Old 20th April 2018, 20:45   #1
heathcliff

Lightbulb Requesting FAQ Update - Monetization/Payment

I decided to monetize my radio. After 60 days I received no revenue on my PayPal so I decided to reach out Shoutcast.

Their feedback:

"We'd like to inform you that revenue from ads 60 days after receiving our advertisers and agencies payments. As a result, credits to Broadcaster’s account will be made 90-120 days following end of corresponding month according to payment policy."

No problem, but please update the FAQ to avoid disappointments.

I must confess, I find it vague because I am unable to find this information and my inner voice tells me now they are not going to pay. I hope that voice is terrible wrong.

Thanks
heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2018, 20:53   #2
heathcliff

I will come back and update this thread end May. Then I should have received my payment generated in January.
Old 26th April 2018, 11:58   #3
heathcliff

As promised I will come back on this when I received a payment. I have not received any payments yet. Meanwhile I've requested for a copy of the policy Shoutcast is referring to. I've made it available on my Google Drive because every publisher should own a copy (see link below).

Page 13 says: "TargetSpot will make a balance sheet every month and, subject to (i) the credit balance threshold conditions described below and (ii) the Payment Activation Conditions, a payment will be made to the PayPal account of the relevant Publisher sixty (60) days after the end of the month. Any Paypal costs related to this transaction will be borne by the Publisher. This payment will be made under the condition that the Publisher's account (visible in the Section “revenue” of Your SHOUTcast account in the SHOUTcast Radio Manager) reaches a credit balance threshold of at least 25EUR/$25 during that month. If not, the amounts existing on the Publisher's account will be cumulated during the calendar year. In the event that the Publisher does never reach the credit balance threshold of 25EUR/$25 during the calendar year, the amounts existing in his Publisher’s account will be lost definitively"

While Shoutcast says : "We'd like to inform you that revenue from ads 60 days after receiving our advertisers and agencies payments. As a result, credits to Broadcaster’s account will be made 90-120 days following end of corresponding month according to payment policy."

Again, wait and see if they are going to pay end next month(May).

Download policy here : http://marketing.shoutcast.com/SHOUT..._EN_271117.pdf

Copy (if it becomes unavailable): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ys...xE0V50P5BA6qIj
Old 31st May 2018, 23:12   #4
heathcliff

As promised I will come back on this.
It's now June 1st, and no payment has been received. I give them two business days.
Old 2nd June 2018, 21:00   #5
PiRD

oh no,
i create a new stream for my webradio to leave Radionoly because they didn't pay us among other things.
But if you say that is the same here...
PiRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2018, 21:18   #6
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiRD View Post
oh no,
i create a new stream for my webradio to leave Radionoly because they didn't pay us among other things.
But if you say that is the same here...
Well, bad news. Shoutcast is owned by Radionomy Group. The party in question that pays out is Targetspot which is owned by the same company Radionomy Group. But that makes it for me very easy because my uncle is lawyer and he advised me to wait a bit longer and mail them before he is going to take action.

So, they mailed me last week for partnership. We've meet on Hangouts. But I'm not interested in becoming partnered with someone who is doing difficult paying out a revenue of a lousy 35 euros.
Old 3rd June 2018, 15:56   #7
heathcliff

But the situation can change. I'll be back on this on Tuesday.
Old 4th June 2018, 21:28   #8
PiRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathcliff View Post
Well, bad news. Shoutcast is owned by Radionomy Group. The party in question that pays out is Targetspot which is owned by the same company Radionomy Group. But that makes it for me very easy because my uncle is lawyer and he advised me to wait a bit longer and mail them before he is going to take action.

So, they mailed me last week for partnership. We've meet on Hangouts. But I'm not interested in becoming partnered with someone who is doing difficult paying out a revenue of a lousy 35 euros.
Yes, I know, with a webradio created with Radionomy it is Radionomy wich pays, not Targetspot but they didn't do it since november and it was for november 2015 ! (yes you read well, i was paid 2 years after)

I hope Targetspot will find a solution.
Old 4th June 2018, 23:55   #9
heathcliff

Quote:
Yes, I know, with a webradio created with Radionomy it is Radionomy wich pays, not Targetspot but they didn't do it since november and it was for november 2015 ! (yes you read well, i was paid 2 years after)

Why did you wait 2 years? You can easily send a money collector "no cure no pay".
Old 5th June 2018, 00:29   #10
heathcliff

Quote:

Oh I suddenly a drop in CPM on from 0.90 to 0.02. Such a coincidence especially this drop is only on the country that provides me the most listeners

Just saying, such a coincidence.
Old 5th June 2018, 05:10   #11
LapTop

Quote:
Oh I suddenly a drop in CPM on from 0.90 to 0.02. Such a coincidence especially this drop is only on the country that provides me the most listeners

Just saying, such a coincidence.
the same with me, too, that no longer makes sense. I have disabled the ads until a payment
LapTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2018, 09:47   #12
PiRD

Quote:
Why did you wait 2 years? You can easily send a money collector "no cure no pay".
We don't have choice to wait, if we want to fight we have to take a lawyer but we don't have money...
Rdy was a good solutions when i created my webradio but it became shit.
Old 5th June 2018, 12:20   #13
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapTop View Post
the same with me, too, that no longer makes sense. I have disabled the ads until a payment
Quote:
We don't have choice to wait, if we want to fight we have to take a lawyer but we don't have money...
They received today an official mail. They get an ultimatum of 7 days to do their service in return. If they fail step 2.
Old 5th June 2018, 13:22   #14
heathcliff

Quote:
Quote:
I received the following feedback:

"I would like to apologize for the delay, indeed our accounting department just announced me all payments will be processed by the end of next week. Make sure I'll do my best to avoid this kind of inconvenience in the future"

So, between June 14th - 16th they start to pay.
Old 6th June 2018, 17:29   #15
jcnyct

too many people are stressing about payments.. they sent an email update months ago on payments moving fwd... you need to read it.

We received payment this week just like the email said we would
jcnyct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018, 18:52   #16
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnyct View Post
too many people are stressing about payments.. they sent an email update months ago on payments moving fwd... you need to read it.

We received payment this week just like the email said we would
The email you are talking about is not known to me. You see it as stress, I see it as part of the agreement. The response from Shoutcast says enough. They have never informed me that something is wrong.

If 30 dollars is already too big an obstacle, then I hold my heart for the larger amounts that are coming.
Old 7th June 2018, 02:24   #17
jcnyct

Quote:
The email you are talking about is not known to me. You see it as stress, I see it as part of the agreement. The response from Shoutcast says enough. They have never informed me that something is wrong.

If 30 dollars is already too big an obstacle, then I hold my heart for the larger amounts that are coming.
there is no obstacle.. you posted their update here and it's been shared on other threads that I'm sure you've gone crazy going thru.. read the update and you'll be fine

everyone will get paid just as they said they would.. if you don't think you will get paid, please stop using them.. it's quite easy lol
Old 7th June 2018, 02:39   #18
jcnyct

Quote:
They received today an official mail. They get an ultimatum of 7 days to do their service in return. If they fail step 2.
"an official mail" ?? this is too funny.. you might want do your research and realize Targespot actually serves mainstream radio stations.. yeah those that have thousands of listeners... I'm sure you will get paid just like everyone
Old 12th June 2018, 16:38   #19
multi023

Hi,

Someone has charged in "euros" for the month of January?

Thank you. Greetings,
multi023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 21:46   #20
LapTop

no EURO and no USD has charged
Old 13th June 2018, 15:14   #21
heathcliff

Quote:
there is no obstacle.. you posted their update here and it's been shared on other threads that I'm sure you've gone crazy going thru.. read the update and you'll be fine

everyone will get paid just as they said they would.. if you don't think you will get paid, please stop using them.. it's quite easy lol
"there is no obstacle"
A. Keep it factual, they did not paid. So it's an obstacle.

"I'm sure you've gone crazy going thru"
A: That's your conspiracy theory

"read the update and you'll be fine"
A: You might want to read the feedback I received from them before posting irrelevant comments.

"you might want do your research and realize Targespot actually serves mainstream radio stations.. yeah those that have thousands of listeners... I'm sure you will get paid just like everyone"
A. Irrelevant, in practice they did not paid and if you actually read what they wrote they admit they are late. The new promise is they pay end of this week. We will see and I give them a chance. If not, that will debunk your "read the update" argument.

I'm currently searching for advertisers so I can stop using their ad program.
Old 13th June 2018, 18:43   #22
jcnyct

Quote:
"there is no obstacle"
A. Keep it factual, they did not paid. So it's an obstacle.

"I'm sure you've gone crazy going thru"
A: That's your conspiracy theory

"read the update and you'll be fine"
A: You might want to read the feedback I received from them before posting irrelevant comments.

"you might want do your research and realize Targespot actually serves mainstream radio stations.. yeah those that have thousands of listeners... I'm sure you will get paid just like everyone"
A. Irrelevant, in practice they did not paid and if you actually read what they wrote they admit they are late. The new promise is they pay end of this week. We will see and I give them a chance. If not, that will debunk your "read the update" argument.

I'm currently searching for advertisers so I can stop using their ad program.

We and several other users in this forum have confirmed.. we got paid last week.. no issues. If you just started monetization with Shoutcast this year, your 1st payment will be delayed. Also, keep in mind even TuneIn is delayed in their payments - it's how the radio ad world works. In my clear channel days 6 months was normal

Good luck finding a cost-effective way to provide global ad-injection on your own - please let us know how that goes

Bottom line is.. as long as you meet the requirements, you will get paid as far as we've seen so far.. yes, payment will be delayed but if you can live with that, you'll be fine. If you can't, no need to complain here.. find another solution (there are some out there) and share them.
Old 13th June 2018, 19:25   #23
heathcliff

Quote:
We and several other users in this forum have confirmed.. we got paid last week.. no issues. If you just started monetization with Shoutcast this year, your 1st payment will be delayed. Also, keep in mind even TuneIn is delayed in their payments - it's how the radio ad world works. In my clear channel days 6 months was normal

Good luck finding a cost-effective way to provide global ad-injection on your own - please let us know how that goes

Bottom line is.. as long as you meet the requirements, you will get paid as far as we've seen so far.. yes, payment will be delayed but if you can live with that, you'll be fine. If you can't, no need to complain here.. find another solution (there are some out there) and share them.
"We"? Only you and someone else "2 years later". An agreement is an agreement. If something is promised then you stick to the promise why else is there an agreement? (This is a rhetorical question) If something has changed, you also change the agreement. That is normal in the radio world, even better that is very normal in general.

The minimum requirements are clearly stated before you enter into the agreement. I meet the minimum requirements way above average. Again proof that you have not read this thread.

Thank you so much, because if a company is doing difficult over 30,00, you are better off with your own ads. Finally, you get full 100% return. So, I wish you good luck
Old 14th June 2018, 13:57   #24
LapTop

Hi,

my payment for january is paid today.
Old 14th June 2018, 17:00   #25
heathcliff

Quote:
Hi,

my payment for january is paid today.
Awesome, that's positive news!
Old 15th June 2018, 06:15   #26
jcnyct

Quote:
"We"? Only you and someone else "2 years later". An agreement is an agreement. If something is promised then you stick to the promise why else is there an agreement? (This is a rhetorical question) If something has changed, you also change the agreement. That is normal in the radio world, even better that is very normal in general.

The minimum requirements are clearly stated before you enter into the agreement. I meet the minimum requirements way above average. Again proof that you have not read this thread.

Thank you so much, because if a company is doing difficult over 30,00, you are better off with your own ads. Finally, you get full 100% return. So, I wish you good luck
oh that makes sense.. if it's $30 you're fighting about.. of course.. it makes sense now.. your payment will probably be delayed a bit more.. you're wasting your time on shoutcast
Old 15th June 2018, 11:14   #27
heathcliff

Quote:
oh that makes sense.. if it's $30 you're fighting about.. of course.. it makes sense now.. your payment will probably be delayed a bit more.. you're wasting your time on shoutcast
30? Oh no, it's about what is coming after.
Old 15th June 2018, 14:27   #28
jcnyct

$30.. probably cost them more to process lol I suspect you will be delayed another month or 2 or even 3 once USD vs EURO breakdown happens

I'd wait till your account is over $100 on a monthly basis.. payments will roll delayed but will come in.

just like other users on other thread have posted - we have gotten paid both in USD and EURO for JAN 2018
Old 15th June 2018, 15:09   #29
heathcliff

Quote:
$30.. probably cost them more to process lol I suspect you will be delayed another month or 2 or even 3 once USD vs EURO breakdown happens

I'd wait till your account is over $100 on a monthly basis.. payments will roll delayed but will come in.

just like other users on other thread have posted - we have gotten paid both in USD and EURO for JAN 2018
I hope you can understand where I come from. I have no problems accepting their terms but I do have problems when they come with surprises. What you tell me is not what they are promising, do you get that? I have not an agreement with you but with them.

I'm doing business since 1999 internationally and an agreement protects two parties, the seller and the buyer or a business deal between parties. No matter I'm selling bread or doing serving radio ads on my radio the favour in return is standard.

I did my part but they are not doing their part.

It's about the bigger picture. They show me they are not capable to pay 30,00 euro. How can you guarantee they will pay me €363.25? You can't but they will because I am that type of guy they regret they fool around with.

I'm not doing nothing wrong, but they are.
Old 15th June 2018, 15:22   #30
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
30? Oh no, it's about what is coming after.
Here's what is coming after:
http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...28&postcount=2
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....61#post3156661

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2018, 15:48   #31
heathcliff

I'm not experiencing technical difficulties.
Old 15th June 2018, 16:03   #32
jcnyct

I believe this is affecting the hosted shoutcast service with Radionomy

we don't use their hosted service - our stations and streams are working fine for now

Honestly, for all you on hosted service.. I'd take this opportunity to look for a 3rd party hosted service... you will avoid a lot of headaches...

If you find the right shoutcast host provider, you will enjoy 99.999% uptime and reliability
Old 15th June 2018, 16:05   #33
heathcliff

Quote:
I believe this is affecting the hosted shoutcast service with Radionomy

we don't use their hosted service - our stations and streams are working fine for now
I want to add that the post is most likely irrelevant. It's about an old post made 8 years ago.
Old 15th June 2018, 16:12   #34
jcnyct

Quote:
I want to add that the post is most likely irrelevant. It's about an old post made 8 years ago.
no, the 2 posts ryerman shared are relevant.. it happened this month for hosted shoutcast service on radionomy
Old 15th June 2018, 16:27   #35
heathcliff

Quote:
no, the 2 posts ryerman shared are relevant.. it happened this month for hosted shoutcast service on radionomy
I'm not hosted on Radionomy. How is this relevant to this thread?
Old 15th June 2018, 16:40   #36
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
I'm not hosted on Radionomy. How is this relevant to this thread?
Soon, anyone who uses SCSS will pay a fee or be removed. It will no longer be free.
You will then have to worry about paying Shoutcast as well as worrying about receiving payment from advertisers.

Old 15th June 2018, 16:46   #37
jcnyct

Quote:
I hope you can understand where I come from. I have no problems accepting their terms but I do have problems when they come with surprises. What you tell me is not what they are promising, do you get that? I have not an agreement with you but with them.

I'm doing business since 1999 internationally and an agreement protects two parties, the seller and the buyer or a business deal between parties. No matter I'm selling bread or doing serving radio ads on my radio the favour in return is standard.

I did my part but they are not doing their part.

It's about the bigger picture. They show me they are not capable to pay 30,00 euro. How can you guarantee they will pay me €363.25? You can't but they will because I am that type of guy they regret they fool around with.

I'm not doing nothing wrong, but they are.
monetization thru shoutcast is not for you then and probably not with any ad injection provider.. as most use Targetspot - your payment will be delayed, but if you can't live with that.. it's not for you - we've had no issues with payments, sure they come delayed and that's that.. but we get them both in US and EURO... as far as them regretting they fool around with you.. they probably only regret they have to deal with you

find your ads locally and have peace of mind.. let them work on the bigger picture.
Old 15th June 2018, 16:51   #38
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
Soon, anyone who uses SCSS will pay a fee or be removed. It will no longer be free.
You will then have to worry about paying Shoutcast as well as worrying about receiving payment from advertisers.
I'm on DNAS how is SCSS related to me? Do I miss something?
Old 15th June 2018, 17:01   #39
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
I'm on DNAS how is SCSS related to me? Do I miss something?
DNAS is not affected.
But this is the "SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization" sub-forum and you have not mentioned DNAS until now.
Carry on.

Old 15th June 2018, 17:49   #40
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
DNAS is not affected.
But this is the "SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization" sub-forum and you have not mentioned DNAS until now.
Carry on.
haha I will take the chill pill
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization

Tags
ads, monetization, paid, payment