Old 2nd June 2018, 18:35   #1
PawWriter

Export playlist from iPod not including tag info

Hi all,

I'm trying to export playlists from my iPod (6th gen classic) in order to match ratings with a Plex media server. Essentially, what I'm looking to do is to take the playlist file, convert it to Excel, then use that spreadsheet to manually match the ratings on Plex to those on my iPod. I've got the convert playlist to Excel portion figured out - my problem is when I try to export the playlists from my iPod in Winamp.

So, I created a smart playlist that had only those songs I had rated 5 stars in it. When looking at the playlist on my iPod, the tracks are fully tagged, and shown properly delineated (Artist, Title, Album, Legnth, Bitrate, Rating, etc.). When I export that playlist (via dragging the playlist to the "Playlists" section on the nav pane), it shortens everything and loses all the tagging info, now displaying with "Artist-Title" in the Title field and the length of the song, but nothing in the artist, album, bitrate, rating, or any other field based on the ID3 tag.

As an example, when reading from the iPod, Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" would display this way:
Artist: Taylor Swift, Title: Shake It Off, Album: 1989, Legnth: 3:58, Bitrate: 192, Rating: 4 stars, Filename, etc.

When exported, the same entry now looks like this:
Title: Taylor Swift - Shake it Off, Length: 3:58, Filename: C:/......
No other fields are included.

Is there a way to get the exported playlists to maintain their Id3 tagging info?
PawWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
id3 tags, ipod, playlist export