do with us? Are we not allowed anymore to add (only a few) friends? MySpace teases us...
My husband and I are very annoyed now...
I should post again a bitching status in Facebook...
Old 11th September 2012, 18:36   #1372
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

It happened 2 days ago: I was disappointed by someone...
I learned to know him February 2011, and I saw him again April 2011. Between these 2 times we had contact via the internet (also later). I hesitated to do something for him, and he was very angry and asked me, why I do not trust him. Okay, I should trust him, he asked himself so that. And 2 days ago I told him shortly, why I had to cancel my musical plans for this year, and suddenly he finished the friendship to me. Perhaps he himself is about one of these people with prejudice. There are also 2 other reasons possible: I like one of his rivals or I hate one of his friends. I don't know, if the other person is his friend, but this other person had insulted me again and again, until I told him, I would hate him very much, and then I myself went away, forever (18 months ago). Or he had something about it that I like something that he hates himself. But no one should dictate to me what I like and what not...
I have on every case again learned that I can not trust all the people...
If musicians are mutually hostile, they are among the unsubscribe themselves and not with the third sucked into these matters, but this is even widely used in electronics-scene...
I myself have "only little private problems" (since so many weeks): For example my husband's mother was also in the hospital a second time, not only my own mother, but I'm wondering about nothing anymore...
PS, to write this text I've used also the Google Translator.
Old 13th September 2012, 03:30   #1373
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Some of it had interesting word choices, but the message still comes out clear if a reader pays attention and reads through enough.

You said that no one should dictate to you what you "like and what not..." If you are a mature adult, you are right. If you like or dislike something or someone, that is your decision and your decision only. A good friend, family member, or colleague should respect that, but often they don't.

I have a few friends that know I have major differences of opinion with them. They disagree with me on some things, sometimes even big things, but can still respect me for my ability to make my own decisions. They can also still spend time with me peacefully and happily if we keep the topic on something we have in common. When there is a debate or argument, we try to just attack the standpoint, which is good, and not the person himself or herself, although sometimes there is a little bit of the personal attack, which is bad.

If someone wants to end a friendship with you because of bad business, then perhaps it's best not to have both a working relationship and a friendship with the same person. I find when I get too close to a co-worker in a friendship way, a work issue can really mess things up for the friendship.

Old 13th September 2012, 15:20   #1374
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

You are right, Ted...
Fortunately I didn't compose a track together with the man, who suddenly finished the friendship to me. Another annoyance I spared in. He thinks about business. And it must have to do with business, too, but I want to be there as a third kept out...
Intrigues in the music scene are widespread. Musicians worked together on a CD, then they finished the cooperation. and there is a huge dispute about royalties. Many CDs had to be taken off the market already. But innocent musician colleagues must be kept out of the disputes...
I had made already experiences, where other people forced me to choose: "He or I". Then it's better, the blackmailer ended the friendship to me or I myself finished the friendship to both contrahents...
The music of the "rival" was very good, it was from some live-concerts. Oh yes, I've enjoyed his music very much, great nuisance to the other guest in the radio chat, who refused to listen to the radio live show and finished the friendship to me later. And I'm very proud to say in the publicity, "I like this artist, the music of this artist is so great and fantastic"...
I've many "Radio Streams" in the Playlist Editor of with many Electronic, Ambient, Deep House . I'm currently visiting 2 radio chats of 2 radio stations. One of them has many Electronic, but also Pop, the other has many Underground Music, but also Electronic. But on Thursday I prefer the Facebook Chat, and I hope to get my group chat working again, because another chat-guest isn't in Facebook...
I've used the Google Translator again.
Old 13th September 2012, 20:50   #1375
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I found a new small niggling annoyance.

It really distracts and bothers me when a video has mismatched audio. This has been a recurring problem lately, and I always thought it was a problem of the past.

Another one, maybe I posted before, but I don't remember. This is something that really annoys me a lot.

Someone says something in a very quiet or mumbling voice in a place with a lot of background noise. I say "what" or "can you repeat that louder, I can't hear you". Then they repeat it, in the same failed quiet volume and tone again. I then tell them that because of the background noise I still can't hear them and that they need to speak up. Then one of two things happen: They use the same fail voice again, or they get angry, scream what they wanted to say so loud that it possibly causes further damage to my ears, making it even harder to hear the next person.

Old 18th October 2012, 13:50   #1376
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I only wanted to enjoy a little bit music today...
But I got the next telephone call now. I don't believe that. Not again...
My husband's mother is in the hospital again since 1 week, the 3rd time. It's planned to bring her home tomorrow. But I'm thinking now, it wasn't the last time this year. They have told me, she would be stable, although she needs the breathing apparatus...
My own mother in the nursing home calls me 20 times now, not 10 times anymore, from dawn to dusk, mostly because of any trivia. But she does not listen, if I want to teach her, although it's only the best for her. And it will be 100 times a day very soon, because then 20 times a day won't be enough anymore. Sometimes I want to take the telephone to get it to the wall to throw...
2011 wasn't terrible enough, since 2012 I've more fears & depressions. I'm afraid of telephone calls and letters, and the next stress will come for me. I didn't break down yet, although I feel, I would be ill. Maybe it's My Rersonal Talisman, which protects me...
Old 18th October 2012, 17:33   #1377
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Hard as it sounds, perhaps you should just disable your phone for a few hours per day.

yes, just like that. You need time for yourself too. You're not helping her by letting her drag you into a burn-out

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 21:30   #1378
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

You're right, Warrior of the Light...
I'm not a slave for the others. Suddenly I got an unannounced visit, when I wanted to do other things. It had happened so many times. And aggressive representatives had rang the door very often. They wanted to force me to sign gag agreements. I refused, of course, and they threatened me. But I don't go to the door anymore, I don't open the door anymore, if I hear a ringing and I didn't make an appointment before. I myself can decide, who can visit me to which time and who cannot visit me to which time, the others cannot decide, when I have to recieve a visit, they have no rights to dictate my life...
Today I had a telephone call with the supervisor of my mother again. She had brought the bad news to my mother into the nursing home today. The letter came already 2 days ago: The property management has terminated the lease agreement with my mother. She is not allowed anymore to return into her old apartment, where she had lived for 47 years (and I myself since my birth, I'm 46 now). The neighbors, who wanted to get rid off my mother/parents since 21 years, have success now. It was the fire in her apartment this Summer, why this part of my life has ended forever (also this part of my mother's life)...
Maybe I've a "Burn-Out-Syndrome". I don't feel very good today, and I'm not in the mood for the music now, because I've lost my homeland of my childhood with all my memories forever. I had also already "Dark Times", where I wanted to hurt myself (the last weeks of my father until the 6th March 2003, when I had known already, he would die very soon). I didn't do that, and I will never do that (I promise), but I can understand other people, who are doing that...
Will I ever escape from the darkness? I don't know that anymore...
Old 25th October 2012, 01:01   #1379
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Yeah, people need to allow you to be in good and stable shape before they can reasonably expect you to be capable of helping them. Sometimes you have to take care of yourself first.

Old 25th October 2012, 14:48   #1380
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Many people are wanting someone with a very good health and with many money to get many help from this person (and also to get many money). That's also a reason, why someone suddenly loses many "friends", if the own health suddenly becomes worse or if suddenly the incomes become much smaller.
I have to think also for myself, I don't have to think only for the others, and I'm not egoistic.
I had experienced many bad things since my whole life (the school was the hell on earth for me). Our own lifes aren't very nice for us, but we are trying the best.
There are people with more and with less tolerance in this world. We ourselves live in a house with 10 apartments. 1999 neighbors had moved into this house, and 2000 they forgot to turn off their stove, when they went outside. They had also the music very loud in the first years. They are still here, they have another culture with own traditions, and I'm accepting them, because I'm a very tolerant person. But another woman, who had moved into the house this year, began to fight against them. The neighbors didn't open the door, but when other guests were standing in the door to say goodbye, she ran up the stairs to the door and she ran into their apartment, although the neighbors didn't want to let her in and she wasn't allowed to do that. This is trespassing, and I myself would never allow that. It's just another reason, why I don't go to the door anymore, if I hear a ringing.
Other neighbors in the apartment above let run their washing machine each night. I myself have fears now to have the music a little bit louder, I let run the music on my PC with less volume now, if I use the loudspeakers, since this woman lives in this house.
Last weekend (the night from Saturday to Sunday) in the other house opposite on the other side of the street some people had celebrated a wild party with many guests and very good House Mixes. They live in the same floor like this woman does. The music was very loud, but they didn't disturb me...

Last edited by Sabine Klare; 25th October 2012 at 15:54. Reason: We had to restart our WLAN Router after the power failure today, before I was ready.
Old 30th October 2012, 14:22   #1381
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

"I shouldn't let someone drag me into a burn-out"...
People have already crossed my way, and they had expected from me to do their bidding, to like ugly photos, which I don't like, to like music-styles, which I don't like and much more...
This month I had reluctantly accepted one friendship request, but I had warned this woman, I wouldn't have enough time to do everything for her. My life is not just about Facebook. She began to post the most ridiculous things on my bulletin board and the most ridiculous photo-comments. She had made my very nice photo-albums dirty with her comments. I had to like a photo-tagging with a very ugly photo, but I refused to do that. And she became very angry, because I didn't post comments for her own ridiculous photos yet, but I didn't have the time to do that. I had tolerated her for far too long, but when she had made an ultimatum after 17 days, because I didn't react, it was enough for me. I have removed her from my friends-list, I have deleted her photo-comments and I have blocked her. I don't need people, who want to dictate my life. I'm an individuum...
I also don't accept friend-requests, if someone has very dubious photos, or I delete a friendship later, if I discover such photos or other dubious things. I did that already some times...
Fortunately the most of the other people are more gentle, mostly they are also artists...
During writing this post I have been disturbed again by the next of the currently 20 telephone calls per day...
Old 8th November 2012, 12:30   #1382
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

And again and again...
I've got the next terrible telephone call with the next terrible news a few minutes ago...
My husband's mother is in the hospital again, the 4th time this year now...
The other people want to drag me also into a next very big stress now...
I'm not in the mood for music anymore (today)...
Maybe I should think about a new thread (which title should the new thread have?)...
Old 9th November 2012, 09:54   #1383
rockouthippie
Banned

I know where you're coming from with ill parents. I saw an article the other day that says there is life after 50. It's been a year since my mom passed on and I'm still cleaning up the debris. This kind of thing can really mess with your head. There really isn't anything to do except take deep breaths and try not to end up in the looney bin. Whether I escaped remains to be seen. I do think someday it will be ok again. Really, I've stopped playing mumbly peg and making that babbling sound.
Old 9th November 2012, 16:01   #1384
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Nobody will believe that, but today my own mother has been brought into the hospital, too...
I feel so ill today, I need to return to the bed, I don't want music today...
Sorry, if I'm not able to read and reply correctly...
I need the new thread in The Bitchlist...
Edit: here I have a new thread:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....96#post2896996
I needed very long, because our WLAN Router had to be restarted twice, and it didn't want to work at first. I've called also the service, and I think, we have to buy a new WLAN Router very soon in the next time. We cannot be suddenly without an internet connection...

Last edited by Sabine Klare; 9th November 2012 at 17:36.
Old 10th November 2012, 00:27   #1385
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I think the new thread would be good, since the troubles you list here aren't really so much "small" or "niggling" the way a slightly flickering light at work would be. What you are typing here is a lot more serious and not small at all. I hope that you are able to get some healthy defense mechanisms and good coping skills to get you through this. It takes a lot of trial and error to figure out what works best for you, but if you work at it hard enough, you will eventually find what brings you to inner peace, even though there are so many stress-causing agents around you.

It seems almost grossly inappropriate for me to redirect to the original topic, but since it's the thread for this:

I mentioned the flickering light at work because that's something that bothered me (and my students) today. The first couple hours weren't so bad, but it really got to me after a while. I put in a request to get it replaced, but the person that handles that sort of thing won't be in until Tuesday. The ceiling is too high for me to reach while standing on a table; otherwise I would have at least removed the bulb that flickers all the time.

Also, yesterday, a shoelace broke in the morning while getting ready for work. First of all, I don't truly wake up and get fully conscious until I turn the key to start the truck to drive to work, so something as petty as a broken shoelace before that time of morning hits me like a hammer to the forehead. I ended up using the longer of the leftover halves, evened it out, and skipped one pair of holes, and still had just enough to tie. I didn't feel like searching the attic for spare laces, and didn't have time to change outfits to match different shoes. I guess it worked out for today. The shoes felt uneven because of that, but the pant-leg covered up the look of it.

Also - today marked the fifth day of being blocked by a long, slow coal train on the way to work in the morning. They've been in my way since daylight savings time caused the clocks to change. There are no alternate routes without driving for around 1.5 hours - mountains are in the way and there are nearly no roads in the area other than the one we all use. The trains are blocking not only me, but also the buses carrying my students, making us all late for school. It's literally 20+ minutes that I sit there waiting. Because the rail yard is right there, they often have to stop, disconnect, back up the locomotives, reconnect, and pull again. It takes forever. They only help you out if an ambulance, cop, or fire truck needs to get through. I turn off my engine to save gas, but then I start to freeze, because I was too lazy and lacked the foresight to grab a coat on the way out, despite the fact that it's become a pattern, and after the first couple days I should have learned. So, now I think I'll have to wake up earlier to get ahead of the train. Hopefully the bus drivers and school administrators will squawk to the railroad people and get the schedule adjusted so that it doesn't cause such a problem.

And, I need to remember to put on a jacket. Mornings are in the mid 20's Fahrenheit (-4 degrees Celsius/Centigrade). In January they'll be a lot lower, but by then I will have learned to dress appropriately... hopefully.

Old 30th December 2012, 09:32   #1386
fadridrocky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
What are the small things that irritate you when you see them but most of the time you don't care. Think, 'lifes simple pleasures' thread but opposite.

New car smell.

Sorting a bowl of cereal and finding there's no clean spoons.

When you eat chips and you get a sweaty one, you know the ones, the one that squelches when you bite it andf it's just fat. Ruins the whole thing.

Just drifting off to sleep, then all of a sudden you need to piss.

'Guesstimate'

Clearing a really hard game and all you get is a 'congratulations!!!... game over'. (think, prince of persia).

CD player batteries run out just when you're getting on the bus.
I am mostly disturbed with dirty feet destroy looks of my home carpets. They are expensive and gorgeous looking. Need to find solution for this.
fadridrocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 03:45   #1387
fadridrocky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadridrocky View Post
I am mostly disturbed with dirty feet destroy looks of my home commercial carpet cleaning gold coast. They are expensive and gorgeous looking. Need to find solution for this.
Do you have appropriate answer for dirty carpets?
fadridrocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 01:28   #1388
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Resolve carpet cleaner.

I hate it when I'm going to take a shower, already in a robe and walking towards the restroom, and someone says, "oh, wait, I need to use the restroom". They then cut in front of you, drop a stink bomb and leave you a punishing air mass that should be banned by the Geneva Convention. That happens when I'm staying with family instead of at home.

Or how about this? You're at another person's house, you take a dump, and there's like 2 squares of toilet paper left with no backup rolls in sight. You then have to search through other people's cupboards and cabinets in search for a replacement. You almost want to use one of their towels to do the ass wiping just to punish them for not being prepared.

Old 3rd January 2013, 00:32   #1389
sgtfuzzbubble011

And people make fun of me for stockpiling toilet paper... I've been in that situation. I will not allow myself to do it again, and it will never happen in my home. In my bathroom, you'll find 60+ rolls of toilet paper right now. I never let it drop below 24 rolls.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 19:45   #1390
sgtfuzzbubble011

I don't know if these have been posted in this thread already because I'm too lazy to read through 35 pages to find out...

Spring-loaded push button water faucets and motion activated water faucets in public restrooms NEED TO DIE.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 21:32   #1391
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

The motion detection versions are annoying but usually at least marginally acceptable. The ones that require you to push for 3-5 seconds of water really bother me a lot. The ones that only work if you twist against a spring with one hand while wetting the other make me want to commit felonies. I had a shower at a campground like that. Hold faucet with one hand, scrub with the other. I ended up making my wife come in to hold it for me and vice-versa, so I guess it didn't turn out so bad, even though it was a "men's shower". I figured I could just give anyone that also entered a heads-up, but luckily no one entered while we were in there.

Today's niggling annoyance... Flu (or anything else that takes me away from work). I just got diagnosed with some version of type-A influenza and am not allowed to go to work until at least Tuesday. I'm doing some work over the computer and phone at home, but most of what I do requires that I be in direct contact with students. Now I have to replace that with lots of calls and emails to teachers, the social worker, and principal.

Old 4th January 2013, 01:13   #1392
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Too late to edit, hence the double post. This one really bugs me.

Old ice, the ice that's been in the freezer for a week or more. How does it so effectively take on nasty tastes and unpleasant smells?

I was told to drink fruit juices to help with the flu, so I got some, but they're sold at room temperature. I thought, no problem, I'll just add ice. Bad idea. It's been in the freezer since before I left town and returned for holiday break. Now my apple juice tastes bad and isn't all that cold yet.

Old 6th January 2013, 01:32   #1393
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Triple post rampage - too annoyed to wait for someone in between!

I hate getting stapled paperwork when the person that did the stapling was too damn lazy to line the pages up. It distracts me from the content of the document, doesn't stack well, and doesn't fit folders well.

Line your shit up, check to make sure your staple isn't going to block important content, and then staple if all else is well. If not, consider a paperclip.

Yes, this is far too small a problem to be complaining about, but I believe it fits the thread title well.

edit-

Ok, so I was talking about this to someone, and she said, "Why don't you post about people either using text-speak or not proofreading professional emails? If an employee does it to an authority figure, the authority figure will scold, and yet it seems to happen far more often where the person with authority does it, creating hypocrisy. Many bosses will email with no capitols, excessive non-standard/informal abbreviations, no punctuation, slang, and misspellings that would catch the attention of a 4th grader."

Old 6th January 2013, 19:37   #1394
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Tripleposters.

Nah this post's just here to prevent a quadruple post

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Old 7th January 2013, 01:29   #1395
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Or before Post Number Five will arrive...
Although I have said nothing against a Quintuple Post now...
Old 7th January 2013, 18:52   #1396
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Childhood irritations:

If your father orders coffee, he'll get a cookie.
If your mother orders tea, she'll get a cookie.
If you politely ask for soda... you WILL NOT GET A COOKIE!

Old 8th January 2013, 02:36   #1397
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

It could happen in a nursing home, too, I don't know, but I think, it's possible. I haven't asked my mother, if she got roast goose with dumplings and red cabbage at Christmas, but maybe she herself forgot to ask for that, because she is forgetting more and more...
I myself remember also a few irritations in my childhood, but more with meals than with drinks. I got Italian Noddles from a school-friend, these were thin noodles, and I wanted to eat them like normal spaghetti or normal maccaroni, but I got them as noodle-soup from my mother instead, and I was very angry, because I hated soups very much in my childhood...
I have just stopped by, and I have to continue with the ripping of some tracks from our CD-Rs with own old recordings. My husband had saved them from old tapes a few years ago, and I have to prepare a new playlist for my next broadcast on Mixlr now. And I have to go outside today. But I can come back in some hours...
Old 8th January 2013, 23:24   #1398
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Here's another reason I want to pull what's left of my hair out:

At the gas pump, especially Exxon affiliates, the machine asks you if you want a car wash...

Why on God's green Earth would I go to a gas pump for a car wash? They hope you'll accidentally hit "yes" thinking it's asking for a receipt, and then they charge $9.00 for a car wash.

When you go to the regular register to get it taken off the bill, they ask you why you would turn down a $10.00 car wash that's only costing $9.00 as a promotion. Then you explain that you never wanted the car wash to begin with. They then say that since the transaction was done at the pump, the location manager is needed to make the adjustment and that manager is only working during the normal day business hours (when I'm also at work). I still haven't gotten this issue resolved yet.

Old 9th January 2013, 00:05   #1399
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Translations of lyrics don't really work, maybe of articles, but not of lyrics...
I thought, I can write as a german-speaking artist a short lyric in English. Maybe german-speaking people could unterstand that, like I want it, but english-speaking people could understand it wrong, what I didn't want to mean. I came back immediately, because I had to edit my text somewhere else. It's a pity, but I don't want to get a misunderstanding, of course. It's really difficult with the lyrics...
I can calm down, knowing, there will be no misunderstanding anymore...
I have got many teaching hours for my own language in my younger years, and the analyzing of very complicated textes was very difficult. But I have experienced again, a translation of a lyric is not so good like a translation of an article...
Old 13th February 2013, 03:48   #1400
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I see, what happens around me and what happens to my friends, and I have already seen, that people have begun the wildest mud slaughter in the publicity (for example in Facebook), which have also finished friendships between 2 contrahents. I don't need to mention again, that some music-cooperations have also been finished, because 2 musicians have fallen out, and then the CDs had to be taken off the market. And I have seen also, that people, who were working for other people, had given up, after they had been insulted again and again by some of the other people. For example 1993 a very good man had said "I do not do more for you!" after these offendings...
People have offended again a very good friend, with outrageous sayings, I cannot believe that, and I can only hope that they have not made ​​him to give up now. I don't know, what I can do for him and how I can help. I know only, he is in stress very much, similiar to my own stress, and he is also very busy (I myself have to keep everything up to date for my friends, although the day is too short for me)...
Another friend of me has to fight against the intrigues of the neighbors since a very long time now, not because of a disease, but because of his own culture, which deviates from the norm very much. If I will get him in the next chat, I will ask him again. The intrigues of the neighbors against my parents and then against my mother had lasted 21 years, until the neighbors had won...
Are the people really all bad? No, there are also many people, who are very human and tolerant, of course. And people with a moral should afford stood by now those people, who were offended again and again very massively...
I've seen ugly things, and I was excited about it. I wanted to write just now...
Edit: Just posted a new Facebook-Status, "Sometimes people say ugly things, but ignore that, just live right now and don't give up..."
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist