Old 8th October 2018, 08:05   #1
sage12

Point me in the right direction!

Hi there.

First of all, I'm in a bit of a unique situation. I signed up to help out in my psychology professor's lab this quarter by transcribing jury deliberations recorded on audio CDs. It has turned out to be very tedious, believe it or not, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do the following things to make it go smoother:

Slow down the audio tracks so I can keep up with them better.

Adjust or preserve the correct pitch (???) so I can still tell whether the speakers are male or female.

Set up hotkeys that I can use while typing in a Word doc. Pause/play, rewind and fast forward would be nice.

So yeah, you guys have any recommendations for plugins or other programs that would help me out? I googled and searched the forums a bit but I figured I'd see what the pros think.
sage12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 19:28   #2
old and quite mad
Major Dude

Adobe Audition has some very good pitch and tempo controls, but it isn't free.

Winamp has some DSP plugins that control pitch and tempo, I found this one on the interwebs but have no experience with it.

https://www.surina.net/pacemaker/doc/index.html

"I don't even use winamp or really know what it is. yeah" - Thedesignisgreat
old and quite mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 11:46   #3
hatecubed

Hi sage12,

Pacemaker seems to be the one I see most frequently mentioned, so ditto the above post for that part.

Winamp includes a "Global Hotkeys" plugin (I think by default; I don't personally use it and so I can't check here quickly for you). If you press CTRL + P in Winamp, and have a look under 'Plugins' in the tree in the left-hand pane, you should hopefully see it and be able to configure it. As the name suggests, they are global, so you can have e.g. Word in focus and still play/stop/whatever the track playing in Winamp.

Let me know how you go!
hatecubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion